Why dont more people play PvP?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
ok so theres the frustration thing, but tbh thats got nothing 2 do with camlann, but the game, and yeh u may die more on camlann, but u also kill more :flame:

but the main thing i dont get is that on camlann u can play ANY CLASS in ANY REALM and xp AND pvp AND have fun. People say "i get killed while trying 2 xp" well, ditto, but also theres 3 realms, and less than 1k people playing, so really theres 3 times more places 2 have fun, 3 times more character slots, and u can b lvl 23 but knocking out lvl 25 people etc. and theres endless duo/trios and its just so much fun compared 2 rvr servers. ok so it can b boring soloing alot but i mean in rvr servers theres PL farms, and necro PL etc (ok so theres necro PL here aswell), + theres no bots/less bots, so its like more true fights (ok so if a unbuffed <class> gets attacked by any 1 with buffs there kinda screwed) but omg CAMLANN ROCKS....

howcome there isnt more people playing here? :S

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Well when you come to camlann, firstly you get handed /level gear which is grade A piece of shit. Plus 90% of people in the capital cities are french/german so they don't understand you when you ask for some silver for a horse.

Secondly, all the low level 20 places are usually camped prime time, and people cba to wait till off peak to level there.

Thirdly the frustration, leeching, chaining, higher cons ganking you, grps ganking you etc.

Fourthly they cba, and return to their home server within an hour saying Camlann sux, never going there again.

Maybe some more, can't think of them now.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Well when you come to camlann, firstly you get handed /level gear which is grade A piece of shit. Plus 90% of people in the capital cities are french/german so they don't understand you when you ask for some silver for a horse.

Secondly, all the low level 20 places are usually camped prime time, and people cba to wait till off peak to level there.

Thirdly the frustration, leeching, chaining, higher cons ganking you, grps ganking you etc.

Fourthly they cba, and return to their home server within an hour saying Camlann sux, never going there again.

Maybe some more, can't think of them now.

Fifthly 'I with 50 BD chainz0r u'

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno if its just me or is every high lvl BD a complete fuckbrain ?

/Neo

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
every bd is a fuckbrain

not just high level ones

and yeah i agree the main reason is people /level some fotm char and get pwned and like wonder why (duh level gear sux) or try to xp (duh level gear sux) or get pked in their xp spot (duh find a spot that ppl don't use in peak or wait for offpeak).

I really think if ur gonna play pvp u need a necro to farm ur cash first

either that or transfer some cash (if u can) and make ur main pvper and get him some decent gear (emerald gear will immedatly put u at a big advantage over the rest of the /level gear newbs, failing that get some nice toa rog or something from housing going cheap).

B

Ballad

Darksword said:
ok so theres the frustration thing, but tbh thats got nothing 2 do with camlann, but the game, and yeh u may die more on camlann, but u also kill more :flame:

but the main thing i dont get is that on camlann u can play ANY CLASS in ANY REALM and xp AND pvp AND have fun. People say "i get killed while trying 2 xp" well, ditto, but also theres 3 realms, and less than 1k people playing, so really theres 3 times more places 2 have fun, 3 times more character slots, and u can b lvl 23 but knocking out lvl 25 people etc. and theres endless duo/trios and its just so much fun compared 2 rvr servers. ok so it can b boring soloing alot but i mean in rvr servers theres PL farms, and necro PL etc (ok so theres necro PL here aswell), + theres no bots/less bots, so its like more true fights (ok so if a unbuffed <class> gets attacked by any 1 with buffs there kinda screwed) but omg CAMLANN ROCKS....

howcome there isnt more people playing here? :S
Í agree. However I'm (I was) happy with the server's population as it is right now.

On Mordred there are over 1500 players at peaktimes. Not much more than Camlann has but it's still very noticeable. I was surprised to see a FG of lowbies exping at broken bridge and some 50's PvP'ing in Huginfell. It's fun but makes exping a lot harder. :p

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Camlann is for a special type of person

It really depends what u want out of daoc, some want some relaxing PvE or a nice raid when they get back from work, y'know something to unwind. Whereas the Camlann population are not satisfied by PvE, they want something more exciting, they dont play daoc for a relaxing time, they play it because it is fun and exciting (and can get the adrenaline going in some intense situations).

The main thing most of my friends from RvR servers said when they came over here is how there is such a feeling of hostility, which is true if you are a new unguilded player, no1 really wants to know you, because you are the enemy.

They also said how hectic it is, with mass gank zones in areas like cots and MM where you die every few seconds if your not 50. Camlann needs experience, you have to know where to go and when and not to just run in guns blazing because that certain "solo" healer may have 4 Horde assasins standing on him :m00:

I dont think it is to do with the /level equipment because surely the RvR people will put up with some more pve to get the good stuff, and do that pve with a caster like BD or necro.

Game Over

Fledgling Freddie
Amildin said:
because that certain "solo" healer may have 4 Horde assasins standing on him :m00:

A healer will rarely be solo...hardly going to kill you with his hammer is he ;)

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Game Over said:
A healer will rarely be solo...hardly going to kill you with his hammer is he ;)

Best type of healer is one that is hiding spaming heals - out of sight of his grp muhahahhaha :wij:

Fuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
I fought a warrior once with my friar (warriors are really annoying for friars as we can hit and hit for ages and just get blocked if against a decent warrior) and just got blocked for ages. I don't think I hit him once. Pity for the poor guy that he didn't notice the healer standing behind him slapping him with his hammer till dead.
Ok, that was the worst told story ever (hides head in shame)

Katzz

Fledgling Freddie
Fuzzy said:
I fought a warrior once with my friar (warriors are really annoying for friars as we can hit and hit for ages and just get blocked if against a decent warrior) and just got blocked for ages. I don't think I hit him once. Pity for the poor guy that he didn't notice the healer standing behind him slapping him with his hammer till dead.
Ok, that was the worst told story ever (hides head in shame)

Its easy to kill unbuffed warrior with friar, i never had problem to kill any tanks even friars with my friar, but i dont play anymore with him, its boring to play solo.

Katzz

Fledgling Freddie
And now back to topic why more ppl dont want play on Camlann.

1st problem is if you want to play on Camlann you have to have there some friends. Your friends have to be same lvl as you so you could lvl with em or they have to be high lvl (L50) and lend you some money so you could buy some equipment or get PL from your L50 friends.
I tried almost solo lvl my shadowblade it was very hard but i reached L33 then it was almost impossible to get higher lvl, without good equipment end+heal bot its realy pain to lvl SB.

2nd problems is that you are enemy for all so its very hard to find xp group if you dont have enought friends to made your own group. Xping is realy hard on Camlann if you dont get help.

The real fun beggins at L50 when you are in guild and do more pvp.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Amildin said:
Camlann is for a special type of person

It really depends what u want out of daoc, some want some relaxing PvE or a nice raid when they get back from work, y'know something to unwind. Whereas the Camlann population are not satisfied by PvE, they want something more exciting, they dont play daoc for a relaxing time, they play it because it is fun and exciting (and can get the adrenaline going in some intense situations).

The main thing most of my friends from RvR servers said when they came over here is how there is such a feeling of hostility, which is true if you are a new unguilded player, no1 really wants to know you, because you are the enemy.

They also said how hectic it is, with mass gank zones in areas like cots and MM where you die every few seconds if your not 50. Camlann needs experience, you have to know where to go and when and not to just run in guns blazing because that certain "solo" healer may have 4 Horde assasins standing on him :m00:

I dont think it is to do with the /level equipment because surely the RvR people will put up with some more pve to get the good stuff, and do that pve with a caster like BD or necro.
Stay away from magmell, tis my home and zhe norsemans zar invading it!

Dom

Fledgling Freddie
i r frensh u kill me when no rp why? i chain with me main 50 necro

thats why i dont play camlaan :eek6:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Dom said:

Got that 6 times today.

Thats why I dislike the french :).

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Dom said:

LOL its gr8 when sum 1 says "im logging main" then u just hang about for 10 mins and they come back on there char again, having not found 1, or not even having a "main" then i kill them again :D

Perfection

Fledgling Freddie
Even better when they got a main and chain you constantly for like 1-2 hours.
If you are level 36+ its even more fun, you should try it. Logging out is for wimps!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Perfection said:
If you are level 36+ its even more fun, you should try it. Logging out is for wimps!

if a purp is gunna chain me ill wait till they travel all the way 2 kill me, then ill get a horse and say bye or summit :) or ill just hide sumwhere and pm them

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Perfection said:

If you get chained for 1-2 hours then you are an utter n00b tbh and moreover a complete idiot.

Go somewhere else! :eek6:

Darksword said:
if a purp is gunna chain me ill wait till they travel all the way 2 kill me, then ill get a horse and say bye or summit or ill just hide sumwhere and pm them

Did that to a Mayhem grp once that kept trying to kill me at Wearyall champ just /stick to me. I grabbed a horse to Goth and they still followed, I taunted them a bit and managed to port Camelot. I got some proper sick insults back which I promptly screenied and reported to goa ;)

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me so ANGRY

I made a couple of toon's on PvP, and it was totally impossible to play :(
I did the usual /level to 20, and as soon as i finnish some moron comes along and kills me, PLZ tell me what is the point of killling someone you just see doing /level, who has no armour, no weapons and in my case no money to get items, seems to me that you need to have started a toon in Camlann when the server 1st appeared, this may be why not many people play in PvP anymore... Well anyway, I am NOT going back, I'll carry on with Mid Excal. Have Fun in the PvP world :D i wish all new members there luck as you will need it.

Pixieblue-50Thane-Mid Excal.

:m00:

elaTC

Fledgling Freddie
GUIDE TO SUCCED ON CAMLAN.

1: Take a deep breath relax.
2: Repeat #1 every time u get chained
3: Dont whine when you get chained (will just make it worse)
3: Get a guild
4: XP with the guild (a hint it will make xping be _ALOT_ easier)
5: If u cant find a guild, make a necro (shiteasy to xp at ockward spots)
6: By now u probobly forgot about #1, read it again and repeat
7: If you by now maintain calm u are someone who probobly will sucessfull camlann player.
8: Grats u got a highlvl necro, start pling.

B

Ballad

pixieblue said:
I made a couple of toon's on PvP, and it was totally impossible to play :(
I did the usual /level to 20, and as soon as i finnish some moron comes along and kills me, PLZ tell me what is the point of killling someone you just see doing /level, who has no armour, no weapons and in my case no money to get items, seems to me that you need to have started a toon in Camlann when the server 1st appeared, this may be why not many people play in PvP anymore... Well anyway, I am NOT going back, I'll carry on with Mid Excal. Have Fun in the PvP world :D i wish all new members there luck as you will need it.

Pixieblue-50Thane-Mid Excal.

:m00:
I should quote this in my sign:

/level to 5, train your class, /safety off, suicide on a purp player, /release city, /level in peace.

Ithlamer

Fledgling Freddie
i never played RvR so wouldnt know what could possibly be better there aprart from lack of choice of chars and places to go, ppl who cant stick out on at camlann have no will power tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom