Why not put up a copy of Prydwen as it was pre-crash?

Etzel

Fledgling Freddie
At this moment i'm still a WoW player but I always suspected I would come back to Pryd if only to try Cata for a bit. I'm now tempted to resub for a month just to check my account but frankly dont see why I should pay for the privilege of GOA's fuckup.

But anyhow,onto the point.

GOA must have a copy of prydwen pre-crash, why not put up a temporary server and let people login to check their corrupted (yet probably still 99% correct) inventories and make a full accurate list of what they had?

(I actually suspect from Requiels post they dont want people to have a full list because the workload to replace it all will be horrendous)

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Considering the amount of people that have lost items I would have prefered a longer roll-back. Now we got a small roll-back and a huge chaos.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Etzel said:
GOA must have a copy of prydwen pre-crash, why not put up a temporary server and let people login to check their corrupted (yet probably still 99% correct) inventories and make a full accurate list of what they had?

- Its likely that the backup was non existant/failed or is corrupted aswell
- Setting up another copy of prywden would be equivalent to setting up a new server. very costly.
- Believe it or not the technical experts looking after the server have most likely evaluated the different options and decided on the most affordable or best option.

Adirel

Fledgling Freddie
As Goa cant restore rog and crafted items I sugest that:

All chars that is reported as have lost things get a flag (marker)
In main cities they set up some NPC's that is able to give some decent armor, weapons and jewels to the flagged chars so you can start playing again.

The stuff could be marked as untradeable.

Just giving some money is a little value as there will be a shortage on CM's for good things under a period.

Another maybe easier way is to handle out some Aruarlite so you can buy equipment in Catacombs,

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Adirel said:
As Goa cant restore rog and crafted items I sugest that:

All chars that is reported as have lost things get a flag (marker)
In main cities they set up some NPC's that is able to give some decent armor, weapons and jewels to the flagged chars so you can start playing again.

The stuff could be marked as untradeable.

Just giving some money is a little value as there will be a shortage on CM's for good things under a period.

Another maybe easier way is to handle out some Aruarlite so you can buy equipment in Catacombs,

Im sorry but that sounds horrible. I dont want Aurulite gear, I dont want 'semi decent gear' I want my MP-leather back! And I buy MP-leather with money, so the fact GOA gives money is a good thing.

Also it should be darn easy to buy 'some stuff' in housing for the plats you get refunded. Most likely better stuff then that aurulite-crap aswell.

Adirel

Fledgling Freddie
Also it should be darn easy to buy 'some stuff' in housing for the plats you get refunded. Most likely better stuff then that aurulite-crap aswell.

Could be when all is sorted out. But in the meantime, at least I would like some equipment instead of the the rog and crafted I have used on my under lvl 50 chars.

Many seem to have got around 75p, add 10000 auralite to that and you can start playing at once, while you wait for better items.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if I had a crafter on prydwen I'd be starting a craftathon :) get yer lgms into camelot/tnn/jordheim and get a-craftin.

Some people might be happy with the 94% or whatever rejects while yer making 99% qual for others so that they can go farm.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
-
- Believe it or not the technical experts looking after the server have most likely evaluated the different options and decided on the most affordable or best option.

I agree most affordable for GoA, maybe not best for the players :m00:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ballard said:
- Setting up another copy of prywden would be equivalent to setting up a new server. very costly.

I doubt very much that they cant find something pretty reasonable from thier backups.

I logged onto my char the day of the shutdown and played my character that is now naked and itemless.

Perhaps they could fire it up in some read only mode so people can at least check what they had and report exactly what they need to GOA.

Obviously I'm just guessing what they might or might not be able to do.

I'm just concerned that I'm gonna miss out of something that Ive forgotten and I'll remember it 6 months from now.

The last post I saw from Requiel mentioned something about us knowing our chars better than anybody else, that may be true but I'm not in the habit of remembering characters details for 20 odd characters * 18 items + the contents of personal vaults, the number of items I would have to remember is staggering.

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
oh get over it i've lost ALL items on every single player even my arti-ed pally how u think i fell :eek2:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
lol if everyone had aurulite armour, id just go around for the next week or whatever farming all these idiots in lvl 48 armour with shit stats on

Cathul

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
lol if everyone had aurulite armour, id just go around for the next week or whatever farming all these idiots in lvl 48 armour with shit stats on

At least you could farm cash while wearing aurulite gear to be able to buy better equipment.
Try to farm with a stripped character and compare that to a character wearing at least a full set of aurulite gear.

Aurulite gear >>>>>> running around naked

/Cathul

yurithegreat

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
if I had a crafter on prydwen I'd be starting a craftathon :) get yer lgms into camelot/tnn/jordheim and get a-craftin.

Some people might be happy with the 94% or whatever rejects while yer making 99% qual for others so that they can go farm.

Then again my CM`s are stacked with 99-100% qual plate/chain/cloth/leather
And so far i`ve sold nothing at all
2 Houses for anyone interested in buying some decent lvl 51 armor are 171 and 176 Kilnsey
Got tons of scrolls aswell which will be moved this afternoon onto house 176
With armor procs and trophy bits on their way within the next few days

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Cathul said:
At least you could farm cash while wearing aurulite gear to be able to buy better equipment.
Try to farm with a stripped character and compare that to a character wearing at least a full set of aurulite gear.

Aurulite gear >>>>>> running around naked

/Cathul

yeah thats a good point, didnt think of that

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
yurithegreat said:
Then again my CM`s are stacked with 99-100% qual plate/chain/cloth/leather
And so far i`ve sold nothing at all
2 Houses for anyone interested in buying some decent lvl 51 armor are 171 and 176 Kilnsey
Got tons of scrolls aswell which will be moved this afternoon onto house 176
With armor procs and trophy bits on their way within the next few days

did u type /listmerchant twice?

if not that probably explains why its not sold

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Etzel said:
But anyhow,onto the point.

(I actually suspect from Requiels post they dont want people to have a full list because the workload to replace it all will be horrendous)

I consider myself very lucky. Of my 3 account (not checked the 3rd as its the fiance's and she dont play much) only my second account is affected.

Buffer and reaver are stripped.

As for the comments from Requiels post about us knowing our own players. To an extent I agree BUT we do not take backups of our inventories as thats done by GOA.

Most of us have been playing for years and lvling other classes and as soon as you do that it doesnt take long to forget whats on this player or that player.

Is it a case of if you cant remember FUCK you here take 75 plat and shut the hell up we are too busy to wade through logs fixing everything.

This is unaceptable and crap customer service.

Most of the stuff I and I expect others have on their players cost far more than that and even with that amount of plat would be unable to purchase replacements for our players to come even close to what they were before the crash.

Surely there is another way for players unable to remeber everything they had on their players and in vaults to be able to help with the massive task of getting what was lost.

Im sorry but 75p just dont cut it.

In his post he has said they have logs of our players, I would rather wait longer for it sorting out and replacing all my gear than be told,

"there there have some plat" "because to be honest we dont have the manpower to help"

So why cant they stick a copy of the server on another machine and we will make their job a little easier by getting an exact copy of what our players have on them. The comment of it would be too expensive to stick another server with an old backup of the server just dont cut it.

Adirel

Fledgling Freddie

You mean you dont have a chance on a lvl 48 char with normal equipment on, or what?

Etzel

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Part of the problem people like GOA have is the very nature of online gaming attracts people who know how these systems work in big business, this isn't B&Q their data is the ONLY thing of value to them, they WILL have multiple backups going back weeks/months.

Setting up a copy of Prydwen would involve booting the test server and loading a tape onto it.

The 'technical experts' are looking at the cheapest option, if all items need to be manually recreated it means huge amounts of work for the support teams, it's much easier to say "here's a few key items and 75p, off you go".

What would scare me the most is spellcrafted masterpiece items, back when I left getting a MP item was hard and getting a spellcrafter was murder. The guys who are willing to still keep crafting are going to be flooded with work meaning the time to get yourself back to 'normal' could be horrendous.

I'd love to see their attitude to one of the big French/German servers, I bet it would be totally different to the 'poor relation' that Prydwen is.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Jamie Li said:
oh get over it i've lost ALL items on every single player even my arti-ed pally how u think i fell :eek2:
lol, you think you're the only one stripped? get over yourself and open your eyes.

if they cant replace rogs i might as well give up :<

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Jamie Li said:

lol

So what? 1 person 100 chars, 10 people 1 char each, The loss is different for each person but no less or greater as far as the problem is concerned.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Main toon I was playing was easy knew everything he had - strangely he was what I had been playing exclusively up until crash, and is the least affected by it all. 2 other toons I had not played in ages were stripped - so I have rightnowed what I remember but lots of stuff from vaults that I have no clue about have done my best and RIGHTNOW'd it. What's worrying is they say fraudulent claims will be ignored - I have not claimed much but some of the stuff I was unsure which toon it was on - so I hope they can atleast check their logs b4 just washing their hands of me because I was unsure which item was on which toon. I had transeferred some stuff between the 2 - but asvaults are now empty - no idea. 2 Arti's gone - 1 I remember as was got by the toon in question and I was on way to collecting all the scrolls - but the other arti - no idea - won it in a lotto - and all I can remember was it was not an arti for any of the classes I currently have so was a saver for later only - if they give me an activated version of it back gonna be totally useless :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if you say "I think this was on that toon" you'll probably be ok even if you're not completely accurate.

It's just people taking the piss and trying to get freebie artifacts or uber drops that they'll be slapping ;)

e.g. if I were to send a RightNow claiming my warden (all of level 22! rah!) had lost his three backpacks full of erinys charms and his vault containing every single artifact in the game + book they might not look too kindly on it :)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Flim do you know if they restore lost levels?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
If you gained levels (BEFORE THE ROLLBACK POINT - which was a couple of hours before the server went down) and have lost them then they will restore them yes.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Etzel said:
The 'technical experts' are looking at the cheapest option, if all items need to be manually recreated it means huge amounts of work for the support teams, it's much easier to say "here's a few key items and 75p, off you go".

actually, the more i think about it it's a pretty fair deal for everyone (i've been unsatisfied with this earlier), as long as we get lost levels and the 120% camp bonus etc etc.
all losses are equally great, alot of ppl lost RoG items belonging to good templates and are between a rock and a hard place now, cash can rectify some of it.

BUT my char has been naked for 2 days now and ill be pretty fucking pissed if i dont get any gear back to get an advantage from the 120% camp bonus.

it should be at 120% camp bonus until the last naked char had gotten his tuff back + one week... or removed now and reactivated for a week after last guy had gotten stuff.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
If you had a rog in a template, they could recreate your item from scratch X/

if you can provide the stats etc ;€~ usually uber rogs are screenshotted aswell. The problem is between Could and Will.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Remember pre catas when GoA opened the test server up complete with chests full of RoG ToA junk...

You'd have thought that would have been achievable again as long as you set a no trade, no sell, no CM flag on the items given out so no-one could profit from them.

I imagine that a lot of folks would have been happier this way as they had a chance of stumbling across something with similar stats that could have been worked into their templates...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well how long exactly would you want this roll back? i hadnt played my necro in ages and it still lost all its stuff. I think someone at GOA deleted half the database/it got corrupted etc. I really dont know why they dont make daily back ups of this information. Maybe now they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom