Why can't i root point blank?

G

Galatea

Something that baffles me is why doesn't root ever stick when somethings attacking you, surely it doesnt break the root all by itself just by attacking someone, because that kind of defeats the point of rooting something.

Earlier i was soloing moorliches, when a Gabriel hound aggroed onto me. Knowing that i was knackered in melee, i qc rooted it, and the spell reported that it stuck, yet when i ran off, the thing came after and subsequently killed me. Really pissed me off somewhat because i hate soloing, and haven't been able to get a good group in a while, so all it does is screw me.

Is there a reason why it won't stick when somethings attacking you, or is just another screwup?

F

Flimgoblin

Did you have your magma shield on (you know that crappy lvl 1 Calefaction spell that people seem to think does something useful :) if you spec earth it's great for powerlevelling alts... not much else though :()

Also the monster always seems to get 1 last hit on you no matter how far away you run...

G

Galatea

Not really, my earth is only at 14 so the shield is crap and therefore unused. :)

F

Flimgoblin

maybe someone's chasing you around tapping your rooted monsters just to kill you? *shrugs*

G

Galatea

It's a conspiricy i tell you!

NERF GABRIEL HOUNDS!!11 :clap:

O

old.Tohtori

Might be same as with a healer or a sm/rm in midgard.

You begin casting hinder spirit(or whatnot)

The monster is enraged and yadda yadda yadda.

Might be that, who knows. Meaning that it's pissed off and won't stop :p

O

old.neenee

as far as i know, root dont get that enraged shit, ive never seen it happen on my roots.

M

Myshra

if a root happens it is only brocken by something hitting it, or the great lag monster that is daoc, when you run from it, even if your half a zone alway, somehow... it still hits you! nowt you can do really

O

old.marteeny

also mobs may have decent attack range, so they will definately get one hit on you, maybe two even if root has stuck, and those hits usually mean death to a caster.

W

-Wedge-

It's a bug, read it somewhere not sure if its 'fixed', but if you root up close, the mob (not sure if it applies to realm enemies too, guess so) is still able to follow you sometimes...

Doesnt happen all the time, but you get no resist and also no message that the root was broken...

Sprinting away seems to help... (After which it will follow you a bit, but 'become rooted' after that)

V

Vell

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Hmmm...

I think the yanks gave us a duff patch:

Ooooo well isn't that a surprise, Mythic sending GOA the wrong version of a patch. Because that's never happened before, has it. Oh no, not ever. Never never never never never. [/sarcasm]

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm then again... in the same patch they list fixing 1000 tradeskill...

anyone know if you can get past 999 skills yet? (not heard any complaints so I guess so...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom