why play supp bonedancer?

Xplo

Banned
Just wondering how people find it fun to play a bd where your only special ability is pressing insta lifetap. You get owned by infils with desease, you die if more then 2 people on you, you dont get respect for winning a fight.
I tried a bonedancer on pvp, shure its fun to be almost invincible to gimps that don't do mutch damage, but the novelty dissapears after a while and it just gets really boring holding that insta lifetap.
Why not make a bonearmy spec BD, you're pets do nice damage and you get an aoe dot, defo alot more fun then just holding the insta button...

my 2 cents.

Amellisan

Fledgling Freddie
never played one myself but the nuking pets look like they could be fun- not sure what spec that is though. Also, a few archer pets launching volleys at mages could be quite nasty :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
If you think pressing LT is all there is to it you have no idea what you are talking about. As for being dead with 2 guys on me, fyi I soloed 4 albs one time and usually have no problems handling 2 ppl and stealthers are my favorite targets, because they are so damn easy to kill. Though stealthers in pairs can be a real pain. :p :) Best I have ever seen was one BD that soloed 5 albs.

I love BD because they are really fun to play with in BG, plus they kick ass at scroll farming. ;) :)

Oh btw speccing Darkness on BD provides those caster pets and Bone Army provides archers and warriors. I hardly see any Darkness specced BDs. Bone Army I see some but if you are gonna go for BA as major you might wanna consider speccing some suppression to get a healer pet. Thats what makes many BDs choose suppression because the LT and healerpet make them very inependent.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Must be those wannabe infeels who dont even know what poison is :(

Never had actually good fight against bd,they either move with zerg or get oneshotted from PA. Give sc:ed bd to fight against!

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
I think the problem with the Dark/BA speclines is that the pets are just too bugged. I tried to make a BD once and specced him for the casters. Their pathing was, to say the least, completly inefficient :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
Must be those wannabe infeels who dont even know what poison is :(

Never had actually good fight against bd,they either move with zerg or get oneshotted from PA. Give sc:ed bd to fight against!

Wait until you meet me ;) :D

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
Lvling a BD for NF , And in BG1 to get mlc all i can say i laughed at stealthers , i could begin sitting down and they start with PA and disease and still only need to use like 1-2 LT's =oP

So they are really easy in BG , but don't know about at lvl 50 , but i can only imagine it will be more fun =o)

And most i killed was when i was in middle of alb/hib stealth zerg alone =oP

Was like 5 of em each and most of em where on me xD , but away alive while some of em ran away coz i was oop at the end =oP

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
my bd took on a fg of hibs it was a semi caster grp.. the most infils i ever took on was 3 the most ns 5 .. a well played bd even unbuffed can be very good at bg level.. i never pld buffed on my bd.. my next bd will be buffed .. i havent pld bg for so long so i dunno what its like now ;o

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
most classes can solo big numbers in the BG granted that you play smart
it may take alot of kiting tho.

I remeber with my skald back in the BG, was realy realy realy fun :)
both in thid and in cale. Most of the time it would only be me
soloing the alb zerg, ofcourse I never took them on head on
but I ran around them trying to split them up and when someone
did somethign stupid Id kill them :)
I did get caught by the minstrels a few times tho, but most of the time
they were soloing allso and they were too stupid to save their stun shout
for when I tried to run. (if the zerg caught up :eek: ) so I got away most
of the time even then.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
2 hib nukers > bd...

In caledonia I've killed a bd 4 times in a row with me (35th enchanter) and a 32 eldtritch...We always got the jump on the bd, not hard if you got speed..Just surprise him, heat debuff->stun->3x assist nuke = dead even with the both pets trying to heal the bd unfortunately..

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
2 hib nukers > bd...

In caledonia I've killed a bd 4 times in a row with me (35th enchanter) and a 32 eldtritch...We always got the jump on the bd, not hard if you got speed..Just surprise him, heat debuff->stun->3x assist nuke = dead even with the both pets trying to heal the bd unfortunately..

he didn't play very well then :eek:

put pets on eld, and lt the **** out of the chanter, easy

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
imagine they come from behind, bolt range 2 bolts, qc stun and nuke..>

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Bonedancers are overpowered in BG1.

Anyone who argues about it is stupid.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Diar said:
he didn't play very well then :eek:

put pets on eld, and lt the **** out of the chanter, easy

We always got the jump on him and with capped dex I cast fast ;). We could finish him off before the pets got on us, and you can also do 2x quickcast pbaoe (both were mana spec) and it will do shitload of damage = dead bd 100% for sure. I've killed a lvl 35 reaver in caledonia with 1 qc pbaoe while he was on 90% hp, it hit him for 449+206 crit :)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
i have noticed an increasing number of BD's in Thid. And BD's are stupidly OP in BG1. but tbh most of you are clearly noobs and have no idea how to play the class without just spamming insta life tap. and i haven't lost a 1on1 with my merc and usually just kite them around and wipe them off like a busted nut on tishue in the middle of nowhere with my pally.
as you can see i have a 50 BD and can apreciate a well played one.. but so far i have seen none.
A BD is still a strong char in "real" RvR but nowhere near as ridiculous as in BG.
i have always been the first guy to say, that when you play a BD, ALL bragging rights have been removed unless you do something extraordinary.
and due to the nature of CC and special class skills at BG1 level, insta spamming 4 noob albs somewhere is not amazing in BG. tbh the class should loose all use of heal pets in RvR before level 30 where most classes really kick in.
BD's in BG are at best a pest.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I've killed a lvl 35 reaver in caledonia with 1 qc pbaoe while he was on 90% hp, it hit him for 449+206 crit :)

o_O A level 35 Reaver with 720 hp? In comparison I had 904 hp on my zerk in Thidranki with aug con1 and toughness1 ;)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Supp on BDs must be quite boring in bg1, yes. Had an idea about try rolling a dark or BA specced one, but i doubt i can do well in bg1 due to the massive amount of stealthers lurking there.

Well...at least i can give it a try. I'll try dark first thou :-P

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
i have noticed an increasing number of BD's in Thid. And BD's are stupidly OP in BG1. but tbh most of you are clearly noobs and have no idea how to play the class without just spamming insta life tap. and i haven't lost a 1on1 with my merc and usually just kite them around and wipe them off like a busted nut on tishue in the middle of nowhere with my pally.
as you can see i have a 50 BD and can apreciate a well played one.. but so far i have seen none.

BG is a trainig ground where you learn how to fight against your enemy if i'm not totally mistaken?

I agree that there are loads of BD's in Thid and it's quite possible that many of them just spam insta-LT. With some luck they might learn something when they are in there?

Yes, I kinda rolled one few days back to see what's it like to play one. Don't have SC or buffs but it's been fun sofar... Interrupt machine i'd say so i try to aim for casters and clerics.

Don't know if I'll play it past 24 and I don't know if I'm playing it well by some standards but I'm one thats learning in there. If nothing else then how to beat one :D

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Just wondering how people find it fun to play a bd where your only special ability is pressing insta lifetap. You get owned by infils with desease, you die if more then 2 people on you, you dont get respect for winning a fight.
I tried a bonedancer on pvp, shure its fun to be almost invincible to gimps that don't do mutch damage, but the novelty dissapears after a while and it just gets really boring holding that insta lifetap.
Why not make a bonearmy spec BD, you're pets do nice damage and you get an aoe dot, defo alot more fun then just holding the insta button...

my 2 cents.

I will start caring when scouts stop adding on zergs to fuck up fg+ vs fg+ combat. Yeah, I will never care you might suspect :p

QQ etc

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
I will start caring when hunters/shadowblades stop adding on zergs to fuck up fg+ vs fg+ combat. Yeah, I will never care you might suspect :p

QQ etc

Amen

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
to answer this question u must ask y any strong class is played.. answer people want to win all there fights.. people will play a strong class to win

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
o_O A level 35 Reaver with 720 hp? In comparison I had 904 hp on my zerk in Thidranki with aug con1 and toughness1 ;)

Not everyone has a lvl 30-35 buffbot to play buffed in caledonia you know :wij:

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Not everyone has a lvl 30-35 buffbot to play buffed in caledonia you know :wij:

Unbuffed at level 24 Embra has 677 hp-no toa cap increases either.
Yes there are differences in hits pr level but still.. :touch:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
u cant get toa cap increases at thid ... can u?

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Desease have no effect on LT, which keep BDs in BG alive. It do however effect the pet heals, but they do minimum to none help in low BG's. But sure is good when u fighting a lvl 50 bd.

Grimmen said:
If you think pressing LT is all there is to it you have no idea what you are talking about. As for being dead with 2 guys on me, fyi I soloed 4 albs one time and usually have no problems handling 2 ppl and stealthers are my favorite targets, because they are so damn easy to kill. Though stealthers in pairs can be a real pain... :p :) Best I have ever seen was one BD that soloed 5 albs...
It's stupid replays like this that upset people and start all whine threads.
"I've done this! I've seen this! I know this..." etc etc
Two skilled assassins can easerly kill a BD. If you say no - then it look to me that you are clueless yourself. Of course you could win, but then the two attackers are clueless...

I've played my BD for a while now, and I master it very good. Pre-TOA i've even soloed a few fgs. But i don't brag about it. Why? Well why should i? There is only two reasons why I could kill that many people;

1) They were all complete noobs.
2) I know my class.

If you've putted another BD in my place, say it was his first run in RvR, he would never have won cos of lack of experiance.
If the group i fought wasn't noobs, there is now way i could have fought and won vs a fg.

Heck, even my GF have tried my BD for 30 mins in emain. She couldn't kill anything. She even lost to a paladin... Why? Well because she's a complete noob (sorry babe :))...

And regarding the topic - BD's in BG is overpowered cos of one thing. The range of their LT. To level them with other chars in BG, the range on a low lvl LT should be lowered. A lvl 24 BD should have a LT that reaches 700. The lvl 47 LT should be the range it is now 1500. Because playing at lvl 50 is a whoole other story ...

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
u cant get toa cap increases at thid ... can u?

All ToA bonuses work in thid as far as I know. Just calculate them to your level ie +200 to hitscap at 50 so you can get +96 to hits cap at 24.

AF works too just fine and so should everything else (had some glowy weapon with +af and it worked).

Naturally most bonuses ain't too good at lvl24, but af and +hitscap help alot if you really want to take it to the limits. I prefer ToA items for he looks ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:

...maybe he had no sc'ed stuff with +hits and +con capped?? And when I say 90% it can be also 80, I dont have toa ui that shows exact percent health, I just guess from the health bar I see. Just wanted to make clear that 2x quickcast pbaoe on top of a bd will 95% likely kill it, unless it fully resists one pbaoe of course.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Bds may be seen as overpowered....
but so are sorc, bolt range mez+qcast vs healer mez?
and a bd is realitivly easy to beat with most classes if you play properly and know what you are doing (if a bd has forgoten his shields he can be dropped with 1 pa just like any other caster). i personally dont see how a paladin geting the drop on a bd can lose, slam the bd then the pets twisting your chants. Only classes that would have problems with a bd are true tanks (bms and such) and melee stealthers, who on a good day can drop a bd in one hit anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom