why

N

-Nxs-

because they dont understand what it actualy does :)

A

Archeon

More Qui = a faster swing speed

A faster swing speed means that the damage done by styles lessens, this is because in a sense styles are a buff to your DPS that adds X ammount over X ammount of time... so to give a little diagram thingie :D

Without Qui = 1......1......1
With Qui = 1...1...1...1...1

1 = 1 hit

The more hits within the time frame the less damage they will do per swing. And since the arrival of the end buff to midgard its been less effective on keep raids as well as tanks can more or less perma style on doors :(

Anyway, with +Qui the general idea is that you'l hit for more damage over time. However, the general drone concept of RvR decree's that damage is king and that by the time you reach the time frame by which you do more damage than without qui the battles over.

Still, i'd only heard of beserkers really bothering with this. For a warrior the Dex component of the Dex/Qui buff would be just as valuable for blocking/parrying...

...gee, that actually makes it sound like i understand what i'm talking about :D

T

tripitaka

SO following on from this...

A healers Haste Buff that increases attack speed is only really useful on non fight-style characters?

I.E. if a BD is meleeing, or shammie or healer is meleeing, give em the haste buff coz it'll make em swing faster.

N

-Nxs-

Translated for mid trolls.

"+QUI make you hit things quicker, troll like hit things +QUI good"

A

Archeon

Originally posted by tripitaka
SO following on from this...

A healers Haste Buff that increases attack speed is only really useful on non fight-style characters?

I.E. if a BD is meleeing, or shammie or healer is meleeing, give em the haste buff coz it'll make em swing faster.

Not sure how the haste buff works, that was just the way +qui was explained too me... well actually replace with dot's and one's woth play-doh but its more or less the same thing :)

K

kinag

I gladly take a quick/dex buff, tho im a big gimp :m00:

L

living

Savages' usually cap quick too, not just zerks :]

K

Kagato.

I like Dex/Quick buffs, as said above the dex component makes it worthwhile by itself for parry/critical odds, and i'll always take a haste buffs though im not 100% certain how the haste buffs effect damage per swing if at all.

But when it comes to spellcrafting armour i've left quickness of it completely, my first set I had I capped quickness as well and didn't like it, the damage drop of was fairly significant and not that much of a noticeable faster swing, so I we did my template without any quickness at all and my damage cap raised nicely and any slower swing speed was trivial.

F

Flimgoblin

less damage on first hit

more damage over time.

the reason berserkers don't want it is because their base damage is so much less than their style damage (at the moment) so they don't actually notice much gain from +qui and do notice the drop in single hit damage.

B

Belsameth

I think hast just makes you swing faster, without lowering your style bonus

O

old.Vae

You have to remember that the first blow you strike has effectively no delay hence a tank in a very quick fight vs someone will do more damge over time with a low qui than with a higher one because he'll get a larger initial hit. Now admittedly this advantage will decrease the longer the fight takes and then the qui buffed char will start doing more damage over time.

As far as I can remember the style damage over time doesn't change with the qui buff hence style damage per hit will fall. The base damage over time will increase with a qui buff as it will still do the same damage per hit butfaster.

N

-Nuked-

i heard someone say a long while back that the same principle goes for casters ... so ... the higher the dex the faster the cast the lower the dmg? is that true .. im 2 lazy to test it

S

sru

Originally posted by nuked_inthehead
i heard someone say a long while back that the same principle goes for casters ... so ... the higher the dex the faster the cast the lower the dmg? is that true .. im 2 lazy to test it

No - dex just lowers time to cast - do decrease in damage.

J

Jupitus

Hmmm... and what if the person had a proc or charge type thing on his/her weapon? Even if the damage over time remains constant (ie less damage per hit, but more hits) wouldn't they have a better chance of getting a proc if they hit more often?

F

Flimgoblin

procs are scaled to swing speed

reactives aren't :( *curses*

O

old.LandShark

Procs scaling with weapon's listed spd is verified, but has anyone actually checked that it further scales down with qui/haste?

A

Arnor

+quick lowers the pr.hit dmg on styled attacks, but in turn increases the overall dmg over time. unstyled you just hit faster.

K

klavrynd

i dont take haste nor dex/qui in rvr

the difference in styled damage is huge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom