Wierd phone call.....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So recived a really wierd phonecall from a person with indian accent, lots of voices in the background, saying they where reciving lots of virus messages via windows from my computer...

rynnor

Rockhound
So recived a really wierd phonecall from a person with indian accent, lots of voices in the background, saying they where reciving lots of virus messages via windows from my computer...

Heh - that old scam - tell em to go f*ck themselves :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tell them your cooking and have to quickly turn the gas down, then just walk away and leave the phone line open. Adds nicely to their bill. Works great on UK based call centers as I believe it keeps one of their line open.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Tell them your cooking and have to quickly turn the gas down, then just walk away and leave the phone line open. Adds nicely to their bill. Works great on UK based call centers as I believe it keeps one of their line open.

afaik, that is no longer true, they can disconnect themselves from their end, so all you end up doing is blocking your own line

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
crap, shame it used to work well when I lived in UK.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I have an arnie soundboard on a shortcut on my desktop here at work to play with the scammers and the marketers with.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just told them sorry i dont have any internet connection, and they just hang up on me the rude bastards.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Heh, my mate has an older system he uses for just this purpose. Gets 2 or 3 calls like this a week. Gives them access to that system which somehow sends shit to their systems once they connect.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Heh, my mate has an older system he uses for just this purpose. Gets 2 or 3 calls like this a week. Gives them access to that system which somehow sends shit to their systems once they connect.

That's a great idea! Now if I only could get some of these calls :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom