Why is a Celt Nightshade better than say a luri?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well as the title says, why is a celt Nightshade considered better than a luri?

Ofc, I understand the extra str/con, but what I was wondering is if the evade frequency of the luri (I guess it is higher from comments on vnboards) balance the str/con out?

I have no idea what is good and whats not with assassin stealthers so some explenations are needed here!;)

/Charmangle

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
lets put it this way,

at rr6L6 with 44 blades 34 cs 34 stealth 34 venom 32 celtic dual my lurikeen has 1430 weapon skill

at rr2L1 with 44 blades 37 stealth 37 venom 34 cs and 28 or so CD my celt has 1500 Weapon skill and at like cl0 its quite close on hits too,

the evade isnt really a problem because evade myth + evade 7 i believe evade is ridiculous anyway!

i still prefer my luri tho ^^

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well as the title says, why is a celt Nightshade considered better than a luri?

Ofc, I understand the extra str/con, but what I was wondering is if the evade frequency of the luri (I guess it is higher from comments on vnboards) balance the str/con out?

I have no idea what is good and whats not with assassin stealthers so some explenations are needed here!;)

/Charmangle

20 more str/con the best racial resists of the 3 available races and regardless of spec the highest weaponskill of all 3 races , quite simple really :D

M

MarCn

lets put it this way,

at rr6L6 with 44 blades 34 cs 34 stealth 34 venom 32 celtic dual my lurikeen has 1430 weapon skill

at rr2L1 with 44 blades 37 stealth 37 venom 34 cs and 28 or so CD my celt has 1500 Weapon skill and at like cl0 its quite close on hits too,

the evade isnt really a problem because evade myth + evade 7 i believe evade is ridiculous anyway!

i still prefer my luri tho ^^

Thanks for help :clap:

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Alot Elfs // Lurikeens started going back Piercing spec insted of blades on the US servers...

Pierce is H0T too!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot for the info! Sounds like if I ever get around to playing NS then it will have to be a Celt then!:) Well not to mention that they are pretty nice looking, not dissing Luris or anything but...;)

/Charmangle

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks alot for the info! Sounds like if I ever get around to playing NS then it will have to be a Celt then!:) Well not to mention that they are pretty nice looking, not dissing Luris or anything but...;)

/Charmangle

my luri is the prettiest thing ever!

!!!!!!! :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
if you below rr5 deffo go celt if below rr7 have a think about it , for the likes of me its too late tho :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Celt NS

Pro:
5% less crush resists
5% less energy resists
easier to target from range

Con:
less RPs from them for the time being

:flame:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
The effect of Celt Ns's has been blown way out of proportions...

For pierce, celts are about the same as luris, so no problem there.

Celts will have to get more qui in the template and will therefor have to drop con or stre/dex in the temp to get to the same template for luris/elves (utility-wise)

Things even eachother out, yes celts get a free aug stre 3 blablabla... it has somewhat been said that aug stre doesn't really make much of a difference. The effects of the higher stre are minimal in the actual gameplay eventho it looks like a big deal on paper,it really doesnt...

Thesa has spoken!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH

Celts will have to get more qui in the template and will therefor have to drop con or stre/dex in the temp to get to the same template for luris/elves (utility-wise)

Things even eachother out, yes celts get a free aug stre 3 blablabla... it has somewhat been said that aug stre doesn't really make much of a difference. The effects of the higher stre are minimal in the actual gameplay eventho it looks like a big deal on paper,it really doesnt...

Thesa has spoken!

This post isn't even close to accurate,

my celt ns temp is prob better than my luri template, in terms of stats / resists / bonuses - infact tell a lie the celts is missing 1% melee or style damage cant remember which

where as the luri is 10/10/10

getting quick into a template is easy as anything!

celt ns is simply better than the other 2 and always should have been allowed but i agree in terms of deleting chars to re-roll celt is a bit OTT

I deleted my rog chanter that had no equipment etc in order to use its name for a celt, and i've played it a few times but the luri will always get used more! and its only 6L7 so not like it'd be hard to get the celt to that rank

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Thesa has spoken!

funny-dog-pictures-whatcha-dooin.jpg

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
obviously celts are better.. i never said they werent.

The difference is just not enough to whine about it like ppl seem to be doing.

And it is as easy as 1 + 1 = 2 ... more quickness needed = less space for anything else, it might be just 1 resist that lacks or some +to skill, but it will be there.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
no because items with + quick on seem to have very good utlity

when i get home ill post the template me and ixnay are running

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
mine isn't ml10 shizzle!

as the luri has the ml10 temp :p

or well has the ml10 vest in temp, still dont have weapons or legs so didnt bother templating em!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
race means nothing its all down to who is driving :p you can have the most overpowered items/best racials but a noob driver is still a noob which is why races mean very little.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
race means nothing its all down to who is driving :p you can have the most overpowered items/best racials but a noob driver is still a noob which is why races mean very little.

Kinda goes w/o saying blood , but at the sharp end of things its makes a big difference on the ragged edge , difference say between norse and elf is immense and is why eul thumped me around 9 outta 10 times we met :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom