Why Am I Lagging?

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
my first whine regarding to lag in FH,so i'll get this straight.I tweaked my adsl connection with DR.Tcp(Thanks to publishers of "Chip" magazine for not including how to roll back the changes).Now,here's my pingplotter graph(Couldnt fix it for days(Dont bother with the a non recoverable error message,I disconnected my adsl once for trying smth different with Dr.Tcp).Im not entirely sure that its my fault.Yet,it might be

Help :(
index.cgi

and this is from an UO server in atlanta :
index.cgi

posted this here as the packet loss comes only on excalibur.

moreover,noone in my group had lag(including my friends/guildies who were online) when I was online.It was just on me(Luck?or were they too careless?)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
well.as I mentioned above,noone else in my group was lagging.It was just on me OR they were not careful enough?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Go to the properties page of your network card and look for an option called 'hardware checksum' or 'checksum offload'. If it's enabled, disable it. It causes bizarre lag problems that seem to defy normal troubleshooting (for example you always LD within minutes on one server but can play happily on others).

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Looking at the pingplot, looks more like it's your ISP to blame.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
I have started to think that its a problem on excalibur as at 8 gmt,my ping is fine(no packet loss,140-150),as time passes,my ping increases to 350 and starts packet loss.When I ask people around me however,they say they dont have any latency problems.It changed nothing Requiel,thanks for the support though :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Leathas said:
I have started to think that its a problem on excalibur as at 8 gmt,my ping is fine(no packet loss,140-150),as time passes,my ping increases to 350 and starts packet loss.When I ask people around me however,they say they dont have any latency problems.It changed nothing Requiel,thanks for the support though :)
There was one spike all night on excal, it didnt cause LDs, and lasted about a second, i had PP running too and tbh it was as smooth as a babys bum, and everyone commented last night on how great things were once again. Conclusion is Im afraid its something your end or your ISP.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's worth changing the stats option to higher than 10, otherwise you'll only see the error packets on the last 10 sets of pings.

Darzil

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't know how to help you mate, as I told you on msn, I have Faltsa in since early in the morning doing some crafting and I have no lag problems, nor do people in my guild.

Might worth giving your ISP a call, or reseting your modem, or I don't know really... GL :)

c7borg

Fledgling Freddie
I must say no LD's last night had the odd glitch but I think that was like before last weekend so it looks like things are on the up :clap:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ran a 6 fg ML2 raid. Had about 2 LD's over 5 hours last night (That's 2 for the raid, not for me!)

Darzil

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
I believe I have found the problem.Thanks for the help everyone ;)

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Well,as you may well have noticed from the screenshots,I am living in Turkey( :touch: ).There was an earthquake in marmara sea which caused problems on an undersea-fiberoptic line,I ran some tests for 24 hours with the help of pingplotter,for example(Excalibur server-based test),my ping was 120(normal for my country) at 5 am gmt and it kept increasing as more people connected to internet.After 8 am gmt(which is 10:00 am here) my ping kept increasing,finally ending up with 350 ping+packet loss.However,ping goes back to normal at 1:00 am gmt.Although local telecom did rent a couple of uplink connections(Yes,we'r still in middle ages when it comes to data exchange on a telecom-network),its completely useless because of bottleneck during prime-time.So,the problem is about my country :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom