Who's Guild Waring?

Starman

Part of the furniture
Out of interest who is currently playing Guild Wars?

Me I am, and I'm called Mr Starman feel free to poke me in-game :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I am, although i dont really play much of anything when its this nice weather etc :) But its a nice game all the same, will play it more when we get shitty weather.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
orded the game to day :) anyone got any good newbie pointers ?!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:
orded the game to day :) anyone got any good newbie pointers ?!

Well im still a newbie myself, but one thing thats good to learn early is loot management - i.e. what to sell directly to merchants, what to salvage (and what to use expert salvage kit on for best chanse of nice salvage materials), and what to sell to other players directly. Also, make sure you check crafting material traders prices before you sell/buy stuff as you can sometimes make a nice profit by selling at the right time (they will pay more for materials that people havent already sold alot of etc), same thing with runes and dyes.

Also, make sure you do quests for new skills :) Picking up some nice skills make alot of difference, much more than equipment so far anyway.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Well im still a newbie myself, but one thing thats good to learn early is loot management - i.e. what to sell directly to merchants, what to salvage (and what to use expert salvage kit on for best chanse of nice salvage materials), and what to sell to other players directly. Also, make sure you check crafting material traders prices before you sell/buy stuff as you can sometimes make a nice profit by selling at the right time (they will pay more for materials that people havent already sold alot of etc), same thing with runes and dyes.

Also, make sure you do quests for new skills :) Picking up some nice skills make alot of difference, much more than equipment so far anyway.

Okey m8 thx :)

Guess am of to study some loot management then :p

rynnor

Rockhound
If you get any black dye dont sell it for less than 3500 gold and can get a lot more...

Oh and runes of the same type dont stack (wish someone had told me that!).

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I've got to say, the player base of Guild Wars is easily the most stupid and obnoxious bunch of people I've ever come across online. Well, that might not be totally true, but it's certainly been a long, long time since I've been involved in a game where 99% of the people you meet are either a) completely incomprehensible, b) retarded spammers, c) utter idiots or d) all of the above.

It's not terribly surprising given it has no monthly fee, but jesus it's painful having local and/or trade chat channels enabled.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Louster said:
I've got to say, the player base of Guild Wars is easily the most stupid and obnoxious bunch of people I've ever come across online. Well, that might not be totally true, but it's certainly been a long, long time since I've been involved in a game where 99% of the people you meet are either a) completely incomprehensible, b) retarded spammers, c) utter idiots or d) all of the above.

It's not terribly surprising given it has no monthly fee, but jesus it's painful having local and/or trade chat channels enabled.

this is why I havent bought GW, and its a shame realy cause it seemes like a good game :)

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh yeah hah, and to add insult to injury, I can't seem to get the ignore function to work. It'll add people's names okay but they still show up in all the chat. What gives? This is vital to my sanity.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Louster said:

>.<

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Well WoW tought me to turn of certain chats ;) But agree this game has alot of retards ye. Turn off trade and local and its all fine.

Henchies > players in many cases. Grouped out of guild 4 times in 2x20 1x18 and wont do it again. Now just turn off the bloody sun so more guildies come online :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well its true there are more idiots than is usuall for a mmorpg in GW, but as has been said, if you turn off the general chat in the common areas when you dont need it you dont have to read the insane spam (and trade also if you arent looking for something). As for groups, ive actually had mostly nice groups, or at least ok ones. Only once was i in a group where people started insulting each others mothers etc (i was like :eek6: - didnt know people actually did this for real). Mostly people dont talk alot at all when doing missions.

Find a nice guild and do stuff with them, or use henchmen (love those) whenever you can (most missions can actually be done solo with henchmens).

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Find a nice guild and do stuff with them, or use henchmen (love those) whenever you can (most missions can actually be done solo with henchmens).

All up to Thirsty River is ok to solo if you play the 2nd char up (from my point of view at least). If 1st char I think it depends a lot on what class you have. Ele/necro was walk in the park warr/mesm was.....not ^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its alil funny... in other mmorpgs the ammount of noskill, nolistening, badtempered and mean people usually drop off somewhat at high levels as they find it too hard to get there with the bad name they make for themselves, but in Guildwars it seems to be the opposite - had my best groups at low levels, and now at the Acension quests i meet almost only rude and clueless people :eek6: Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom