Motoring Why is it always girls...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...that get themselves crushed by trains at level crossings?

that article said:
A 15-year-old girl was killed when she was hit by a train at a foot crossing..... A gate and flashing lights were installed at the site after an 81-year-old woman was killed in 2002 while walking across the track with her dog..... In 2005, Olivia Bazlinton and Charlotte Thompson, died at nearby Elsenham station...

And it's not just in the UK, a cursory google search gives:

A 19 year old girl from Kentuky and a 15 year old girl from Oz, just in the last couple of months.

the second artcile said:
[Onlookers] yelled at her to stop, but after hesitating she made the fatal decision to run...

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES AND ENGAGE YOUR BLOODY BRAINS WOMEN :eek:

soze

I am a FH squatter
There may be more women killed by accident but more men commit suicide via train than women.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Completely anecodetally whenever I hear of someone in a vehicle being curshed at a train crossing its always a man.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
whenever i read these stories i go.. "so ?"

if your too fucking stupid to NOT go on railway lines, you dont deserve to live

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Mum's (Guard) train killed a girl on a level crossing her drunk boyfriend tried to drag her across the track, her foot got caught and that was her lot. He got away with it because she was drunk too.

My Dad who is a guard too has had 3 suicides in 7 years now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Smethwick seemed like quite a popular place for the suicides for some reason. The train between Wolves and New Street was delayed 2 or 3 times in a few years because of somebody jumping onto the line at Smethwick Galton Bridge. :(

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Just to erm, derail the thread. (See what I did there?)

People who jump in front of trains to commit suicide are selfish, inconsiderate cunts. Not only do they mentally scar the driver of the train and anyone else who saw it happen but they also cause chaos and delays for many people.

Also to echo Mabs, if you're stupid enough to try crossing when there's a train coming you get what's coming to you, literally.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
a friend of mine works for one of the train companies, they do the mechanical checks to make sure the carriages are ok. he had one a few months back had had a jumper, hadnt been cleaned properly..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Such a wide spectrum of agreement/disagreement with your single post, Mr Denied!

People who jump in front of trains to commit suicide are broken mentally, unable to quantify "selfishness" or the impact of their actions on other people. They just want their pain to stop...

Fixed that shit bit.

Not only do they mentally scar the driver of the train and anyone else who saw it happen but they also cause chaos and delays for many people

This is true, but at least these people have an opportunity to get over it.

Also to echo Mabs, if you're stupid enough to try crossing when there's a train coming you get what's coming to you, literally.

Agree with this bit 100%. :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
People who jump in front of trains to commit suicide are selfish, inconsiderate cunts. Not only do they mentally scar the driver of the train and anyone else who saw it happen but they also cause chaos and delays for many people.

From the Driver side of things, from speaking to the ones that work with my Mum and Dad not a lot of them are affected by suicides. If someone steps out in front of the train there is nothing they can do. So its not like a car driver who can questions his reactions ect. One of the drives has had 11 deaths and he takes his 2 months off and his compensation and he is fine.

The ones that kill someone and its an accident do seem to be affected though. Like everything else it will come down to the person involved.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Such a wide spectrum of agreement/disagreement with your single post, Mr Denied!

Fixed that shit bit.

I spoke from having experienced said disruption 4 times. Broken they may be but I can't believe they wouldn't know exactly what they were doing and just not caring. Suicide is always selfish but there are less widely disruptive ways.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
...I can't believe they wouldn't know exactly what they were doing.... Suicide is always selfish...

Viewed externally it may well be selfish.

Viewed from the point of someone internally traumatised enough to take their own life I'd make this point (again): If you can't be expected to walk right with broken legs, you can't be expected to think right with a broken mind...

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
whenever i read these stories i go.. "so ?"

if your too fucking stupid to NOT go on railway lines, you dont deserve to live
Well I disagree with this.. you just have to use your ears/look both directions/cross carefully...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom