Why you shouldn't get drunk....

K

Kagato.

Camelot Vault: At E3 it was revealed that one of the three new races would be the Half-Ogre. All that is truly known, beyond what can be gleaned from the name, is that they are from Albion. Is it possible for you to reveal a touch more information on this race? Such as look, size or strengths, both in terms of starting stats and what classes it will be geared towards.

Matt Firor: Sorry, but I can't give out much about the Half-Ogre at this time. Its backstory is that the ogres from Avalon Island (as introduced in Shrouded Isles) have mated with humans, and this is the offspring of that union. They are larger than Highlanders and will be suited towards the melee classes.

Ok own up, who's been shagging the Ogres ?

The rest of the Q & A session can be found here:

Click me baby !

K

Kagato.

yeah a nice way to make all existing armsman obsolete.

I

ilienwyn

Now i read the article, 3fg per boat.
Are we going to make naval battles as well?
Xmm, maybe we should save ra points for mastery of water :) :)

P.S.: Doesn't say so much though about anything...

A

Aule Valar

whilst i am at this point gcunnrently very pissed, i don't believe i have shagged any ogres (although theres enough in exeter...)
btw
nerf zambuka

K

kirennia

!!!!!!!!! someonelse lives near me o_O

Upto now whenever I say I live in devon, I just get the ohhhh arrrr jokes, not met anyone in game who lives near me irl :D

I live in paignton btw :)

K

kirennia

And yeah, sounds pretty damn weird. I'm finding it hard to picture a fat half ogre in plate though. Crafters gonna have to make plate even more stretchy now so it fits onto ogres as well as inconnu :rolleyes: so realistic :D

T

Trinilim

Highlanders aren't gonna be obsolete, they'll have some advantages over the half ogres and half ogres will have some advantages over them.

It's like avalonian and inconnu casters, both are good, each has some advantage over the other.

And as we don't know the beginning stats, I'm willing to bet Highlanders get better dex (for blocking) and possibly more con (just look at the firbolg, 60 con, 90 str, it might be something like that).

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I am still not so keen on this whole 'underwater adventuring' malarky. Paladins and Trolls fighting beasties on the ocean floor? Urrr...okay. Totally keeping in with the theme of the Arthurian legends.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Falcor
mmmmm insta armsman nerf?

christ :rolleyes:

i bet the same thing is gonna happen with you as with hib, your realm in general will be weakened (or, not made stronger) since you personally are afraid of not being the king of the crop. nightshades whone so much that they removed the option of being celts, hope you do it too with that attitude.

O

old.Ashgen

The way I see it ...

It's basically Atlantis, i.e. a lost continent which will be accessed from water.

So no "underwater" battles, just normal stuff on an RvR continent.

Maybe I am wrong though, usually am :rolleyes:

A

Arnor

Re: The way I see it ...

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
It's basically Atlantis, i.e. a lost continent which will be accessed from water.

So no "underwater" battles, just normal stuff on an RvR continent.

Maybe I am wrong though, usually am :rolleyes:

no rvr :puke:

H

hercules-df

so highlanders will get nerfed as soon a this class appears, why dont they just add the relevant extra points ogres have over us in str into con or dex or something to turn highlanders into pretty good dmg dealers with a nice amount of dex. all us slambots need more dex 4 teh win

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Kagato.
Ok own up, who's been shagging the Ogres ?

might have been my mrs when she was lvling her pally i wondered why her suit was a bit tight round the tum, might explain why she walks like John Wayne now

K

Kagato.

Re: Re: Why you shouldn't get drunk....

Originally posted by Feac_
might have been my mrs when she was lvling her pally i wondered why her suit was a bit tight round the tum, might explain why she walks like John Wayne now

Learn Rubber Craft and make her some condoms next time.

F

Feac_

Re: Re: Re: Why you shouldn't get drunk....

Originally posted by Kagato.
Learn Rubber Craft and make her some condoms next time.

i would but Kemor said that craft was being kept for the GOA only has they seem to screw everyone :D

E

Ekydus

I don't want Ogres. The background story is just plain stupid and the fact that they will ruin many classes already playing and possibly Albion in the process is stupid. Please don't give Albion the Ogres. Throw them in Midgard where they belong and give us something that is more human and resembles what Albion is and stands for. Inconnu went against the ideals of Albion; being that it had no weirdo creatures and now the designers have just thought they might aswell throw more crap our way?

No thanks.

O

Ocond

Originally posted by Ekydus
I don't want Ogres. The background story is just plain stupid and the fact that they will ruin many classes already playing and possibly Albion in the process is stupid. Please don't give Albion the Ogres. Throw them in Midgard where they belong and give us something that is more human and resembles what Albion is and stands for. Inconnu went against the ideals of Albion; being that it had no weirdo creatures and now the designers have just thought they might aswell throw more crap our way?

No thanks.

Agree there, to a degree

New classes like Merchants and Seafarers might be a little better, maybe smugglers too, who knows.

dunno about new race tho.....?

F

Flimgoblin

OMG A RACE WITH MORE STR!!!!

that's so gonna destroy albion.

E

Ekydus

For a Forum Deity you don't seem to take in what you read. Maybe that Goblin suit is cutting off your oxygen supply.

The point made is that the fact we'll have non-human weirdos that resemble the equivilent of trolls in Midgard roaming about in Albion will ruin the concept for many players. We're not talking about stats. If it was merely about stats we'd all be happy. But a race with more strength is concequently going to put most of the tanks in Albion into redundancy anyway. Why roll a Highlander when what the Highlander offers is outweighed by an Ogre?

I do not want Ogres.
I do not want an insta-nerf patch for Highlanders.

Albion has enough races.

T

Tilda

Ekydus give up. your views are clear now, let it rest we dont all want it drilled into our heads.

tbh i want ogres.
i think they will be low Qucik like trolls, so im going to make a front loading pole arms or merc. :D

Tilda

F

Falcor

Originally posted by Arnor
christ :rolleyes:

i bet the same thing is gonna happen with you as with hib, your realm in general will be weakened (or, not made stronger) since you personally are afraid of not being the king of the crop. nightshades whone so much that they removed the option of being celts, hope you do it too with that attitude.

Im briton, i like it, i jsut think its a shame especially for the pure pole tanks that they r bringing out a class which pretty obviously is gonna have massive strength, and therefore do more damage, i played my armsman(and only my armsman) in beta i played my armsman from day one i will play my armsman till goa goes bankrupt :)

I think the idea of having ogres is stupid, albion needs a high str char, ok but why not make it something cool and more infitting with authiran legend, a lot of the legend revlolves around dragons so why not some sort of dragon type race? enemies of the drakoran maybe would be cool than some ugly giant thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom