Why albion Allways sucks in RvR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksadness

Fledgling Freddie
Asked this myself allways i go emain... albions allways get wipped out if not in zerg ,-(. I know this is JUST a GAME but it get's depressing when you take a lot of time playing to get 50 and ml's and then go Rvr and get frustrated everyday ,-(. No relics, few keeps, No DF even.... Can't albs just be organized like in the other 2 Realms... im Thinking really in quit the game, i dont have fun anymore. The game was intented to be even with the 3 realms fighting each other and get Df and relics out from each other, and this dont happen never ,-( from long moths now, beside the relics we have for some hours some weeks ago ,-\. Really tired of this..... Posted this just to get ppl thinking in what we doing in this server as albions.... Just some thoughts from a saddly player in this game...

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
You mean we can (ab)use our large numbers in NF :)

PS1: Give all relics!!!
PS2: Hope mid and hibs don't drop so low and need to co-op to beat teh zerg :)

Dekker

Fledgling Freddie
I cba to find any exact figures but I suspect Alb's large numbers aint so large anymore....

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
cuz most of the good alb guilds are inactive or left realm and add to that alb is the weakest realm anyway.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
[NO]Subedai said:
cuz most of the good alb guilds are inactive or left realm and add to that alb is the weakest realm anyway.
hahahah u mean the 2-3? fotm guilds consisting of what 30ppl total?
Afaik they where up 3month max then left because they couldnt hack it...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I love the added challenges that TOA has brought to RVR.

You hear a lot of whining about Albs being weak yadda yadda. If you stopped moaning and actually played the game you'd realise that it's perfectly possible to win fights and farm RPs.

We have a hell of a lot of fun in guild groups, in both Odins and Emain...sometimes we rock, sometimes we get wiped...but it's almost always a great laugh and we put up a good fight.

I can't comment on pickup groups, I never do them.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Darksadness said:
Asked this myself allways i go emain... albions allways get wipped out if not in zerg ,-(. I know this is JUST a GAME but it get's depressing when you take a lot of time playing to get 50 and ml's and then go Rvr and get frustrated everyday ,-(. No relics, few keeps, No DF even.... Can't albs just be organized like in the other 2 Realms... im Thinking really in quit the game, i dont have fun anymore. The game was intented to be even with the 3 realms fighting each other and get Df and relics out from each other, and this dont happen never ,-( from long moths now, beside the relics we have for some hours some weeks ago ,-\. Really tired of this..... Posted this just to get ppl thinking in what we doing in this server as albions.... Just some thoughts from a saddly player in this game...

Feeling Down with You REALM ? Feeling even Sadder with you REALM mates.
Come and Reroll ;) Join Hibernia for Fun-RvR and Enjoyment :cheers:
Soulja
Soulbow
Ensnare
Photon
Soulsbot
(Proud member of Exc/Hib Realm)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:

couldnt hack? ild say getting bored of realm would be more accurate.

the best alb grp around atm is FC or those grps made up of AD/FC etc. i think bob will be good with their debuff grp, but the rest come no where near to competing to any of the good hib/mid grps.

but thats the facts, hibs/mids got better classes and stuff and relics. + they got more hardcore players/guilds. so ofc alb is gonna suck.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
MesS° said:

You do know you have to be fotm to fight fotm?
Maybe thats why those 2 or 3 guilds did good, cause they did everything the best way they could. Ask yourself again, what is it, that makes those people succeed and others dont? Its a combination of many things, time spent, realmrank, communication between players, knowledge of the game, access to buffbots.. the list can be written longer.

and to the original poster:
i wouldnt say albion always gets wipped out..
and about organizing things, maybe you need new leadership?
and not just wait for herbal and the others to tell what to do and when to do it. If you want something to happen you have to do it yourself.
The spirit in albion might be strong enough to do something together under your leadership?

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Darksadness said:

Alb class designs is not optimal for 8fg vs 8fg fight. Albion is the realm that has the hardest time combining good utility, defence and damage into an 8 man group. Get a 9th or 10th person to run along with your group. Most hibs and mids actully think this is fair, and it might give you some more interesting fights.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Tinyheals said:
You do know you have to be fotm to fight fotm?
Maybe thats why those 2 or 3 guilds did good, cause they did everything the best way they could. Ask yourself again, what is it, that makes those people succeed and others dont? Its a combination of many things, time spent, realmrank, communication between players, knowledge of the game, access to buffbots.. the list can be written longer.
Even with all these things you listed, an Alb fotm rvr group still has a distadvantage to a Hib or Mid fotm rvr group.
But I agree with Eggy the most, you win some, you lose some, as long as you have fun.
Regards, Glottis

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
As Snoopy once said:

'It's doesn't matter whether you win or lose.... until you lose' ;)

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Glottis said:
Even with all these things you listed, an Alb fotm rvr group still has a distadvantage to a Hib or Mid fotm rvr group.
But I agree with Eggy the most, you win some, you lose some, as long as you have fun.
Regards, Glottis

And i agree with you too, alb fotmgroup has disadvantages, and less utility to use overall in a fair fight. still when im out fighting with the fotmgroup in alb i play with, i dont feel the difference to be huge. just a bit, if the numbers are fair, we have almost as good chance as our enemies to win. and we're still experimenting with setups, but its fun that every fight is a challenge..
it is not, while playing mid. since we do face better enemies at higher rank, playing really good together-

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

You hear a lot of whining about Albs being weak yadda yadda. If you stopped moaning and actually played the game you'd realise that it's perfectly possible to win fights and farm RPs.

We have a hell of a lot of fun in guild groups, in both Odins and Emain...sometimes we rock, sometimes we get wiped...but it's almost always a great laugh and we put up a good fight.

I know what you mean - HG have a Guild night one night a week that is superb fun. The rest of the time I have to either solo or get PUGs - and some PUGs do really well from my limited experiance so far :)

I do find it frustrating asking for a group outside ATK to be met with silence - at the end of the day, a FG is better than 7 players IMHO - so give a Necro some love y'all :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:

If a sorc/caba group is played it's best, it's the best caster group in daoc i think or one of them for sure.Alb tank group can still be decent IF you have 2 ml6+ banelord mercs(then whack 2 casters in or whatever) which you probably know of considering the things you say in your post.(too bad savages have that grapple bug and it's very hard to get on a merc, typical mythic savage boost again?xD)

I think personally rvr matters A LOT on your support classes(theurg petspamming earth pets helps an awful lot on the right targets, i seen many many theurgs nuke mainly and never do this hardly) and that's where mids will win hands down sadly in 1.69.Alb isn't as bad as some say, it's bad for people who can't get the ToA sc they need or high Ml's or even the right groups to fight the set groups out there.If clerics had forceful zephyr it would be nice but then again mythic fuck it up...

Put effort into your ToA sc, ML's and group with people you often have fun with in rvr, you can do quite well, sadly that's what you need to do today. :(

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
If a sorc/caba group is played it's best, it's the best caster group in daoc i think or one of them for sure.Alb tank group can still be decent IF you have 2 ml6+ banelord mercs(then whack 2 casters in or whatever) which you probably know of considering the things you say in your post.(too bad savages have that grapple bug and it's very hard to get on a merc, typical mythic savage boost again?xD)

I think personally rvr matters A LOT on your support classes(theurg petspamming earth pets helps an awful lot on the right targets, i seen many many theurgs nuke mainly and never do this hardly) and that's where mids will win hands down sadly in 1.69.Alb isn't as bad as some say, it's bad for people who can't get the ToA sc they need or high Ml's or even the right groups to fight the set groups out there.If clerics had forceful zephyr it would be nice but then again mythic fuck it up...

Put effort into your ToA sc, ML's and group with people you often have fun with in rvr, you can do quite well, sadly that's what you need to do today. :(

word
:worthy:

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Playing on Albion is a challenge, but thats what makes playing Albion fun ;-)

:cheers:

Darksadness

Fledgling Freddie

maybe tru... my guild is a very smal guild.. we just have 6 ppl now ppll left.... so its even harder to get a decent alldays group.... and ToA require lots of time... that i dont have a lot.... welll i have to stick with it... ,-\ :wij:

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Be patient the promised land is approaching oh yes!

Server Relic Breakdown

Merlin - Albs (6)
Morgan - Albs (6)
Nimue - Albs (6)
Iseult - Albs (6)
Pell - Albs (6)
Gaw - Albs (6)
Gala - Albs (6)

Lance - Albs (4) Mid (2)

Perc - Albs (3) Hibs (3)
Kay - Albs (3) Mids (3)
Palo - Albs (3) Mids (3)
Igra - Albs (3) Mids (3)

Trist - Albs (1) Hibs (4) Mids (1)
Bede - Albs (1) Hibs (4) Mids (1)

Guin - Hibs (2) Mids (4)

Bors - Hibs (1) Mids (5)

Totals.
A H M
60 14 22

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Herbal

No relicraids until what.. September, October mayhaps?

and what you see on us does not reflec eu, or excalibur.
I think this wont change very much, we'll see, but dont bring your hope
with a patch. That is not going to change the attitude of the players.
please herbal go take the str relics now, we want more albs in emain

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
about the 9 or 10 people group.. mids and hibs ALSO get this ability, making them even better. They have no util to add.. the differince is and will excist.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Have you actually consider its actually the noobs who zerg to get afew rps when the fg-rvr-guild is playing vs another fg(other realm) that make them feel they dont wanna rvr that much just to feed those useless clueless adding noobs?.. just a thought, no offence.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
firstly albion doesnt always suck, we are always at a disadvantage its true... but as said it isn't that huge a disadvantage if u go to the same lengths (or similar lengths) that your enemy does.

some ppl take rvr & winning very very seriously: the right ml's, the right artis, the right grp makeup, the right specs, the right weapons and weapon types, the right RAs, voice comms, personal buffbot per player, fixed groups using the same ppl playing the same class day-in/day-out, 28buff abuse to prevent grapple, radar(?) etc etc

others do not take it as seriously.

secondly the big difference i see between hibs/mids and albs on this server is group makeup. alb pickup groups just suck, fullstop. we throw together whatever is around and go out to have 'fun' (aka be farmed by those serious hi-rr groups)

for example u will very rarely see a hib grp without 2 druids+bard and yet some albs grps go out with 1 or even no clerics and many dont have a sorc. your setting yourselves up to fail from the outset. put the time into building a balanced grp and u will be repaid.

ofc mids and hibs have it a bit easier here because they have 1 or 2 setups that are known to work and that is what they build. its not so simple for albion. many many alb setups work... but very few will work vs all opposition due to the niche utility u must choose to fit in the grp or build the grp around.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
btw also, low RR albs should go to Odins, as that is where the low rr hibs go ;)

Emain is the Premier League, Odins is Division One. if your group is just getting farmed in Emain, head to Odins and fight some ppl nearer your experience/RR.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
I think personally rvr matters A LOT on your support classes(theurg petspamming earth pets helps an awful lot on the right targets, i seen many many theurgs nuke mainly and never do this hardly)

in my experince earth pets get BG'ed and then pbaoed to death .. i like ice pet's better

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
btw also, low RR albs should go to Odins, as that is where the low rr hibs go ;)

Emain is the Premier League, Odins is Division One. if your group is just getting farmed in Emain, head to Odins and fight some ppl nearer your experience/RR.

Yeah and whenever you try that there is either not a single Hib/Mid in sight, or there are dozens of shrooms at amg that even kill you before you have time to run through and face them from the other side.. No thanks, Odin's is no fun nowadays, it used to be, but I cba to go there lately..

Spent 2,5 - 3 hours of RvR during primetime yesterday, only got past AMG once, and got run over by a FG hibs right afterwards.. Rest of the runs we couldn't even reach granny's...
Getting more and more frustrated about albs lately, it's worse then it's ever been atm..
And I -HOPE- NF will change something, but i don't expect it to give the edge to alb.. just won't happen that easy imo.

just my 2 cents

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Dordanov said:
Yeah and whenever you try that there is either not a single Hib/Mid in sight

Several FGs roaming in Odins at 7pm last night, so we went and farmed them. Got quiet, so went brefine, farmed that for a bit. Bit more emain til few members had to log, then back to Odins which had 3fg+ hibs camping AMG

:eek7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom