• Because of the game itself.

Votes: 123 61.2%
  • Other reason.

Votes: 38 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

virragain

Fledgling Freddie
The reason for this poll is that I'm currently writing an article about DAoC.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah, noticed so i deleted my firsat post ;)

anyway, i still play both for the people in the game and for the game itself.

/edit: mainly because theres not many MMORPG's out there that have even a decent end game, sure, the rvr could need some serious uppdating. especially the keep warfare that would make owning enemy keeps acually worth it other then having a instant rvr portal.

the extra cash u get from owning more towers are always nice i guess. but its not really a motivator to go get them.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
1. I have a lot of spare time
2. The game, like many mmorpg, is really addictive.
3. I enjoy playing it, singlerplayer games cant compare and there really is no other mmorpg game that I would want to play.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the flame and whine threads are unrivaled by any other game.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
got alot of friends in daoc, but the reason i stay i would say is rvr. The social in the game is a factor too ofc, but i kept playing coz of rvr!

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
its my alternative reality :) can shut off for all the other stuff and enter my alter ego state!

eble

Fledgling Freddie
RVR only,

when a game with better RVR comes along i'm gone.

Eble

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Because I enjoy the company, the new game content each patch and the mutlitude of things to do.

But it's never a priority above my 'real' life.

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
Only been back for a few months after a 2 year break. Originally came back to play with people I knew, but theres a lack of enthusiasm and people are constantly trickling away from the game.

Find myself now just playing it to pass the time til another game grabs my appetite.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
heh its a great way for all those roleplayers to pretend to be wizards without actually havin to dress up like one an run round a field:p

plus its a great way for voyeuristic sleazy net pervs to hook up with others n get their kinky freak on.come on u all know u done it;)

its summit to do.slightly less addictive and a bit cheaper then being a crackhead.

the social context - i bet a lot of people have met folks through the game they have since met up with irl an now call friends.or the reverse of that rl friends who all got the game an now can chillax n chat even when they cba to go out/wouldnt otherwise get to see each other(moved far away/live in diff countrys).

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I love this type of game, but DAoC to me is still has more to offer in terms of game play than any other, if you dont fancy RvR, PvE and vice versa, the "end game" is actually never ending to a degree, infinate template combos, specs and such, theres always something to do. Yeah some need a revamp like crafting, and other games have better, but DAoC still puts all the elements in one place.

And of course, Ive made some great friends in this game, and always had a laff.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Because I still believe it to be the best MMORPG out there, for all its faults. You think other games don't have a multitude of things their players complain about? DAOC still has by far the most varied and satisfying endgame; PvE, crafting, RvR, any combination of the above...you can play it any way you want. For all that RvR can often reduce you to monitor-punching frustration, it's still unique and can be absolutely sublime when it's at its best.

Sometimes the only reason the grass looks greener is because it's full of weeds.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
1. addictive
2. was the first mmorpg that caught my attention
3. very addictive personality
4. escape from reality
5. addictive friggin as shit
6. no singleplayer game or other multiplayergame i know has such variety of choises
7. ARRRGGG Sooo Addictive

/quit
/ebay
OmG i can have a life YEEEYY
(now im just trolling this forum when i have time too spare)

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
I voted for 'the people' in game option although really its a bit of a combination of both. The people in game, and the game itself.

A while ago i took a break because id just had enough of it. But after a while i was coerced back by one of the friends i had made ingame the first time around and i havent looked back since. Instead i've made more friends ingame and its because of this relationship that ive formed with people i, and hopefully them, can run around and do stuff and have fun in the process. Like most things - i find its the people your with that make something enjoyable rather than the act itself.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
dont really play much at all anymore,
but because of the people mainly

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
i dont :< ust like to to troll around on the DAoC forums!

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Defo the people. It's the people I've gotten to know these last few years and besides... just look at all the replies to this one question ^^

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont play no more...but its the best mmo out there no other comes close...miss the old days but thats my age.:)

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
only play 2 days/week now (GG nights) and if it wasnt for the GG i would prolly have quit ages ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom