Why do albs bother taking towers at bled?

illu

Part of the furniture
Lo peeps

Just wondering why albs bother taking towers at bled, especially late in the evening. I say this as there aren't that many people on, and instead of doing like some hibs do and smashing the door down, but NOT killing the tower captain, thereby telling people that you are up for a fight and where you are, the albs take the tower, and kill the teleporting to the area, therefore making the whole of bled a wasteland.

Most middies just think, alright, keep the tower, we're off to Beno or something, we'll take it back tomorrow or whenever, and the proud fg of albs wait in the keep waiting forever, giving themselves a pat on the back for taking an empty keep - /gratz.

I know WoW has taken a lot of people from the game, but last night, in 40 mins I saw 1 alb stealther in the bled area. 1!!!!

So albs, if you want some action, then whack the doors till they are on fire, then start roaming to the nearest main keep and at least then you can have some fights.......or else we simply take a boat to Beno.

Oli - Illu

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
heaven forbid people take territory and fight over towers...

or make the mids have to run to bledmeer rather than port there.

illu

Part of the furniture
But what is the point? People don't have endless time to play the game, so it is late at night, there is hardly anyone on the server, people take a tower to DECREASE the chance of meeting the enemy??

At the end of the day, you want to meet the enemy and get into fights quickly. By knocking out the teleporting at midnight, it simply makes people think ah well, I'll go to bed, or can I really be arsed to run from the nearest keep to where there "might" be some enemy, and it's going to take 10+ mins?

Most people will just take a boat to Beno or Hib dock place. I don't care about getting killed over and over, but I want to get into fights. I don't play DAOC to look at the scenery! :>

Oli - Illu

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
I don't play DAOC to look at the scenery! :>

I do!

anyway....dunno bout the others..but sometimes i just like bashing a tower door in....I have even been known to go Duo a tower with my warden and me wife's VW...

Boredom does strange things to a person

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
same thing about relics if u take the relics then ½ the mid/hib ppl won't bother logging on :(

Aussie

Banned
1 enemy tower in a realm concentrates RvR. ppl know where to go then to find zergs / fg fights

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, lets all never take a bled tower again. Towertakes=bad. Sorry all bled towers, I will never hurt you again.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Baldrian said:
I agree, lets all never take a bled tower again. Towertakes=bad. Sorry all bled towers, I will never hurt you again.
should give them little flowers as apologies imo

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Chronictank said:
should give them little flowers as apologies imo

Argh I can see it now, Trebs loaded with flowers <shudders> damn you hippies! :twak:

illu

Part of the furniture
Aussie said:
1 enemy tower in a realm concentrates RvR. ppl know where to go then to find zergs / fg fights

I think perhaps this is true for fg's, and maybe any time during the day, but I'm thinking more soloer's or stealthers, it is a right pain in the ass to try and find another enemy at the moment when it gets a bit late in the evening.

I wish there were perhaps NPC guards you could practice styles or attacking combos on in quiet times that gave low RP, or maybe if it's that quiet that you do some crafting, you also get some RP for say every 99% or 100% item you make.

I'm just worried that one day soon there'll be no one left to kill or fight :/

Giv catacombs and clustered servers now :>

Oli - Illu

Ging

Part of the furniture
illu said:
I wish there were perhaps NPC guards you could practice styles or attacking combos on in quiet times

there are - its called your Buffbot :)

Mine has died countless times as i try new things - hes actualy on his 3rd set of armour now....

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
illu said:
Lo peeps

Just wondering why albs bother taking towers at bled, especially late in the evening. I say this as there aren't that many people on, and instead of doing like some hibs do and smashing the door down, but NOT killing the tower captain, thereby telling people that you are up for a fight and where you are, the albs take the tower, and kill the teleporting to the area, therefore making the whole of bled a wasteland.

Most middies just think, alright, keep the tower, we're off to Beno or something, we'll take it back tomorrow or whenever, and the proud fg of albs wait in the keep waiting forever, giving themselves a pat on the back for taking an empty keep - /gratz.

I know WoW has taken a lot of people from the game, but last night, in 40 mins I saw 1 alb stealther in the bled area. 1!!!!

So albs, if you want some action, then whack the doors till they are on fire, then start roaming to the nearest main keep and at least then you can have some fights.......or else we simply take a boat to Beno.

Oli - Illu

yea hibs/mids never take beno towers n kill porting :kissit:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I love the way this criticism is directed towards albs. Why not ask the Luri Rangers who took Beno doors down at 7 am on Monday! Then again on Wednesday morning. All realms do it. On Monday there was a Merc, can't remember his name taking down any lvl 1 towers in hib solo. When asked he said he was bored and just fancied trying it. He pays the money can do what he wants within the rules. So suck it up and quit moaning for 5 minutes:twak:

illu

Part of the furniture
I'm not contesting (is that a word?) the fact that people can do what they want, of course if someone wants to take a tower and claim it - fair enough, but again last night Bled was deserted after the albs took tower 3 I think it was, and in the end, even when middies took it back, no one ventured there :( Where have all the stealthers and soloers gone?

But, saying that, it did force me over to Beno to explore a bit, and I had some great fights with Lxn and lots of other albs and hibs, once I learnt that being anywhere near the bridge = bad, as there are usually 3+ poison spike type things that you walk through and get left with 20% health ^^.

I suppose Beno is the equivalent of AMG Emain, it's just a pain having to travel there by boat. Giv teleporters to the coast that only 1 person can go through every 10 seconds :)

Oli - Illu

PS And I don't think that when a Beno tower is taken, it doesn't seem to have the same affect in Albland. Everyone just goes to Berk and runs across en masse, whereas travelling from Nott(?) down to Bled seems to take ages :/

Methos

Loyal Freddie
[VR]Fuji said:
illu, no point trying tbh, they dont understand anyway :)

No, clicking that chalise 3 years back made all those braincells go away.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
last night Bled was deserted after the albs took tower 3 I think it was, and in the end, even when middies took it back, no one ventured there :( Where have all the stealthers and soloers gone?
Maybe they simply got bored of getting killed by the fg mids roaming around killing the soloers/stealthers there, in their own lands in fear of going away from their precius keeps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom