Why Mids have it easy in Thid

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ok, the following seems to true :

Hibs set up seige on HB and pound ck to make a few holes.
Albs set up seige on AB and pound ck to make a few holes.
Mids set up seige on MB and pound ck to make a few holes.

this is generally the logical run of things - yes ?

Now forgive me if I am wrong here...

when albs & hibs make the said holes, the only way they can get inside the central keep is by using a ram on the door - the door is oos from ab & hb. Mids however, dont have to do jack shit, they just align the same seige that made the initial holes, and blast open the inner door - as its in direct line of sight of MB.

sooo many times albs have taken ck - only the have mids take it back 30 mins later, due only to this tactic. They camp the 2nd set of bridge battlements, and dont have to use a ram. much havoc can be wraught when an enemy uses a ram on the door, and mids avoid this every time.

ok you may say albs & hibs just camp MB, but for some reason this dont happen, its tactical advantage mids have, I want the ck doors MOVING.

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
Knowing this why not set up siege weaps as alb / hib on mb? +
Whats the point again in owning thid keep o_O

iow: who cares

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Zede said:
ok you may say albs & hibs just camp MB, but for some reason this dont happen, its tactical advantage mids have, I want the ck doors MOVING.

Maybe, the central keep could magically rotate at say, 5 rpm. Might be tricky to code, but common Mythic - you can't put a price on game balance in thid!

Mael, 50th ment.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Zede said:
Ok, the following seems to true :

Hibs set up seige on HB and pound ck to make a few holes.
Albs set up seige on AB and pound ck to make a few holes.
Mids set up seige on MB and pound ck to make a few holes.

this is generally the logical run of things - yes ?

Now forgive me if I am wrong here...

when albs & hibs make the said holes, the only way they can get inside the central keep is by using a ram on the door - the door is oos from ab & hb. Mids however, dont have to do jack shit, they just align the same seige that made the initial holes, and blast open the inner door - as its in direct line of sight of MB.

sooo many times albs have taken ck - only the have mids take it back 30 mins later, due only to this tactic. They camp the 2nd set of bridge battlements, and dont have to use a ram. much havoc can be wraught when an enemy uses a ram on the door, and mids avoid this every time.
so using inteligence is now not allowed?
why charge up and let people farm u from the walls when u can force them to come down and get you. Mids arent the only ones to use the tactics hibs and albs do it too but you convineintly seem to forget that.
aswell as the fact you dont know what you are talking about, albs and hibs can hit the doors just like mids can.
<you set up trebuchet on ab>
/groundassist RandomStealtherWithDoorTargeted
<you aim trebuchet>
<you arm trebuchet>
<you fire trebuchet>
<you hit doors>

shock horror i can hit the doors too

Also mids arent the only people who have seige weapons all it takes is a few balistas and no more siege, there is a one seige piece allowed to attack the door at any time, there is no limit on the number of seige allowed to take out enemy seige.

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
aswell as the fact you dont know what you are talking about, albs and hibs can hit the doors just like mids can.
<you aim trebuchet>
<you arm trebuchet>
<you fire trebuchet>
<you hit doors>

shock horror i can hit the doors

I never tried doing that in thid, but any other times i've tried in RvR, you need los on the target aswell.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
why charge up and let people farm u from the walls when u can force them to come down and get you. Mids arent the only ones to use the tactics hibs and albs do it too but you convineintly seem to forget that.
<you aim trebuchet>
<you arm trebuchet>
<you fire trebuchet>
<you hit doors>

shock horror i can hit the doors too

Also mids arent the only people who have seige weapons all it takes is a few balistas and no more siege, there is a one seige piece allowed to attack the door at any time, there is no limit on the number of seige allowed to take out enemy seige.

you can ground assist a door ? oh btw mr critical, I never said I DID know what im talking about, its an observaton, read my post ffs."excuse if im wrong" is a sentance that implies I could be wrong, thank you for reminding me what i already know. if what you say is true, some alb over the last month or so since nf would have tried this, but noone has. so is EVERY SINGLE alb a dumb fuck, and all mids have super IQs ? I think not.

I sincerely hope what you say is correct, but I see no evidence. can any albs help clear this up ?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
You can hit a target without LOS with a treb, the only difficulty is targetting the door.

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
You can hit a target without LOS with a treb, the only difficulty is targetting the door.

That i new, thought the guy was talking about normal assist tho, if you tried to assist someone targeting the doors, you wouldn't be able to get target and aim treb.

GT would work i guess.

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Done it quite a few times, have someone target the door, /assist <person> and you can hit the doors with treb or whatever. Can do this from HB

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Zede said:
you can ground assist a door ? oh btw mr critical, I never said I DID know what im talking about, its an observaton, read my post ffs."excuse if im wrong" is a sentance that implies I could be wrong, thank you for reminding me what i already know. if what you say is true, some alb over the last month or so since nf would have tried this, but noone has. so is EVERY SINGLE alb a dumb fuck, and all mids have super IQs ? I think not.

I sincerely hope what you say is correct, but I see no evidence. can any albs help clear this up ?
Then why start a retarded thread flaming mids, you could have asked here:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

or even post here asking mids can hit the doors, can albs do it too?

instead you flamed so i gave u a equally aggressive reply

if what you say is true, some alb over the last month or so since nf would have tried this, but noone has. so is EVERY SINGLE alb a dumb fuck, and all mids have super IQs ? I think not.
Albs have done it MANY times before, how do i know? cus i was the alb on the catapult.
Another aggressive and equally retarded flame i will answer in the same manner as the question was posed

Zede

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
Then why start a retarded thread flaming mids, you could have asked here:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

or even post here asking mids can hit the doors, can albs do it too?

instead you flamed so i gave u a equally aggressive reply

Albs have done it MANY times before, how do i know? cus i was the alb on the catapult.
Another aggressive and equally retarded flame i will answer in the same manner as the question was posed

shit m8, if i wanted to flame id have done it properly. now, for your peeps with small brains like yourself, I will explain. " Why Mids have it easy in Thid" was the tread starter, yes ?

having direct LOS on the keep doors, weather you like it or not, makes it easier for mids in thid - its a fact m8. LoS/having no LoS...fire a few synapses for me and use some logic plze. not everbody in thid is uber leet like yourself and knows all the ins and out of this game, alot of the people in thid really are the game noobs ( obviously this includes me, only being 6L8 n all, wishing i had your rvr skillz).

KOOKen

Fledgling Freddie
Last time We took it we used a ram (yes mid).
But i guess albs are used to easymode :m00:

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
<you aim trebuchet>
<you arm trebuchet>
<you fire trebuchet>
<you hit doors>
tried this with some trebs at ab on the top thingy kept getting gt is out of range

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Hansmoleman said:
tried this with some trebs at ab on the top thingy kept getting gt is out of range

HB works fine, was on CK door though and dont use GT, have someone target the door and assist them

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
so is EVERY SINGLE alb a dumb fuck, and all mids have super IQs ? I think not.

Nope, mids are just as dumb. Infact, i think many of them are even dumber.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
shit m8, if i wanted to flame id have done it properly. now, for your peeps with small brains like yourself, I will explain. " Why Mids have it easy in Thid" was the tread starter, yes.

Looking at your profile I see that you are not new to FH. You must know that people here are aggressive and flames starts more often then contructive disscussions. So in my opinion, to get some constructive replies you should perhaps called your thread something less "flamable". Perhaps "Suggestion to have CK in Thid rotate" or "Give all realms the ability to shoot at CK inner doors", then you go on to explain the imbalances that you think exsists at the moment. Now half the thread is about who is dumb and dumbest.

As I said before, you are not new to FH. If you look at the Thread starter, are you honestly surprised that you got "answers with an attitude"? Post in a humble way, in my humble opinion, and you improve your chances for a construcive thread.

/Otho

Zede

Part of the furniture
Otho said:
Looking at your profile I see that you are not new to FH. You must know that people here are aggressive and flames starts more often then contructive disscussions. So in my opinion, to get some constructive replies you should perhaps called your thread something less "flamable". Perhaps "Suggestion to have CK in Thid rotate" or "Give all realms the ability to shoot at CK inner doors", then you go on to explain the imbalances that you think exsists at the moment. Now half the thread is about who is dumb and dumbest.

As I said before, you are not new to FH. If you look at the Thread starter, are you honestly surprised that you got "answers with an attitude"? Post in a humble way, in my humble opinion, and you improve your chances for a construcive thread.

/Otho

point taken, but the fact remains it is utter bolox the way the ck is set up. what amazes me more is the fact that (some) dumb fuck people who play mid cannot get it through to there thick skulls that they do have an advantage.

targeting the doors from alb bridge, in my experience is not easy, heck i aint managed it yet. yes yes got a gt off an inf, using every type of seige u just get the message " target is to far away" or "target cannot be seen". mids just press f5, move the gt cursor and wack !, inner keep gate starts to take damage. inner door is in direct line of sight of mb, what a larf.

its now an UNDISPUTED fact if alb or hib take ck, id say within a few hours mids have it back, purly by using this tactic. If they dont, albs or hibs actually hold the ck for day ! 3 times in the last few weeks, the only times ive seen mids inside ck walls was when the inner door was already down. I for one have stopped playing thid cause' its now rather pointless.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Zede said:
point taken, but the fact remains it is utter bolox the way the ck is set up. what amazes me more is the fact that (some) dumb fuck people who play mid cannot get it through to there thick skulls that they do have an advantage.

targeting the doors from alb bridge, in my experience is not easy, heck i aint managed it yet. yes yes got a gt off an inf, using every type of seige u just get the message " target is to far away" or "target cannot be seen". mids just press f5, move the gt cursor and wack !, inner keep gate starts to take damage. inner door is in direct line of sight of mb, what a larf.

its now an UNDISPUTED fact if alb or hib take ck, id say within a few hours mids have it back, purly by using this tactic. If they dont, albs or hibs actually hold the ck for day ! 3 times in the last few weeks, the only times ive seen mids inside ck walls was when the inner door was already down. I for one have stopped playing thid cause' its now rather pointless.

dont even need to use gt, can just target, aim and fire ;)

Destic

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know if it is still this way, but the BG's are all different so in This yes it faces mid way, then in the next BG it faces Alb (just random guess, havent checked) and then hib etc etc... though i dont know if it still is like this, havent been in BG's for a long long time (10-11 months or so) And as for Mids being dumb, i dont agree at all, i know alot of inteligent midgardians. <shrugs> Dont quite get why people care about which way the keep faces in Thidranki. Hope you have fun there... and maybe they will move the keep for that one single person complaining about it, you never know. we know how much GOA love to help the user out.
Good hunting.
†Destic/Madan/Laorg etc etc†
†Midgard†

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom