Why most Armsmen use go trust with there Pole-arms?

• Thread starter Nice Guy Eddie!
  • Start date
N

Nice Guy Eddie!

Well, it does have advantage, of alot of Midgard classes have chain,

But, i was playing around the other day with my Warrior of the
US co-op server,

And i dueled a Armsman using a Pole-Axe (think thats what there called)

Was a big huge double bladed axe on a stick.

With chain being resistence to Slash,
It ment nothing, His hits were insanely hard, i mean insane!

I try anuther and get a log,
Be nice to see a Pole-axe Armsman vs a Hero,

D

Duryn

I feel kinda let down by the 'bonus' im suppost to be getting with thrust, highest i've seen is something like +11 (hit for 300+) vs chain.
Hitting shadowblades is the worst I find, I get ugly resists against them kinda like 350 (-136) etc :p.
Not to complain tho, generally I'm happy with my new spec.

O

old.LandShark

Think slash is probably the best choice, bonus vs scale, middy studded/leather and some ownage 1h styles. Not to mention possibility of legion drop ;)

K

Kagato.

Im 50 pole 50 thrust and quite happy with my damage thankyou :D

The point with thrust isn't so much its bonuses vs midgard but the fact that theres very little which is actually resistant to it, with the new armour tables theres not so much in it now but in general thrust does work out better in general.

Tell you the truth though I see more polearmers going around with slash poles then I do thrust.

Personally I use Arcanium Partizans (Kiarra's ™) and quite happy with the damage output.

If you want to do some homework check this link:

http://home.satx.rr.com/silverknight/damage-armor-table.htm

As you will see its neutral to all hib classes and theres only 3 mid classes that are resistant, the rest are all vulnerable. Unlike slash which has 9 resistant classes.

So from an Albions point of view Thrust has a slight advantage, but you can argue it either way.

J

Jiggs

lucky you being able to choose your damage type :eek:

K

Khalen

Slash :) have killed a yellow con skald with it once in 2 hits :) and one shotted a yellow caster :) So i'm happy

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Jiggs
lucky you being able to choose your damage type :eek:

lucky us having more dex than they have str, evade5, chain armor and 24% heat resist. And a non-dps-reducing haste on an imho stupidly short re-use timer, oh did i mention indefinite styling and the ability to heal?
I can cope with crush damage in exchange for that.

though.... gifv anarchy-online style bladestaves!!
For that "You're about to die" look

S

stupidshady

well, still slash, dont care what everyone says I love it and casters hate me ;) slam + pole = no qk for you bitches, run neither, so time to die MUAHAHAHHAAH ;)

X

xplo

Well i'm making a thruster shady (lvl 3 fighter allready :D)

F

fl-gorre

im workin on a trust poler atm
why?
for a more specific/contolled target selecting
slash might be a good all rounder
but thrust gives u a more specific task in RvR

ow yeah and i want to see a lifedrain proc on teh thrust pole legion drop asap lol

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by old.LandShark

lucky us having more dex than they have str, evade5, chain armor and 24% heat resist. And a non-dps-reducing haste on an imho stupidly short re-use timer, oh did i mention indefinite styling and the ability to heal?
I can cope with crush damage in exchange for that.

though.... gifv anarchy-online style bladestaves!!
For that "You're about to die" look

you have much to learn!!!

M

Madonion Slicer

Personally i am Slash Polearm but this is also being to the fact i am a "hybrid" with 44Pole/39Slash/42Shield and Rest Parry, at 50 this is giving me the best of the 1h Slash styles as well as the polestyles

T

Treniel-

i'm slash never been thrust and proud of it :eek: imo its the best choice for rvr...these days u hardly ever get mids in rvr and seeing as most hibs are resistant to thrust over slash espcially mages........well they die faster :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom