Wich Server to roll on ?

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Hey All

I just got my Copy of the Game, and was wondering what server to roll on, i really dont have a clue, after 6 years of DAoC and with still some active chars, i'd like if the server was loaded with ex DAoC players rather than WoW freaks if u catch my drift så can anybody help me on this and even better recoment any guilds ?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hey All

I just got my Copy of the Game, and was wondering what server to roll on, i really dont have a clue, after 6 years of DAoC and with still some active chars, i'd like if the server was loaded with ex DAoC players rather than WoW freaks if u catch my drift så can anybody help me on this and even better recoment any guilds ?

PVP servers aren't as bad as people make out i have not been attacked that many times tbh.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
i myself is mighty impressed with the pvp servers so far, not much ganking and its like exp in the frontier in daoc v fun and rewarding at times.

in Grimnurs Guard on Fury with only old daocers and one SWG i think:)

Aada

Part of the furniture
He heh And wich PvP server might that be on ;)

Windsoul atm seriously no body should be scared of being ganked on a PVP server sure you'll run into a asshat now and then but hey gank em back.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey All

dont know why anyone would want to roll on the same server as ex daoc players from excal/pryd tbh. havent you been reading the crap that has been posted for yrs and yrs on fh?? flaming/whining etc etc.......
possibly the cause of the collapse of the server in the end maybe......too many assholes imo.....

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
dont know why anyone would want to roll on the same server as ex daoc players from excal/pryd tbh. havent you been reading the crap that has been posted for yrs and yrs on fh?? flaming/whining etc etc.......
possibly the cause of the collapse of the server in the end maybe......too many assholes imo.....

That's gotta be it.

I nominate you for the Mr. Negativity Post Award 2008.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie

Well thats one side of the story and tbh i dont really care i like some of the old farts anyway ;) ... And im to old and to grumpy to even consider making friends with 14 year olds yet again ... Hence im seeking old DAoC'ers :eek7:

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
That's gotta be it.

I nominate you for the Mr. Negativity Post Award 2008.

I like the sound of that. "And the winner of the NPA 2008 is....Perf for his outstanding display of negativity in the face of optimism"

:)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Yep I am on Dagon server m8 playing Ranger atm and Dark Templar.

Soulja

Hmmm to bad i'm currently on the RP/PvP server Corinthias or something, playing a PoM Mirkles and a Barbarian Hourl, but who knows we might meet again :)

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
PvP servers are the way to go really, PvE are for newbs sorry to say.

Fury = lots of english ppl, good community.

Wildsoul = alot of russians iam told, havn't tried it.

Might be a 3rd PvP server not sure, know nothing about that one.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Getiing sick of ppl saying pve servers for newbs, pretty sure me and alot of others have played mmos just as much as the pvp server ppl and achieved just as much, killed as many in rvr and died as much. If u prefer pvp server thats all well and good but stfu already with calling ppl who dont agree with you a noob!!... pls!:)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I play the same sort of server in every game. In DAoC it was the regular server, in WoW it was the PvP server and in AoC its the PvE Server. Three different names, one type of server imo.

eksdee

FH is my second home
agree. the idea that "pve servers are for noobs" is fucking absurd. i'm playing on a pve server because it offers me the best of both worlds. i can pvp when i want and when i need to pve i can do that without unnecessary annoyance. more power to you if you enjoy pvp, i had a great time on camlann and all but tbh i don't see the point of rolling there when there are no rewards for pvp kills implemented yet - not even exp for pvp kills!

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Well i made a Demonologist on WildSoul pvp server ^^

I made a PoM on Vildsoul aswell, but then deleted it to go to corinthias server as i didnt think you could be on more than 1 server, but then i found out you could he heh :) .. i dont really care much wich server just the companionship really and some nice lads to speak with on Vent.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
PvP servers are the way to go really, PvE are for newbs sorry to say.

Once you start paying my subs and employing me as a gamer, you can start telling me where I have to go. Until then shove it up your butt.
:kissit:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

Enjoy the WoW-kidz :)

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Once you start paying my subs and employing me as a gamer, you can start telling me where I have to go. Until then shove it up your butt.
:kissit:

Once your start paying me for expression opinions on an internet forum I will take notice. etc.

Whatever people say, Age of Conan is not a realm vs realm game. It is a PvP and 2ndly a Clan/Guild VS Guild game. To get the full experience you have to play on a PvP server. If you can not handle the PvP since you have a baised opinon that you will get ganked 127381929 a day then obviously that is your choice.

DAoC PvP server had obvious balance, and layout problems due to the fact the game was made to be a RvR game. The PvP servers came of public demand, would be taken "as it is" kind of.

In my book people avoiding PvP in a PvP based game does it 'cus 1) The do not like pvp, 2) Feel they cannot compete.

Now with this said, PvE servers have PvP but in explicit zones, where you have to teleport to, wich then can be interperated as a nubbed down version of a pvp server, hence the somewhat sarcastic/humours wordphrase "nub server".

You can say whatever you want, but PvE server lacks the potential and content that is offered on a PvP server. Once the game is better optimized having a Clan VS Clan VS Clan showdown in any zone of your choice will be awesome, and offer more diverse PvP.

taB

Part of the furniture
To get the full experience you have to play on a PvP server. If you can not handle the PvP since you have a baised opinon that you will get ganked 127381929 a day then obviously that is your choice.

To get the full PvP experience you have to play on a PvP server.

It is not a case of handling or not handling PvP, it is a decision as to how I wish to spend my free time enjoying a game. Wishing to focus my efforts elsewhere is my choice. Just as I prefer to hang around in low-sec / 0.0 in Eve rather than empire. It suits me.

I personally find your elitist ideals totally suitable to the server type you have chosen and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I am currently after a more casual day to day gaming experience with AoC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom