who will win this season's premiership?

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
my tip is chelsea.

they have made some decent signings this year!!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I don't know about Chelsea...at least they've got a decent manager this time. :)

I hope Arsenal but if they sell Viera it'll be a huge blow. I'd go for Arsenal or Chelsea though.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Well, being a united fan, I should say united and I have a really good feeling about this year. BUT I also think that if chelsea can't do it with this manager they'll never do it. We shall see, I don't see arsenal winning it but it's obivious they will be in with a shot for most of the season. I'd be suprised if liverpool win it.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Chelsea. But only because they bought themselves into the leauge.

Otherwise i'll agree with Doh Boy. Man U if you please and i dont think arsenal can repeat it.

mank!

Part of the furniture
14/1 odds for Chelsea to win the league and with Baros likely to be more involved, the signing of Cisse and the proven record of Rafael Benitez I'd say they are fucking good odds.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I'm confident of Spurs getting a solid top 12 finish as ever!

mank!

Part of the furniture
Jonaldo said:
I'm confident of Spurs getting a solid top 12 finish as ever!

Hurry up and loan us a player you fucking wankers. I doubt you have any idea what I'm talking about with your "big club" mentality...you'll get relegated with that clown Santini in charge. Have fun.

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Liverpool, u gotta be kidding me! Have any of u seen them play!? :twak:

(OK i'll look stupid in a years time if they do win it, but nobody will remember by then anyway, and its not going to happen unless they bribe every other premiership side)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
Hurry up and loan us a player you fucking wankers. I doubt you have any idea what I'm talking about with your "big club" mentality...you'll get relegated with that clown Santini in charge. Have fun.
Where'd that come from? Did I do something to offend you?

I know about the Leigh Mills deal and that we are going to loan you a player for the season as part of the deal. To be honest I'd wait to see if we sign anyone worth loaning first rather than taking on some of the shit we have at our club at the moment.

We won't be relegated, we won't win anything. Just another bog standard also ran season as ever for us.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Jonaldo said:
Where'd that come from? Did I do something to offend you?

I know about the Leigh Mills deal and that we are going to loan you a player for the season as part of the deal. To be honest I'd wait to see if we sign anyone worth loaning first rather than taking on some of the shit we have at our club at the moment.

We won't be relegated, we won't win anything. Just another bog standard also ran season as ever for us.

You're going to loan us a player are you? Well, where the fuck is he then? We've got 13 fit players at the minute, it's only been a month since Mills joined your lot so why are you still signing players when you haven't fulfilled your part of previous transfer dealings?

Fucking "big club" wankers.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
chelsea_home.jpg

Oh and for Serie A in case anyone wants predictions for that

ssu_nik1830.jpg

Go Capello and Emerson.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Who the hell cares about the Serie A.. but I don't see Juve winning it.. Milan more likely cause of their 'ubersquad'

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
arsenal again for prem unless they reallllly makes a lot of mistakes

serie a.. milan by a mile
la liga.. hopefully valencia, aimar just owns you

the coca cola championship shall involve a hammering by the hammers

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Liverpool will have an underwhelming season, and finish between 7-12.

You're gonna see more of the 'little' teams doing better in the Premiership this season, Bolton, Middlesborough, Birmingham are all teams well capable of bettering the likes of Liverpool's mediocre style.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Boro will fly this season, they'll do well in the UEFA cup as well.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Boro? Don't make me laugh! They have signed plenty of over the hill players to supplement their overrated players. Their manager remains one of the worst in the premiership, who incidentally has few scruples and used his position as England assistant manager to 'get at' Ehiogu and Southgate, implying they would have more chances with England if they left Villa.

Mid table mediocrity at best for that lot.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't say Reiziger, Hasselbaink or Viduka are over the hill. They've all proved it at this level and as for saying McClaren is one of the worst managers in the Premiership, that's laughable. You a Geordie or Mackem per chance?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm interested to see how Boro/Bolton/Portsmouth/Birmingham/Fulham all do....these teams are coming close to Liverpool/Newcastle standards I think (Just below the top 3. :D)

It's gonna be an exciting year!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
mank said:
I wouldn't say Reiziger, Hasselbaink or Viduka are over the hill.

I would. Their best years are behind them. To get the best out of Hasselbaink McLaren will have to abandon his 'defence first at all costs' approach and play some decent football.

The man has been given millions upon millions and each year he underachieves. Can't see it being any different this year.

And nope, I'm from the Midlands - a Villa fan through-and-through !

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well I suppose your team had been under-achieving it's entire life, its only natural that you want someone else to do it. I still remember the article in 442 asking if anyone would miss Aston Villa if they dissapeared. The resounding answer was "No."

Boro for a CL spot this season.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Turamber said:
I would. Their best years are behind them. To get the best out of Hasselbaink McLaren will have to abandon his 'defence first at all costs' approach and play some decent football.

The man has been given millions upon millions and each year he underachieves. Can't see it being any different this year.

And nope, I'm from the Midlands - a Villa fan through-and-through !

You don't half talk some shit.

That is all.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Bodhi, I appreciate you are still hurting about Italy's poor Euro 2004. Something which I expected and you flamed me to hell for it. The four weeks following their leaving the tournament were some of the happiest here on Freddyshouse, as you came no where near the place.

Only now when people are starting to forget, for the most part, about your anti-English posts have you been courageous enough to return. I don't have a problem with flamers, but I do have a problem with gutless wannabee flamers. Yes Bodhi, that would be you.

Villa won the European Cup in 1982. We haven't done very much since, apart from a few league cup victories and some top six finishes ... but I support my local team because they are my local team. I don't have to support some foreign team because I am so ashamed of my nationality.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
mank said:
You don't half talk some shit.

Would you say Boro are an exciting team to watch? Can you point out any of their successes under their current manager?

Didn't think so :m00:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't they win the league cup? (Whatever its called this season)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Arsenal to go another season unbeaten. If chelseas players die.

Still, arsenal will certainly win it again, lots of new talent already shining there judging by the Community Shield just played

mank!

Part of the furniture
Turamber said:
Would you say Boro are an exciting team to watch? Can you point out any of their successes under their current manager?

Didn't think so :m00:

Carling Cup, UEFA Cup football and if my memory serves me correctly they've improved on their league position each season. Not bad for a team who have been perennial underachievers and have struggled to avoid relegation despite having money thrown at the club. Perhaps you're mistaking McLaren for Robson? McLaren is highly likely to be the next England manager, which fairly well illustrates the fact that not only do I disagree with you, but so the vast majority of English football fans. I didn't say anywhere whether Boro were exciting or not, I just believe they've made some quality signings and will progress this season. They've got Reiziger, Hasselbaink, Viduka, Juninho, Mendieta and Parlour - all of whom have done it consistently at a high level. with that wealth of talent in midfield and attack, they've also got a solid defence with Ehigou and Southgate as well as the aforementioned Reiziger.

Do you think Villa will finish above Boro, considering Villa have one of the best managers in the country?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom