Wikileaks release of embassy cables

Chilly

Balls of steel
In a word - the Yanks - we didnt want to upset em too much so this was the diplomatic way to present it - we got an oil deal out of it and tbh the evidence against the guy was very shaky so everyones a winner.

Having to tell the truth all the time would be a major handicap diplomatically - its a bit like having co-workers who you dont like. You could either keep stum and work together or you could tell em what you think of em but likely cause issues.

Ah yes, but it was obvious at the time what was going on. It even got in the press. The US certainly knew. It was 100% about protecting politicians interests.

As for secrecy: of course there is a need for it. We cant go telling everyone everything, but the balance is a long way off where it should be imo. In an age where the truth often gets out anyway, you might as well fess up early doors and get some moral points.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone seen the cable+related articles that US company Dyncorp arranged sex/drug parties for afghan trainees with underage child prostitutes yet?

Can't believe it isn't getting massive press coverage instead of the assange being arrested crap.

WikiLeaks: Texas Company Helped Pimp Little Boys To Stoned Afghan Cops - Houston News - Hair Balls
Foreign contractors hired Afghan 'dancing boys', WikiLeaks cable reveals | World news | guardian.co.uk

think about it what better way to divert attentions from the cables than to arrest the man who published them

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL, just been watching BBC news - reporting that the US is using the espionage act against Assange. They are treating him as a hostile spy. Fucking LOL.

The BBC said "Clear proof that the US are out to get him. An act that was made in 1917 and has never been used against a whistleblower"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They are being forced to charge him for political reasons - it would be damaging to Obama if they don't charge him - even if they lose the trial/lose on appeal.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course the US has never used, or still doesn't use spies.

No, they wouldn't do that. Would they?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I kinda hope he does get busted. He has to log into his insurance file thingy every month or it auto-releases. The US doesnt dare lock him up, IMO. He's probably got his hands on some proper high grade shit.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I reckon he'll get out of jail then go work for some old guy and solve the case of his long lost missing daughter on some island.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
you been watching Scooby Doo reruns again this morning megadave?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
But does Wikileaks know what really happened to Maddie?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Assange has prolly been abusing her all this time!! It's unpatriotirepublicamericanismist!</Sarah Palin>

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well played sir, well played. Rolled when least expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom