Why do Champion Quests?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
1) is there any advantage of doing these quests instead of just rvring\pveing?

2) ive started doing cl quests on my lvl 32 friar, and i wonder how many quests do i have to finish before i get cl1 etc?

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
at level 32, you can't get cl1 the way I understand it. :(

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Not a DR expert. But doing the quests eventually gives you the co5 quest, which gives around 2,5 champion lvls (might be more).

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yea, afaik doing champion quests gets u the champ weap faster then RvR / PvE.
You can't become any CL pre lvl 50, but champquests are great exp though

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
not rly great xp.. takes 30 min to do with no speed, all the damn running etc.. and i get rewarded with 2gold and 1 bub of xp at lvl 32..

so i have to do the quests to become cl5?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Gorbachioo said:
which gives around 2,5 champion lvls (might be more).

And if you do Azazel after that one, you're Champion level 3

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
so i have to do the quests to become cl5?

No, just ding 50 and talk to the king, and then go RvR / PvE until you have 5 bars full of CL xp.

Edit : You might want to do them anyway though, finishing all champion quests makes you CL 3 and it's not that hard.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
so, theres NO other reason to do champ quests then the fact that they get me to cl2.5?

and i heard somewhere that you can be cl1 at lvl 30, cl2 at lvl 40 and cl 3-4-5 at 50.. is this true? :S

and is it just a waste to do the quests at lvl 30? ;o

Corran

Part of the furniture
mikke said:
so, theres NO other reason to do champ quests then the fact that they get me to cl2.5?

and i heard somewhere that you can be cl1 at lvl 30, cl2 at lvl 40 and cl 3-4-5 at 50.. is this true? :S

Thought teh quests were 40, 45, 50

But maybe it starts at 35... I dunno.. i dont play anything but level 50 toons as i cant be arsed to level

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You can't get any CLs until you are level 50. Once you are level 50 and have spoken to the king you can earn CLXP. Ten bubbles of CLXp gets you one CL no matter how you earn the CLXp - quests, RvR, PvE, CL quests etc. If you do the quests, the last one gets you a lot of CLXp - about 3 levels worth. Also once you begin the final chapter of the CL quests (Inferno) you get your champion weapon, the first additional ability on it gets unlocked after you have killed the Circle of Five and the second ability is unlocked after completing the Inferno quest. If you don't do the quests then you won't get a champion weapon until you are CL5.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:

true, you get nothing else then the extra CLexp and some okay items that could be used for alts I guess, some are for self use only though.

But you don't have to do a single quest if you don't want to, talk to king and RvR/PvE is all you need to do, but you wont get your CL weapon until CL5 then I think.

<Edit> Seems Requiel beat me to posting the explanation :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Doing the quests before 50 does mean that you can get your Champion Weapon immediately you ding 50 and start on Chapter 3.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
It's quite funneh - read this entire thread and not one of you has suggested that maybe some do them because they're fun. I thought they were well thought out, nicely put together quests, but yet again we see what everyone really wants from this game...

whens this insta-50 and the WIN button going to be introduced anyway? :m00:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
It's quite funneh - read this entire thread and not one of you has suggested that maybe some do them because they're fun. I thought they were well thought out, nicely put together quests, but yet again we see what everyone really wants from this game...

whens this insta-50 and the WIN button going to be introduced anyway? :m00:
Completely agree matey.
The Champion quests and the new Epics are probably the best designed stuff in the game. Perfectly pitched and a whole lot of fun - even on the second and third go around. Sure you can do Circle of Five in an hour with an Ice wiz group, want to feel like you earned it? Run it with three pallies as your main damage (hi Soulfly!) or four mincers and a theurg. If the same amount of effort had gone into designing and balancing ToA encounters, that expansion would have been the best thing to happen to any MMORPG.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Might add that doing NORMAL QUESTS that has high xp reward gives you a bloddy nice CL exp reward aswell.

Remember the calculation for CL xp is as follows
100 million XP=50 CL xp
50 million XP=25 CL xp

so if you do a quest that gives you 2.5 BILLION xp that rewards you with 1250 cl xp for example

Edit: Those xp reward numbers are for pve only. Its a whole different matter in RvR. Would be funny if someone could calculate how its done since sometimes you get 50 Cl xp from a Tiarna hibbie and the next second you get 200 from a rog isenvaktens

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
ok, but anyways i cant gain any champion levels before i ding 50?

and a new question:

What lvl do i have to be to activate a standard chestnut horse? is it lvl 35?

and how many quests are there? im currently in my third round of lvl 30 quests.. :S

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
There's 5 quests at level 30
There's 5 quests at level 40
At level 50 there's kill 5 bosses followed by kill the instance boss.

You can't get any CL exp or levels before 50. The CL exp for the 30 and 40 quests is terrible, about the same as 20 mins exping for all 10 of them, so don't worry about saving them. Do them at whatever level you feel you want a break from leveling or when your mates are doing them.
The CL exp from the 50 ones is by far the fastest way of getting to cl5 if your not in a rr11 gank group being chain fed warders.

The reasons for doing the quests would be.

a) they are a more interesting way of earning exp sub 50 than smashing yellows and nice for a change
b) you get your champ weapon the second you ding 50 instead of at cl5
c) you can go the C05 bosses for 3 very fast champ levels
d) you find the encounters fun

The reasons for not doing them would be

a) you hate questing and would much rather just stay stuck to your necro
b) your in a leet gank group and will get cl5 in 2 days of rvr anyway
c) the abilities are ok but not vital to you, so you'll get them by doing stuff you were going to do anyway instead of going out of your way just to get them a bit faster

it doesn't matter how you get cl5, by questing, killing mobs in AC or rvr'ing. Once you get cl5 you have the same abilities as any other cl5 character. The last boss of the quests drops a very nice none tradable necklace, but you can just go kill that and get it should you want it without doing any of the preceding quests..

Do them if you feel like you enjoy them, just go rvr if you can't be bothered. It's completely upto you!

You can get the first horse at 35..
A horse you can use in the frontiers at 45..
epic mounts at cl5? (not sure about this one)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Do them because they're very well-written quests that have good storyline and settings, and as others have said doing the CO5 dungeon gets you tons of CLXP faster than any other way you'll get it.

I would match the Champion quests against any quest even in pure-PvE games like EQ2 for sheer quality and depth.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Three reasons to do the CL quests:

1) Enjoy the story line.
2) Get the One Time Drops from the last dungeon.
3) Get the Champion Weapon faster if you need it for a template in RvR.

Personally I haven't really done any Champion Quests. Done it in RvR.

I do plan to eventually try it out, purely to see the story line. But then again, I don't care about getting the champion weapon or the one time drops.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
epic mounts at cl5? (not sure about this one)

There are a variety of epic mounts available at different CLs - you only need CL5 for the Unicorns, Elemental horses, and Nightmares.

Warhorses start at CL3 and different colours at CL4

CL1 and CL2 unlock different coloured horses.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
chretien said:
Completely agree matey.
The Champion quests and the new Epics are probably the best designed stuff in the game. Perfectly pitched and a whole lot of fun - even on the second and third go around. Sure you can do Circle of Five in an hour with an Ice wiz group, want to feel like you earned it? Run it with three pallies as your main damage (hi Soulfly!) or four mincers and a theurg. If the same amount of effort had gone into designing and balancing ToA encounters, that expansion would have been the best thing to happen to any MMORPG.

I prefer my 2 infiltrator and smite-cleric-for-healing combo! :D that was ... interesting...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Chimaira said:
Might add that doing NORMAL QUESTS that has high xp reward gives you a bloddy nice CL exp reward aswell.

Remember the calculation for CL xp is as follows
100 million XP=50 CL xp
50 million XP=25 CL xp

so if you do a quest that gives you 2.5 BILLION xp that rewards you with 1250 cl xp for example

Edit: Those xp reward numbers are for pve only. Its a whole different matter in RvR. Would be funny if someone could calculate how its done since sometimes you get 50 Cl xp from a Tiarna hibbie and the next second you get 200 from a rog isenvaktens

It's cause the Xp value and Rp value of a RvR opponent is calculated way differently, if u notice u get maybe full rps from em but low Xp if they are freshly out of Rs for example. Since Clxp in RvR is off Xp (i take it for granted cause it's the only logical explanation of the phenomenon) oplà :p

On a side note i got 3 levels of Clxp from Co5 and almost filled the rest with slightly less than 60k of SOLO RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom