Why?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
No, you say burglarised. Americans say burglarized. You in the 1700s also said burglarized.... :p

I'm with you on the aluminium though, but even with that, aluminum was the root or actually, alumium when Sir Humphrey Davy named the element in 1807. He changed it to Aluminium in 1812.

I would imaging that the British would only use Burglarised as a spoof or joke, frankly I have never ever heard anyone say "Burglarised" when they actually got burgled

amusingly the Chrome spell checker suggest the correct spelling of Burglarised as burglarious which made me giggle :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Everyone knows Irish people are the easiest english speaking nation to understand ! :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I would imaging that the British would only use Burglarised as a spoof or joke, frankly I have never ever heard anyone say "Burglarised" when they actually got burgled

amusingly the Chrome spell checker suggest the correct spelling of Burglarised as burglarious which made me giggle :)

I was just kiddin' as Lamp used the -ise variant which Americans generally don't use. They use the -ize version :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Irish accent is one of the best in that bloody island cluster. Same is ofcourse welsh and scot. Regular english people, if they're not "proper" how do english, you can't f*cking understand.

And those usually are the ones complaining about american english, which is irony in a blanket of bacon :p

You'll have better luck understanding a wasted irishman then an english regular.

Oh and;

YouTube - Speak English Please!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
i actually think the americans did something right by simplifying some of the english words and i hate when english people come snobs with their language. the language which for some reason just cannot use the correct names for cities and countries. its not Gothenburg you slobs

They had the right idea but they did it terribly, applying it to certain words and phrases but not others. The idea of simplifying and getting rid a of a lot of the fluff and irregularities is a sound one that no-one can deny. In practice though, it didn't work and can at times be more confusing than simplifying.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
They had the right idea but they did it terribly, applying it to certain words and phrases but not others. The idea of simplifying and getting rid a of a lot of the fluff and irregularities is a sound one that no-one can deny. In practice though, it didn't work and can at times be more confusing than simplifying.

erm....
Shire - Berkshire
School - Schedule
Integer - Integrity

Just to point out a few. Could mention more but guess the point is clear... And ohw, don't get me started about lieutenant... Where the fuck is the F?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
tohtori has a point, the average working class english man can't speak english for shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom