Why oh why...?

• Thread starter old.MichaelStockman
  • Start date
O

old.MichaelStockman

Why in the name of GOD allmighty doesnt Invectus3 , Darkness , and Valve maps are REMOVED from Barrysworld Team Fortress Classic 2 server map rotation!!!?? THEY SUCK!!! REPLYS PLEASE!!

------------------
Hurry Hurry Im eating my rice and curry!!!

O

old.[GA]Kaidos

I almost completely disagree. The valve maps are the best - everyone knows them, and even after all these months most people love em. 2fort, well and rock2 are superb - no server would be right without them. HOWEVER - hunted and cz2 suck - everyone complains about them, and loads of people leave when they come up. Server admins check your stats about the 2 maps, im sure they will confirm what ive said. As for the custom maps, i think Invectus 3 is great, although its a little hard to score, on public servers it is rock hard, so on clan matches it would be impractical. as for darkness, i hate it, i agree it should be thrown out - it is just a bad well/2fort clone.

------------------
[GA] Kaidos says....

"eh?"

O

old.Fatbloke

Roll up roll up...
Post you map likes / hates in the NML thread, so they're all in the same place.

Cheers.

[A&I]Fatbloke

p.s. I too dislike Darkness.

O

old.[GA]Kaidos

Top Maps:

1. Well
2. 2fort
3. Rock2
4. Invectus 3
5. Betrayed
6. Total War

Cack Maps.

1. Hunted
2. Cz2
3. Darkness
4. Nml
5. Domination
6. Hunted
7. Cz2
8. Darkness

------------------
[GA] Kaidos says....

"eh?"

O

old.MichaelStockman

As for me:
Top MAPS:
1. Fortsake
2. NML
3. Rock2
4. CZ2
5. NML2
6. CON1
And so on...

I TOTALLY hate 2fort and those others... try Fortsake or CON1 or maps like em... They just rock! I still bet that valve maps suck *BECAUSE* Ive played em too much. I CANT understand why people like them so much. Suckies

------------------

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

...cz2? ..fortsake? ..CON1!? What kind of an unnatural strange freak are you!!!

O

old.pheonix2

Personally:

I like hunted
I like CZ2

I like all the valve maps except push - *but* use barrysworld2 for 'non valve' maps - so

Darkness is a nice map (though too large for the numbers regularly on BW2)
2mortfort is a lame clone of 2fort
nml i a spam fest, but can be a good game.

Betrayed? Yes please
The cz2 clone (much nicer, forget its name) please.

Total war looks good, but haven't plateyd it yet.

No others, I'd have to download the maps
wink.gif

-- Vitenka

O

old.C4

Hmm, looks like a classic "can't please everyone" situation to me

C4

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

Well I'm not too bothered which maps go ON, (but by the looks of it, the maps nml2 and betrayed will, WHEN barrysworld actually notice us) but here are my ratings for each map:

--Valve maps: V.Good and always a laff. Do we need all three though?

--nml: I personally like this map so long as I'm on a team who works together, otherwise offence doesnt stand a chance.

--darkness: Always ends up as a chat-fest with ridiculous scores on either team..but an average map which noones really hates.

--2morfort: This is just a laugh. All my entertainment comes from concussing into the sky and spending 10 mins trying to get out without typing 'kill'
redface.gif
) I dont mind if this stays.

--con1: glad its gone

--fortsake: Undoubtably the best all rounder. Reminds me of Quake2 tho, just a little less brown...

--Run! Arghh...depresses me no end. Pisses me off, can't be bothered to play this. It's only half good for sniping or staring at a wall.

what else have I missed out?
oh yea,
invectus3: Average. Pyros suck, gets boring, some fun can be had at times.

totalwar: never played this properly

SO, Basically the only map I think HAS to go is Run!. Next in line is invectus3.
Now I come to think of it, the map line-up on this server is too long (like this post) and maybe the valve maps should go too.

------------------
Peace
xDarkchild <Jon>
pchap@cwcom.net

O

old.MichaelStockman

To phoenix here: 2morfort IS OLD QUAKE MAP U SUCKA.

------------------

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Well I don't really mind what maps get added, but it would be good to see the custom maps, changed every now and again.

NML: Laggy map, when theres a ton of spam, but with the right players it is good.

Darkness: Great looking map, and thats about it. The rest is just a race to see which team can concussion jump the quickest to get points.

2MoreForts: lol, Like Darkchild said, I just spend most of the time stuck in the sky from a lose concussion jump - then spend the rest of the time trying to get out of it
smile.gif

Fortsaken: Brilliant map, hard to spam, and total bugger to defend/attack in - a great map.

Run!: Check your server logs, 'cos everyone dissapears when this map comes out. Its just DM with tons of mirvs and thats about it.

Invectus: Good map, nice idea, shame about the map bug...which everyone exploits and spoils the whole duration of the map.

Total War: Gorgeous map design, great idea.
Nuff said. Although needs more than 16 players for a decent laugh.

O

old.pheonix2

CZ2 is a grewat map.
So's hunted.

Am getting a bit bored of the valve maps, but there are *very* few user maps that are *any* good out there so far...

(still...)

c'mon guys - surely you've had long enough now?

i

O

old.[EQX]Kain

True, the valve maps are very good. After a while though, and I mean 'while', they do get a tad boring. You don't learn new tricks by playing the same maps
smile.gif

We need newer ones for a better experience, blah, blah, blah.
I enjoy cz2 quite a lot, and Hunted becomes er, a bit boring after a while.

O

old.C4

I think that you do learn new tactics from the valve maps, whatever tactic you use, theres a way around it, so you develop a new one.
Some user maps out there are great (No mans land), some are awful (RUN!), but I think the Valve maps are still good and still have all the attraction they started with. Except Hunted which is the biggest pile of shit ever.

C4

O

old.Pyromaniac [TiT]

yeah i have to agree

after playin' TFC last night i got real p*ssed off after 5min's of Hunted on BW #1 i jus' changed server to Demon to join [WASTED] an' wha da ya know? Hunted was tha next map - good thing that anty[WASTED] make a hard target - but f*ckin' B1gn05e joined an' aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh - never mind

laterz

------------------
Pyromaniac [TiT]

Official Member of The Independent Team
------------------

O

old.MichaelStockman

Pyromaniac could start speaking English
biggrin.gif

------------------

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

um, pyro does speak english, only he speaks rastaferian (sp?) mix =-)
he's always like that on the newsgroup, ge' used to i' =-)

--
-=StrafeBunn'=-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom