Why high RR players got no AOM ?

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiousity i asked a few high RR peeps if they got AOm..and i was stuned to find out that they dont..when today the fights r Bodyguard->PBaoe..+ u get hit by a DD or any kind of spell at almost at each 5 secs in RvR.. So i found out that Maramar has 1 AoM..:p..asked Nightpetal ..he has 0 Aom :)..and som more,its true that now..Aom is shitty cause at lvl 4 u barely have 12% ..but with Newfrontiers..at aom 5 u ll have somewhere 27% or so..
And the big thing about this RA is that it helps alot when u r Debufed -> Nuked ..cause u get 0% res..but he extra ones will still be there..providing u an extra resistance . I know that with NewFrontiers i ll get AoM 4 :).

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Glacius said:
Out of curiousity i asked a few high RR peeps if they got AOm..

Because hibs with AoM and BAoD where overpowered against magic damage, so Mythic nerfed AoM for everyone. It no longer adds resist like before instead they made it multiply so hibs would not be able to get 100% resistance anymore.

e.g.
Before, 40% resist + aom3 9% resist = 49% resist.
Now, 40% resist + 9% aom3 = 1 - 0.6*0.91 = 0.45 = 45% resist.

Basically it's ~half of what it was before and most people don't think it's worth 10 points for 5% more resist.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
In NF, AOM will replace Det.5 for most, AOM5 is (when you have 24% resist buffs) only 4% less effective in reducing CC then Det.5 is, but also reduces damage taken by a lot... (so cost vs effectiveness, AOM5 will win from Det.5 by far, I hope they make AOM only work on damage that would PWN ;) )Currently, cost do not cover the effect... Most feel its currently not worth taking past level 2...

Mawinax

Fledgling Freddie
I was under the impression that the formular was:

modified resist = resist * (1+ AOM). Using Ur numbers the result is:

40% * (1 + 0.09) = 43.6%

or in formulars:

R * (1+ AOM)
rather than
1- (1-R)*(1-AOM).

For resist around 50% it makes very little difference, but if U are unbuffed and without capped SC gear its gets rather big.

Maw

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Mawinax said:
I was under the impression that the formular was:

modified resist = resist * (1+ AOM). Using Ur numbers the result is:

40% * (1 + 0.09) = 43.6%
Nope. Otherwise if you have 0% from items/buffs, AoM would give 0%.

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
In NF, AOM will replace Det.5 for most, AOM5 is (when you have 24% resist buffs) only 4% less effective in reducing CC then Det.5 is, but also reduces damage taken by a lot... (so cost vs effectiveness, AOM5 will win from Det.5 by far, I hope they make AOM only work on damage that would PWN ;) )Currently, cost do not cover the effect... Most feel its currently not worth taking past level 2...

It is my impression that it will only work against magic damage. Taken from:

http://www.camelotherald.com/newfrontiers/realmabilities/abilities.php

Code:
Avoidance of Magic     Passive     Reduces all magic damage taken by the listed percentage.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
If that changes so it actually only affects damage and not CC duration, I'll be a happy caster... However, I'm not so sure it will... So far it affects duration too in current NF beta...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Glacius said:
Out of curiousity i asked a few high RR peeps if they got AOm..and i was stuned to find out that they dont..when today the fights r Bodyguard->PBaoe..+ u get hit by a DD or any kind of spell at almost at each 5 secs in RvR.. So i found out that Maramar has 1 AoM..:p..asked Nightpetal ..he has 0 Aom :)..and som more,its true that now..Aom is shitty cause at lvl 4 u barely have 12% ..but with Newfrontiers..at aom 5 u ll have somewhere 27% or so..
And the big thing about this RA is that it helps alot when u r Debufed -> Nuked ..cause u get 0% res..but he extra ones will still be there..providing u an extra resistance . I know that with NewFrontiers i ll get AoM 4 :).

It was nerfed a patch or two ago to be calculated independantly from other resists, therefore being less effective.

Its still decent but not as much as it was, I still have it personally simply because for the sake of 1 point its a nice amount of resistance still, I woulkdn't take it higher though.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
after nerf aom isnt great value, but its still worth 1point, if u can afford it.

in NF? well, we will see i guess :wub:

Iswind

Fledgling Freddie
I think alot of ppl will get Purge 3..

Hey who knows maybe ill get a grp with my purge 3 thane :)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
ill be getting purge2. purge 3 is overkill.
for albs who have less enemies it makes more sense atleast but for hibs they gonna have alot more fights so maybe more appropiate.
i dont see purge3 as a solution to hybrids lack of defense against cc spells.
the good grps will wait to u purge ur mes or whatever and then root u, then ur just as fucked as before :D
better to get aom5 and/or det5.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I dont have AoM, because theres better stuff for me to get at the moment...but may get it to bump up resists on toa sc :D

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
:)

Well get ur lvl 3 purge and when garabanoch will do a pbaoe ..he ll give u ur arse extrafried back...i know i m sick of beeing hit by that 600+ hibernian pbaoe..cause no matter where i go in emain ..i have to be in it ..cause i m a tank ...with newfrontiers aom is so cool that i d like to get it to lvl 5 :p but i cant.. u all get ur mob4 and moparry thingies ...but remember 1 thing ..spell dmg will be the NR1 ENEMY . < i think its since the game begun ..but whateva :)>.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Im talking about current ra's and im not really stupid enough to run like a lemming into a rr10 hib grp pbaoeing.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If the numbers stay as they are for New Frontiers, then high AoM may be a better choice then detirmination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom