Wii U, Total Failure?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sales have been garbage, software sales are terrible and well people just aren't buying into it.

The casual family that bought the Wii don't want the Wii U because it looks too hardcore with the gamepad and screen.

The hardcore players laugh at the fact Nintendo brought out yet another inferior console and have basically told them to fuck off.

The impulse buyers/early adopters are trading up while the console is still worth something.

All that's left are the hardcore Nintendo fans who want their next Mario and Zelda games.

Publishers have all but abandoned the console, EA said the games they have released on it have sold very poorly and Activision said no Call of Duty since BLOPS 2 sold poorly also.

PS4/Next Box due out this year, what publisher in their right mind will give the green light to develop a game for this? the Wii software sales were garbage except for Wii Fit and the usual Mario offerings.

Certainly going to be interesting to see Nintendo share their sales figures at some point and see they are fast going the way of Sega, if it wasn't for the Wii profits would Nintendo still be in the home console business or just stay with their handheld market.

Personally I was tempted but after the Wii I just thought nahhh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
its crap and over priced for the casual and rest want xbox and ps3

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sales have been garbage, software sales are terrible and well people just aren't buying into it.

The casual family that bought the Wii don't want the Wii U because it looks too hardcore with the gamepad and screen.

It isn't so much that it looks hardcore but more to do with how the Wii made its own segment in the market, it wasn't as powerful as the XB and PS3 but it was more fun and family friendly so the graphics etc didn't matter so much. The way to look at the Wii is the same way you look at a Monopoly board game, a newer version may have improvements in some areas of design or manufacture but most people will only replace a Monopoly board because of damage or lost parts because in essence it is always the same at its core. Most people who bought the Wii over the other two won't feel the need to rush to a Wii U, unless their Wii breaks and even then they are just as likely to buy a cheap Wii if they can.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That ghost game is fun when smashed, er...that's about it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
we all knew this was gonna happen, the ninty games are fine.

just makes you wonder about 3rd partys like ea, activision etc they all prollly spend a few mill on fuck nut strategists when any one with half a clue woulda told em not to bother

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
no Call of Duty since BLOPS 2 sold poorly also.

which has nothing to do with the fact that having someone shit on your desk then faceplanting into it would be more fun than playing COD games ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
which has nothing to do with the fact that having someone shit on your desk then faceplanting into it would be more fun than playing COD games ?

We don't need to know about your scat fetishes :p

Aada

Part of the furniture

Cheers for the mental image :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The hardcore players laugh at the fact Nintendo brought out yet another inferior console and have basically told them to fuck off.
Their opinions are fucking useless though, they did that with the Wii and Nintendo made a fuck off mountain of cash.

The Wii U brings nothing new to the table and in my opinion that is the problem with it. Effectively it's an upgraded Wii and Nintendo already played that card one time too many with the addons they kept punting for the original (balance board, steering wheel, enhanced motion, etc.).

Nintendo need to expand their family gaming area and realise that the console is overpriced. Then it might pick up some pace.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
also on the wii ninty had decent games for wii super mario galaxy, which was refreshing step forward for the mario games. it made me want to buy the wii. there fuck all worthy on the wii u atm. apart from the controller which i hope they get to work on pc soon.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Think Nintendo are starting to realise, their marketing wasn't that clear with the Wii U, as the majority of people think you are only paying for the Pad not a new console. Think its still too early to call it a failure, its still managed to have strong sales, not as strong as the Wii mind you. But compared to early figures of PS3 and 360 when they first came out, it matches around that area. Don't think i'll be buying one, (360 being the last console I will buy for a very long time) but it does interest me.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Hehe, as a person not very interested in consoles i did not even know something called Wii U existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom