Wierd texture flickering with Radeon 9800

Zerach

Fledgling Freddie
I got myself a little problem that was introduced with the ToA client. The problem is fairly obvious if you look at this movie [650Kbyte].

The problem does not exist in the SI or classic client, but using them is not really a solution to my problem, thats just a ugly workaround hack.

Anyone got any idea what do to in order to resolve the iddue ?

Im using a Radeon 9800 Pro card and the 4.4 catalyst drivers (problem remains in using any version 4.0 to 4.4 as far as I have tested. Even tried the "Omega" third party unlocked feature drivers, problem remains)

Zerach

Fledgling Freddie
nick said:
Seems like a heat issue.

I wish I could belive that. However the problem does not occour in the SI nor the Classic client, nor in any other game (I find it hard to belive that ToA would generate more heat than any other graphics intensive application). The built in heat sensors on the motherboard are well within normal operational ranges, so to think that the graphics card would generate so much heat that it disturbes its own operation without heating up the ambient temperature inside the case sounds abit like a longshot.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Och

Zerach said:
I wish I could belive that. However the problem does not occour in the SI nor the Classic client, nor in any other game (I find it hard to belive that ToA would generate more heat than any other graphics intensive application). The built in heat sensors on the motherboard are well within normal operational ranges, so to think that the graphics card would generate so much heat that it disturbes its own operation without heating up the ambient temperature inside the case sounds abit like a longshot.

Find somewhere a sw tweak that allows u to push down clock on gfx card, och can't remember where tho u should search a bit on google about it.
Had a similar problem and solved with that little utility.

jnh

Loyal Freddie
have you tried out any other drivers and messed with gfx settings like water etc? i dont see why anyone should have to tone down the performance of a gfx card to play a game :eek7:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
What gahn said could work although to me it look's like it's a texture or colour problem, have you tried disabling atlantis terrain at the options?

nick

Fledgling Freddie
If you have access to US daoc try that. I have had various problems with EU Daoc (none since TOA mind you) whereas everything ran fine on US Daoc.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
That doesn't look like a heat related issue to me, i wouldn't bother underclocking the card. I would say it's an issue with textures, try fiddling with any ingame texture related setting. Also as a long shot try different AA and AF settings and also i think there is a special effects type thing you can set in new rad drivers, make sure it's not set at anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom