why should we pay?

B

biggsy68

been talking to a lot of clan members on different servers today and they were asking where the barrysworld servers had gone? i told them that they would have to subsribe now to be able to play and a lot of them have all said the same thing "why should we have to pay". a lot have said that they will disband their clans if they are forced to pay. what are everyones feelings on this?

W

whipped

The feelings should be that a free ride doesn't last forever. Plus, it's very cheap to subscribe. £12 for a year if you own a GAME reward card. Can't get much better than that now, can you?

S

ShavedApe

Well nobody forcing anyone to pay but I think the benefits of things like cheats caught will be banned from servers is all the incentive to buy a lot of people will need. Imagine that cheat free online gameing whatever next?
Clan servers are free of subs as our the leagues.

B

biggsy68

well i have been talking to lots of players tonight on various servers and they have all said the same thing. they are not paying for something that's pretty crap. they have all said the same things, that the barry servers lag really bad. i for one tend to agree with them, i've found the blueyonder servers a lot better and they are FREE

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Trouble is the future for on-line gaming is going the way of subscription. Why? cos it costs money to set up pay wages etc. and advertisement won't hack it anymore. We all have to live in the real world. I thought it would be £9.99 a month, very surprised with the inital sub. cost.

:rolleyes:

P

Pac^

personally I find the BW servers very good, rarely get any lag and when i do its more due to netcode than hardware. If the servers were so crap, why were they always full from afternoon onwards?
With all due respect to BY and their servers, they tend to get a minority of muppets playing on them. Their server admins are always busy and doing a good job by all accounts. As Ape has pointed out, those who choose to subscribe are gonna be less likely to waste their £2 a month by annoying other players and getting their memberships suspended.
BW are financially no worse off 2day than they were yesterday. After all they have been providing free servers for years now. Many GSP's have folded in the last couple of years because giving away free service does not make financial sense. Remember Wireplay, gamesinferno and several others?

G

genconfusion

I agree with Pac here, the servers are good. I must admit ive not played on the publics much these days - but my clan sever is pretty damn good and hassle free.

And i think you will find that the likes of BY are about to impose subs only ne way - so all thats gonna be left is the few open servers and the public clan servers (of which at least 50-75% of the slots will be private anyway)

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Well had a strange experience. None of the BW server had any-one on them. 8:40pm uk time. Since subs only now in public servers. It's like a desert.

:uhoh:

P

Pac^

give it time...once players start to miss it, they will return (fingers crossed)

M

=M<P=Xerxes

And get fed up with gamesdomain kicking them off once the map cycle is complete. LOL

:twak:

B

Buzz007

come on 24 quid A YEAR is very good, the servers have always been good.

You would have to be pretty tight not to spare 2 quid a month.

D

dredgee

LOL i agree xerxes. I agree the barrysworld servers are of a good standard, also there is a few muppets on the blueyonder servers, however the servers themselves are very good. I get good pings on both servers.

P

pvtstash

£2 a month isnt to bad but when u take into account the £25.99 per month for my connection £7.50 permonth for a clan server then it does get dear to play on the odd public server or to use the ftp

M

=M<P=Xerxes

OK in order to get things going how about, all the guys that have subscribed to BW start playing on the servers. I will be on BW objective 1 on Wednesday 11th at 20:00 UK time. Hope to see someone there. LOL. This will conflict with BWMOHL games. But hey ho. I'm trying.

:touch:

P

Pac^

better still...come into #bwmoh and perhaps we could start a pickup game system......once a few players are there..we all join the server...then perhaps the other idlers in the channel might be tempted to subscribe as well. This could be an excellent way of rebuilding any BW moh community from scratch again: every1 knows every1 else..no twats on the servers..no suffering at the hands of limited map rotations.

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Yeah m8, just got to get the ball rolling

:clap:

S

spiny

Well, I've subscribed because:

-- As an ISDN user, server choice is critical in me getting low pings & hence a good game.
-- BW servers are run well both technically & from an admin view.
-- BW listen to their gamers (map rotations, demand for new servers etc)
-- Less likeley to get cheaters on the servers.
-- It's cheap at £1 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread