Why no Darkfall sub forum?

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
there are sub forums for alot of games here. but why no Darkfall i know its been under the radar but it its going back to the old Meridian 59 days and looks to blow all other MMO's out of the water as long as you like PVP. this game will be for HARDCORE players and deserves some room... maybe know one knows about it and no one will post but heres a chance to enlighten some people :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Not enough related posts to make a subforum, I made one a while ago that I update when something new pops up, which is *rare*.

And yes I know there aren't many posts in the other mmo subforums except WAR and DAoC :p

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I hate to say it, but for the last, what, 7 years now? This has been generally considered vapourware.

I think if it ever retails it might get a sub forum, but you have to realise games like LOTRO don't have them because not enough FH peeps play it (or not enough seem to want to talk about it much if they do).

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah we need a subforum so we can all sit around discussing how a game is or is not vapourware.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
yeah it seemed like vapourware, but they seem to be close to release now. They are in guild beta just like WOW.. the website still sucks, but last thing the devs said was that they were polishing it.. sounds close

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
yeah it seemed like vapourware, but they seem to be close to release now. They are in guild beta just like WOW.. the website still sucks, but last thing the devs said was that they were polishing it.. sounds close

There's actually two errs in this quote.
Darkfall does not have a guild beta. Only internal beta for employees. They have opted for a dev cycle which does not involve rigourous beta testing by external testing at the end of development. They took applications for guild beta a while ago, but noone got invites and they prolly scrapped the thing.

I reckon you mean WAR, not WOW ;)

Last word was that they were doing the last stretch yep, with customer support, servers etc. So we'll see...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
actually there is a guild beta registration, or clan beta as they call it.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
yeah pretty sure i saw on their site it ssaid they were currently in cloan beta... will have to go look again and yes i did mean WAR

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
actually there is a guild beta registration, or clan beta as they call it.

Registration yes. That was in 2005 or so. As of yet, no action has been taken with those applications. Still in internal beta.

I never said that public beta would be two weeks. I said several weeks. Public beta will be as long as it needs to be. We hope and we’re working hard so that it won’t need to be very long. The clan beta will likely be a stage of public beta.
Source

The only people that have seen Darkfall in action, on a computer is the devs, friends and family of them and a few select other individuals.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Interesting, a game that tries to go against the recent carebearism and mothering of players. On my watchlist.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Quite funny how the retaliation system and the skill based approach blends in with my article (Cry More Blog Archive Beyond `PvP Done Right´).

The more I read about Darkfall the more interesting it becomes.

Are you serious? You just found about Darkfall now? :)

I'd suggest reading up on more of the recent dev updates from Darkfall. They have scrapped some of the initial ideas from 2004-2005, like city reputation and such. (Racial city guards attack hostile race members). Their forums are a good resource. You can go here for pictures and the Darkfall Online initial thread which I made a while ago to update with vid links and such.

There's a new vid coming some time within the next month or so.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Are you serious? You just found about Darkfall now? :)

I knew about its development, but I only start to show interest for such games short before or in public beta. What happens before is as good as unwritten to me.

It looks interesting, the character movement and combat animations look a bit Greek to me though :p.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
theya re keeping all the parts that will make this game the best MMO ever..
problem is so many invative(not actualy seems based on Maridian 59, if your old enough to have played that) aspects means it must be a pain in the ass to actualy implement.. thats why its considered vapourware..

No carebearism at all, ( you die you loose everything ) that will keep the adrenelin going..

it has to come out, even if i have to program it all myself

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if it release i'm gonna try it for sure. but that friendly fire is just screaming bad idea.

just look at planetside. they got friendly fire and there you have entire quilds rolling toons on the enemy side just to help their real home team win by team killing.

its a bad idea, always has been and always will be.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
if it release i'm gonna try it for sure. but that friendly fire is just screaming bad idea.

just look at planetside. they got friendly fire and there you have entire quilds rolling toons on the enemy side just to help their real home team win by team killing.

its a bad idea, always has been and always will be.

Bad idea is the PBAoE/AoE/GTAoE bullshit in games like DAoC and co.

Not sure what you're babbling about, Darkfall has no realms and if your own guild mates FF on you, then kick them and be done.

FF works good in FPS with sanctions and it also works well in EVE, so your broad statement about it being a bad idea is a bad idea :p.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not sure what you're babbling about, Darkfall has no realms and if your own guild mates FF on you, then kick them and be done.

i'm just going by what i read about it. and they specifically said friendly fire was enabled.

but no, you're right, there's no friendly fire. its FFA pvp which is something completely different..

and GTAOE only served as a mean to keep ppl in combat and/or find out where ppl were hiding. it never had anywhere near good enough damage to be used to DPS with :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
There once was a game called Dragon Empires which promised FFAPVP, clan wars, player-owned cities, keeps, sieges, territories, mercenaries, player dominated economies, clan-determined laws and all the junk you see in Darkfall....it had a huge following and was cancelled.

Both these games are/were an industry Holy Grail. FFAPVP in a modern fantasy mmo setting which truly works is something many players have been awaiting for years now.

The problem DF has is that it has been in development for such a rediculously long time, it will really have to be spectacular at release or it risks obscurity and failure.

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
ok FF is enabled as you can have guilds and cities, BUT this is to bring about stratigic and phased combat some one inn you line of mages starts firing off when they are not supposed to. then its pretty easy to pick them off as a rogue solider.. real armies have FF enabled and this games about realism (RL FF normaly works but there are still times)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom