why would you invite a vamp to your RvR grp

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i'm having my normal dilemma on which class to roll. vamp is one of the possibilities so i wanted to get some of you experienced hibs views on the class.

so, give me the advantages of vampiirs. why would you want one in your group*?

or maybe you wouldn't dream of placing a vamp in a grp, then your views and reasons is also very welcomed here.

* since i'm a fan of hybrid grps there would be 2 tanks + warden/hero in it.

(also any good vamp specs wouldn't hurt the thread)

traktorlove

Banned
pjuppe said:
i'm having my normal dilemma on which class to roll. vamp is one of the possibilities so i wanted to get some of you experienced hibs views on the class.

so, give me the advantages of vampiirs. why would you want one in your group*?

or maybe you wouldn't dream of placing a vamp in a grp, then your views and reasons is also very welcomed here.

* since i'm a fan of hybrid grps there would be 2 tanks + warden/hero in it.

(also any good vamp specs wouldn't hurt the thread)
depends alot who the vamp is, if its a friend i know is a good player id invite, but only under that consideration

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Pro's:
Charge tank
Banelord
Ability to interrupt with spells
Dementia resist buffs and / or VR WS buff
Can be rezzed and back in action with PR / GoLM without needing rb

Againsts:

Leather wearer
No stoicism
1 handed attacker, thus lower damage output than other tanks. (Although in certain scenarios they can outdamage them, WS buff, chains, claws but frankly it's not something as reliable as Squall Squall Squall.)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
traktorlove said:
depends alot who the vamp is, if its a friend i know is a good player id invite, but only under that consideration

Solari said:
Pro's:
Charge tank
Banelord
Ability to interrupt with spells
Dementia resist buffs and / or VR WS buff
Can be rezzed and back in action with PR / GoLM without needing rb

Againsts:

Leather wearer
No stoicism
1 handed attacker, thus lower damage output than other tanks. (Although in certain scenarios they can outdamage them, WS buff, chains, claws but frankly it's not something as reliable as Squall Squall Squall.)

from this i take it you would much rather have another tank?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
from this i take it you would much rather have another tank?

Vamps dont get DET either, take a vamp and you've got a toon there who has no CC immunity (except Purge) and putting them in a melee roll. I'd always take a stoicism tank over any other for a melee slot, with a det tank at worst case.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would say vamps would probbly solo to 50 faster than another tank without a buffbot.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
i would say vamps would probbly solo to 50 faster than another tank without a buffbot.

that isn't really an issue. it will get made by pl or it will not get made at all :)

how about a elf pierce specced BM? would that be something? (it would at least fill my roleplay criteria pretty well:))

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
If it's possible to get a BM or a Champion as offensive tank instead of Vamp, pick BM or champ. All three got Banelords, 2 of them charge, champs doesnt but at least they'll have DET/ST other usefull stuff. I don't see any reason to have them in groups, only if you cant get anything else that would be.

On the Elf Pierce BM part. Well, its worth a shot, just look at Elricstormbringer.. His champ is an elf, his BM also and he is doing fine, so i can't see why you wouldn't try it out.

traktorlove

Banned
bm hero or champ over vamp anytime, bm with bls charge and det4-5 is great, hero with the new changes are really hard to kill+ you get high det, stoic, and possibly SB3, champ is sort of like hero with nice debuffs, interupts, and possibility to do shitloads of dmg on heavytanks

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
thx for the replys. can anyone recommend a nice weaponcombo for pierce?

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
thx for the replys. can anyone recommend a nice weaponcombo for pierce?

goldenspear with offhand champ weapon?
both have thrust resist decrease, you also get the javelins which are nice intrerupt tools on 30s timer and 1250 range.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I have an Elf Blademaster as my main.

Just curious why you would rather go pierce ? Damage is then based on STR and DEX so you have two stats to cap when DEX will only be usefull for evade/parry rates which you dont need on the assist train (unless your being hit - and if you are your support is probably dead)

I went full Blades - much easier to cap (and overcap) the stats then.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Alan said:
I have an Elf Blademaster as my main.

Just curious why you would rather go pierce ? Damage is then based on STR and DEX so you have two stats to cap when DEX will only be usefull for evade/parry rates which you dont need on the assist train (unless your being hit - and if you are your support is probably dead)

I went full Blades - much easier to cap (and overcap) the stats then.

nice dmg table, but mainly for the looks :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
nice dmg table, but mainly for the looks :)

Dont go pierce you have to cap DEX and STR which is pointless as you dont really use DEX for anything else, just go blade/crush and cap STR

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Vamps work well in group in my oppinion
We usually have vamp as banelord :)
He has charge and no need for stoicism/DET when u have purge 3
got ranged interupts depends on spec but if dementia he can stay alive well outside druids heal range vs caster groups if another spec VE i think u have that 50% fumble debuff to cast on tanks bashing those sexeh lurikeens and elphs
So vamp is a good choice imo.
Also champ is nice for group doesent have Charge but still has DET range interupts banelords snare debuffs and other fun stuff :)But imo champ doesent work quite aswell as vamp when kiting,
Bm allso nice charge stoicism DET has all tools :D xept the lack of range interupts

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
already rolled a elf BM :) now i just have to motivate myself to PvE :(

thx for all the awnsers in this thread :)

Katcher

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
goldenspear with offhand champ weapon?

BM's cant activate GS which we only found out after doing the encounter for Peekays Elf BM

Himse

FH is my second home
Alan said:
Dont go pierce you have to cap DEX and STR which is pointless as you dont really use DEX for anything else, just go blade/crush and cap STR
its not hard now, with new armour bonuses etc.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm yeah I forgot to make my point.

Both are viable, personally if you run 2 tanks, 2 casters I would go for the BM/Champ - But running a 3 caster 1 tank setup personally I found vamps do perform really well. Especially luri ones since he was often targetted as the first (lol?). We ran with him both as VR and dem, both with a lot of succes.

Tried a little test with full dem, full resists, red resist buffs and AoM 4 or 5 I think, topped my rr8 elds spec nukes below the 100's.

Main advantage was the vamps magic resistance and continuous interrupts even after banelords, and if he went down we could easily get him back in action without much effort.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Alan said:
Vamps dont get DET either, take a vamp and you've got a toon there who has no CC immunity (except Purge) and putting them in a melee roll. I'd always take a stoicism tank over any other for a melee slot, with a det tank at worst case.

You got the point :| It is the only reason not to take a vamp and a good one. Dmg output, util, survivability all are in favour of the vamp, but it takes 1 root to screw him up.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Only mezz will neutralize the vamp, they can still cast interrupts.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Solari said:
Only mezz will neutralize the vamp, they can still cast interrupts.

Not when the kite awah. Good players arent gonne stand next to the vamp. And yes i've played a vamp in a fg.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Solari said:
Tried a little test with full dem, full resists, red resist buffs and AoM 4 or 5 I think, topped my rr8 elds spec nukes below the 100's.

Main advantage was the vamps magic resistance and continuous interrupts even after banelords, and if he went down we could easily get him back in action without much effort.

Yeh the resist buffs are ace, so is the pulsing mezz. And the rezz'ing is a good point in favour of the vamp aswell.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
My point is both classes depends on your playstyle AND the playstyle/setup of your group.

Both will work and vamps aren't as useless as some might think but each class has it's strenght and weaknesses.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I dunno, when the opponents found out you're the vamp, people start to concentrate on rooting you and pulling away. Ohh how i cursed on vent cause of the bloody roots and thats with charge3.
GS charges, all the interrupts in the dem/ve line couldnt make up for it. Your MA needs to have a fking assist to get a target down quick. A rooted vamp can't assist there.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Alan said:

That's not an argument though. My BM temp caps both. I'm using a complete ML10 set (torso, legs, weapon in mainhand, cloak, belt) which works quite fine. CW in the offhand and EDS as only arti I think, except Battler on my back ofc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom