Why Is it...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Then when i look at the server selection screen the german servers have the highest poulation and are the top 5 ..... what are the english servers doing wrong....

:m00:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
They/and france have/had actuall promotion of the game?
Talked to a few german friends and they've known about DAoC before I even started to play ½year after release.... And they don't even play MMo... :|

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think anyone is ever gonna forgive GOA for the total lack of promotion of DAoC in the uk.

Damn right too, DAoC could have been soooo much more, and we would have been seeing the same numbers that the Germans and French have atm, if not greater.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
there are only actually 3 people playing on the german servers the rest of the "population" is just a cunning ruse whereby towels have been put down to bagsey a space.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
there are only actually 3 people playing on the german servers the rest of the "population" is just a cunning ruse whereby towels have been put down to bagsey a space.

:worthy:

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
Then when i look at the server selection screen the german servers have the highest poulation and are the top 5 ..... what are the english servers doing wrong....

:m00:

Coz the brits enjoy moaning too much instead of just playing the "game"

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I know a lot of scandinavians play on the english servers, but do they also play on the german and french ones? I wondered if you guys also speak those languages as well as you do english?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
I know a lot of scandinavians play on the english servers, but do they also play on the german and french ones? I wondered if you guys also speak those languages as well as you do english?

No, we don't. English is our second language, taught in school and heard/seen a lot on TV. German/French is our third language choice in school, and you hardly see or hear much of those around you here. So English is a lot more natural to us.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
The Germans had the Beta Game on one of the biggest Games Magazine Gamestar. I think this was one of the Reason why so many Germans started to play. And because DAOC was one of the first MMORPGS who allowed the Germans to pay with ELV(Common German payment method).

I bought the Magazine too and started to play because the beta was really nice. I doubt i would be here without it....

DAOC was my first MMORPG and it will be the last one i play. :)

Oh and lots of Germans play/played on Excalibur (and prolly on Prydwen)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
As well as the criminal lack of promotion (and availability in the early days) in the UK - a fair number of English speaking gamers who heard about DaoC went to play on US servers since it was released so much earlier there. I almost did myself, except I knew I was gonna get hooked so I tried to put it off as long as possible :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Ezteq said:

LOL

rep

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:

rofl !

:worthy: :worthy:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ezteq said:

lol

Various People said:
"They/and France have/had actual promotion of the game?"
"...don't think anyone is ever gonna forgive GOA for the total lack of promotion of DAoC in the uk. Damn right too, DAoC could have been soooo much more..."
"...the criminal lack of promotion..."

All, sadly, very true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom