Who will play Everquest 2?

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
I for one will leave daoc and go with Everquest 2 when it's released. (Does anyone know when btw? Nov.11'th was the last i heard).

Anyhow, i figured it would be nice to see how many from daoc will go for EQ2.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I have already ordered EQ2 - the release date is currently end of november, but this will probably slip if previous MMORPGS are anything to go by

I know of 3 other DAOC players doing the same, however...... we are not selling/deleteting our DAOC accounts until were sure that EQ2 is a good game, have left DAOC twice now for other MMORPGS and been very disapointed, but EQ2 seems the most promising of the lot.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Aye i agree, i wont sell my account until i know EQ2 is good or not.
I'm checking around different eq forums trying to find a good guild to join and get to know the people before the game actually starts/is released.

If you know one, let me know :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Suedish said:
Aye i agree, i wont sell my account until i know EQ2 is good or not.
I'm checking around different eq forums trying to find a good guild to join and get to know the people before the game actually starts/is released.

If you know one, let me know :)

2 RL friends, and 2 work collegues will be playing, so thats 5 of us :) let me know if you find a nice guild, on the other side i may try running one this time around

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
If EQ2 is good, then I am tempted to leave DAOC. One MMORG at a time is enough for me.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Yup Im moving was with EverQuest for 4.3 years since beta so looking forward to EQ2 :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I'm staying with DAOC cos it's fucking ace.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
I'm staying with DAOC cos it's fucking ace.

Fair enough :)

I just cant really stand RvR, and havent been able to since ToA really, so looking forward to the lack of player conflict, the rush to get high level, the need and greed to get the BEST items.

Yeah sure people in a PvE mmorpg will obviously do that, but theres no rush for me but in DAOC you kinda need to as thats the end game.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
GrisomWarshadow said:
Don't you mean "I'm staying with DAOC cos it's fucking arse.? :)

No

If i meant im staying with daoc cos it's fucking arse i wouldn't actually be dumb enough to be playing it. Unlike all the other idiots that bitch and whine and yet still play, i mean how fucking dumb can you get, seriously?

Hi
My name is dumbass, i am so dumb i play this game i hate, i hate everyone in it, i hate the company that runs and i hate the company that makes it, but woe is me because im such a fucking idiot i still feel the need to play it, pay for it and whine about, my life is so hopelessly shite i have no other option?

(not directed at you but i felt the urge to make the point)

Mojo said:
No

If i meant im staying with daoc cos it's fucking arse i wouldn't actually be dumb enough to be playing it. Unlike all the other idiots that bitch and whine and yet still play, i mean how fucking dumb can you get, seriously?

Hi
My name is dumbass, i am so dumb i play this game i hate, i hate everyone in it, i hate the company that runs and i hate the company that makes it, but woe is me because im such a fucking idiot i still feel the need to play it, pay for it and whine about, my life is so hopelessly shite i have no other option?

(not directed at you but i felt the urge to make the point)

Hey leave poor dumbass alone :( he worked so hard to get 50 in alb/pryd

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
Hi

Hello dumbass.

Zede

Part of the furniture
EQ2 does not have RvR, right ?

has WoW got RvR ?

and....did DaoC have RvR from the start ?

If answers are Yes, No, Yes......no contest Cammie Wins ! ( No matter how crap RvR gets, I still like to have a dabble every now and then, even if its just thid )

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:

has WoW got RvR ?

If answers are Yes, No, Yes......no contest Cammie Wins ! ( No matter how crap RvR gets, I still like to have a dabble every now and then, even if its just thid )

Nope no RvR in EQ2, not even player dueling (althought they say this will be added - but NO PvP content is planned)

Duno about WoW - never played warcraft and had/have no intention of

urm and ofcourse daoc had RvR from the start... you are from Earth yeah ? :)

Zede said:

has WoW got RvR ?

daoc was fun in rvr many years ago ;) i remember running around emain with a lvl 20 grp ganking the odd purple avalonian :) quite amusing until they get 1 ae spell off and kill your grp :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Tears said:
Nope no RvR in EQ2, not even player dueling (althought they say this will be added - but NO PvP content is planned)

Duno about WoW - never played warcraft and had/have no intention of

urm and ofcourse daoc had RvR from the start... you are from Earth yeah ? :)

Methinks they will probably have a couple PvP servers like in EQ1, deity vs deity Evil, Neutrals and Good ppls fighting over different zones etc :)

WoW does have PvP content yes and from what i have heard it is good :) Goes on Undead, Horde and Alliance fighting each other, sounds interesting.

EDIT: Even on the PvE servers they had big 'arenas' where you could go in and fight other players, they were kinda like roman colesseums.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Bleh, I just got an EQ2 beta invite but the key is invalid. :(

Camillo

Loyal Freddie
Same here, got my beta mail this morning, but the key isn't working yet.
Client size is 3 gb, btw, plus 2 gb patch-size afterwards :cheers:

Camillo

Loyal Freddie
Yup, started downloading 20 mins ago, and I was wrong, total size should be around 3 gigs, just 44 hours to go :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Downloading too now - got my email this weekend

Cant believe my time at DAOC could be so close to an end, 3 years... and retuned from SWG Beta, and CoH, tried loads of MMORPGS but im confident EQ2 will keep me interested as its all PvE content....... strange sad feelings......

Tears said:
Downloading too now - got my email this weekend

Cant believe my time at DAOC could be so close to an end, 3 years... and retuned from SWG Beta, and CoH, tried loads of MMORPGS but im confident EQ2 will keep me interested as its all PvE content....... strange sad feelings......

Indeed :) one good thing tho i dont think there are as many retards playing everquest :) the simply dont have the intelligence and will probably say its crap because they cant find there way out of the first zone ;)

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
That's what I've found most interresting so far during testing. Pretty much no assholes. Everyone is helpful. Noone is a prick to group with. Compare that to DAoC... and this is also just a beta we're talking about.

Game itself has some pretty nice features, and also some not as good... It's quite unlike anything I've played before tho, MMORPG wise. :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ardrias said:
That's what I've found most interresting so far during testing. Pretty much no assholes. Everyone is helpful. Noone is a prick to group with. Compare that to DAoC... and this is also just a beta we're talking about.

Game itself has some pretty nice features, and also some not as good... It's quite unlike anything I've played before tho, MMORPG wise. :)
Until you joined it!

Maybe i should dl it :<

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
Well I heard they banned .dk. Also, you need an account. :OD

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Ardrias said:

That is what it is always like in restricted betas under NDA. Everyone is just glad to be there and be one of the "chosen few" so they tend to be quite happy and close as a community. Furthermore the need to apply and be selected for a beta tends to weed out most of the obvious fools.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Revz said:
That is what it is always like in restricted betas under NDA. Everyone is just glad to be there and be one of the "chosen few" so they tend to be quite happy and close as a community. Furthermore the need to apply and be selected for a beta tends to weed out most of the obvious fools.

Yup i came accross one guy last night who thaught he was a GM or something running around barking orders, telling people to do stuff... when i reality they had no idea how to "do stuff" he didnt really seem interested in helping people understand.... or testing the game... he just wanted to level and level fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom