Why so few..

J

jatski2

Why do people constantly find the need to come here and gloat post, stealther whine post, FG whine?.

Why is it so many people try to judge others in a game where there is no rules about FG vs FG or Stealther vs Stealther or 1FG vs 1 Stealther?.

To answer your 1st q; Many ppl whine when they lose, now, some ppl might just whine and curse quietly for themselves. Others wanto express their whine differently (read bw and irc).

Second q; Noone is judging anybody, 1fg is just a setup which many ppl find challanging and fun (maybe not that challanging for mids ;/ ). Never played alb so i don't know what it's like rvr-wise.

So basically the answer i'm getting here is cause mids are overpowered atm, therefore many albs chose not to run 1fg. Yeah ok, i guess i can buy that.

S

swords

We have a larger proportion of Casual players too so most of them are busy crafting/xping and generally enjoying themselves without havign to worry about getting the next RL and getting that SC suit done asap...

:)
and yes Savages with 3 relics is silly but we can only try our best.

V

vindicat0r

Why do ppl keep trying to dictate that you 'have' to run in 1fg ..... ? This stemmed from eltist talk that only 1fg is what ur suposed to rvr with and mythic them selves are trying to make the game more orientated about zergs, large battles etc :D, now while the servers cant handle it ye I think 1fg V 1fg is the way to play'imo!' but ffs stop trying to dictate to others how to play just because you decide to play in 1fg all the time.

It seems from reading these boards, that most honest mids will admit that mid is vastly overpowered ...... yet they wouldnt live without all 3 str relics making them seem ever MORE overpowered than they already are .... they had to raid at morning time just to get them back, are they that important? tbh if albs/hibs had str relics the gap would not appear to be so huge, relics are silly on the effect they give :(. The fun isnt in owning the relics ...... its in Raiding for them and ofc in defending them, this meaning got lost it seems at 6am :/

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Pandemic
as swords said there are several alb guilds who run as 1 fg and have no problem killing hib/mid fg's when doing so. you dont see their members complaining of being gimped all the time do you ?
ignore glottis i guess he cant get into one of these alb grps and is annoyed about it.

There ain't a day Mindrat ain't complaining on IRC ;) and he's in FC. Ofcourse most RvR guilds kill some but I doubt it's when the enemy is prepared with all RA's up and are RvR groups themselves. So even skilled groups fail vs the maybe even more skilled (or just easier groups) setup. And then there's the enemy groups that hardly move 1 FG as well (always some backup/adds nearby, in all realms).

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
the classes arent gimped, its the players

Yes, which is why every single "elite" rvr guild from either Hibernia or Midgard could not hack playing an Alb fg in rvr.
Regards, Glottis

H

Hotandsandy

Originally posted by vindicat0r
Why do ppl keep trying to dictate that you 'have' to run in 1fg ..... ? This stemmed from eltist talk that only 1fg is what ur suposed to rvr with and mythic them selves are trying to make the game more orientated about zergs, large battles etc :D, now while the servers cant handle it ye I think 1fg V 1fg is the way to play'imo!' but ffs stop trying to dictate to others how to play just because you decide to play in 1fg all the time.

I think its because most people actually want a fair fight. If fg vfg meet, then you have a reasonable chance rather than getting steamrollered. Its not people dictating, rather setting the standard by which, if all people followed, we would enjoy rvr so much more.

L

lac_desariel

Originally posted by jatski2
.. rvr guilds in albion which run 1fg?

(I won't tolerate "we are so gimped" as an answer!)
i can tell an answer to this, and a mid pointed it out, as to if you belive or not i dont care,

hib and mid can fit more in to 8 people than alb can HOWEVER alb imo have some of the best 1 v 1 classes, so for albion to get the same qualitys a mid group or hib do we need more people, Example used was
a healer, can CC and heal, we need cleric and sorc
shammy does both buffs and end, we need a pally and clerics

if you see the point im making this is why its harder to go 1fg vs High RR mids and hibs, it can be done and i have done it.
what you decide to make from this is up to you, cos tbh im fed up with the whole zerg issue. people that know me or care to want to know me know my feelings for it rest can sod off

G

Gordonax

Re: Re: Why so few..

Originally posted by lac_desariel
i can tell an answer to this, and a mid pointed it out, as to if you belive or not i dont care,

hib and mid can fit more in to 8 people than alb can HOWEVER alb imo have some of the best 1 v 1 classes, so for albion to get the same qualitys a mid group or hib do we need more people, Example used was
a healer, can CC and heal, we need cleric and sorc
shammy does both buffs and end, we need a pally and clerics

if you see the point im making this is why its harder to go 1fg vs High RR mids and hibs, it can be done and i have done it.
what you decide to make from this is up to you, cos tbh im fed up with the whole zerg issue. people that know me or care to want to know me know my feelings for it rest can sod off

Lac gives the right answer technically, but I prefer my own reason:

It annoys the hell out of l33t kiddies who've come over from Counter-Strike when they get zerged. And their whines make me feel like a better person :lol:

D

duact

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why so few..

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I cry like a noob.
I dont have facts. You have some proof against me, feel sorry for me.
Regards, Glottis

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why so few..

Originally posted by duact

That is rich coming from an SB....
Regards, Glottis

L

lac_desariel

i would also like to point out having read thought this again .. i see the alram clock crap is dug up.. tbh its done and delbt with history etc, forget it, Like mid says no where in the box does it say you cant raid at xxx am imn the morn, but i still cant find where it says people cant raom as many as they choose? personaly i like 1fg fights but prefer 2fg fights zergs are only fun if both sides zerg, like the mass keep wars we have managed to share on this server

P

Pandemic

Yes, which is why every single "elite" rvr guild from either Hibernia or Midgard could not hack playing an Alb fg in rvr.
Regards, Glottis

nah they just got bored on how easy it was :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Pandemic
nah they just got bored on how easy it was :)

Sure.
We all know Mids hate a challenge, and will go to any length to make it easier.
First of all they log onto the game, and picked Midgard.
2nd they will cheat like hell (NP, Radarguard, Jackoff Herrer).
3rd they will zerg nonstop.
4th they will do alarm clock relics raids.
Regards, Glottis

C

chronictank

Well im in midgard cus they had berzerkers which i thought were cool at the time (vendo with 2 axes!!! wat could be cooler than that). Not because all the bs u come out with.

As for the easy way, i run solo alot of the time in odins/hw picking fights with stealthers (well teknically thye pick fights with me but hey wat can u do ;) ) stacked full of end pots :)

As for zergs i hate them, shiity rps and no fun for me. Btw did you zerg WITH the str relics?
Nuff said

P

Pandemic

Sure.
Regards, Glottis

1. chose mid as i could play a 9 ft troll didnt know anything about the game
2. i dont cheat
3. i dont zerg i solo without wearing armour
4. didnt go on it

guess ur full of crap

S

swords

I am offitially ashamed that there are people like Glottis voicing for my realm.

B

bult

Originally posted by swords
There are a few RvR guilds atm who run in FG's, you will mostly find them in Odins gate however.

The Brethren run their Blue ice group regularly.
Royal bavarians run their Tank group often also,
And you can find the Band of Brehons tank group out in odins every weeknight and occasionally weekends too so we do try :)

Oh and dont forget First Cohort and Black Falcons(haven't seen em too often recently though)

hey!!! :<

G

Gordonax

Sure.
Regards, Glottis

Sometimes I wonder if "Glottis" isn't a spoof character, made up solely for the purpose of winding people up.

I mean, can anyone seriously think *everyone* in a realm is a cheat?

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by swords
I am offitially ashamed that there are people like Glottis voicing for my realm.
Most people see that he's just crying for attention though, so don't worry too much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread