Who wants their films hosted?

Flintlock

Banned
Ok, my site is fast becoming the site for DAoC films. In fact I think it might now have taken number 1 spot on most search engines. I played this game for years and it provided so much entertainment that I would like to add to the community and carry on adding films to the site. If you have films you would like added then post where I can download them from here. Can't see how Freddyshouse will mind. Post a few details about the films as well if you would as it takes time to work out otherwise and time isn't something I have a lot of at present. I will do the converting to DivX and sort out the hosting. Any film can be considered. Lets face it a great many have been created and just died a death after. My site will keep them alive for as long as possible. I have 350 Gig of webspace available for smaller films and the rest can be sent up to Stage6. Don't suppose many will take notice of this posting but you never know. Will save me having to hunt around looking for films or at least lesson the need too. Don't forget any film can be hosted of any size and however badly made. Heck my own films are diabolical in quality and I suppose content but they are still important to me and no doubt you consider yours are too. So post away - please :).

Regards
Bluesplayer

Flintlock

Banned
Hey nice website !

This one sure does bring back memories:

Bluesplayer DAoC Player Made Films - Owned

Old style PROPER RVR - Emain

Darn, you picked on a low quality film. Will convert it to DivX format as soon as I can.

Flintlock

Banned
Would like both my videos I've done hosted

Kivwik_-_Encroaching.avi - FileFront.com

PoV: rr4 Shadowblade and rr3 Ranger, again, 1v1s against rr5+.

This is the second one, need to rehost my first one...

Ok. Will get on with it now :).

Flintlock

Banned
Home server setup for transfering files.

I have written a lengthy explanation of how to install a home server to allow file transferring off your own computer. This will bypass the need for your files to be uploaded anywhere before being re-downloaded by me - or anyone else for that matter.

Home server setup for transfering files. - Home

kivik

Part of the furniture
Looks good but the description is wrong, the SB is not RR5, and there's also footage from a rr3 ranger.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Your site fucking r0x, spam it on VN and get shit loads of vids (Stealther vids <3 )

Flintlock

Banned
Your site fucking r0x, spam it on VN and get shit loads of vids (Stealther vids <3 )

Cheers. Slowly but surely is my motto :). Only taken me about 4 years to work out how to go about making a successful site. This one is very much on the road to success I think. Already 40,000 page loads this month! I think it will hit the 100,000 the way it is going. The search engines seem to have fallen in love with it and the site is moving up on searches all the time. On some searches it is number one now - ahead of vn boards and even other video sites. I have seen it beat YouTube on lots of occasions. I can't cope with too many vids though as I have to develop all the site and it ties up my computers to be constantly downloading and converting. Still I seem to have installed most I can find so I should be able to keep up with demand and also upgrade all the low quality Livevideo files too in time.

Regards
Bluesplayer

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
You have a great site going there and i wouldn't mind if you put my zerker vid there. :p
http://www.excalmovies.com/Chandi.zip

I have one question though; My zerker vid is 1024x768. How good will that be on your site?
It doesn't seem to have any DL option atm, or maybe i just can't see it. I've DLed vids posted on VN and then later checked them out on your site, but it seems to be a bit lower quality. Not much, but since i made my zerker vid such high quality, i would't want that to get lost. :)

Flintlock

Banned
I have one question though; My zerker vid is 1024x768. How good will that be on your site?
It doesn't seem to have any DL option atm, or maybe i just can't see it. I've DLed vids posted on VN and then later checked them out on your site, but it seems to be a bit lower quality. Not much, but since i made my zerker vid such high quality, i would't want that to get lost. :)

Hi Zoia

The video should be as good as you have made it after I convert it to DivX. You have probably tried a few DivX videos on the site I should think. If the quality is good to begin with then it will be after conversion. I have started to download your film. It should appear on the site by tomorrow I should think. Not many zerker films on the site so this video is a welcome addition.

I have disabled downloads on the Gaming Videos. Reason being it is very hard on the servers. You can download on the Film Section of the site though. Why I have disabled downloading on the Gaming videos is because I am hosting quite a lot of smaller gaming films and it would be too easy to link to the files and rob bandwidth etc. Whether this will alter in time I am not sure. The Film section is run entirely off Stage6 servers and at the moment they don't mind you downloading. This could also be changed at some stage too. You never know.

Regards

Flintlock

Banned
I've DLed vids posted on VN and then later checked them out on your site, but it seems to be a bit lower quality. Not much, but since i made my zerker vid such high quality, i would't want that to get lost.

I have converted your film using Stoik. I do notice a bit of a drop in quality. I am going to run it through a number of converters now such as Dr Divx and DivX Converter and see if the quality is improved.

Flintlock

Banned
Bluesky vid?

Summer Group 2 is up from Bluesky:

"A series of FG RvR fights from Spritmaster PoV on Dyvet cluster from July 2006. Movie features comedy Intermission and Outro sections with vent chat in most fights. Summer Group realm ranks 5 to 9 during the recordings."

Looks very good indeed with a very impressive intro :)

Bluesplayer DAoC Player Made Films - Summer Group 2

Damn, you lot are getting better at making vids!

Flintlock

Banned
For anyone needing an incentive to post here and get their vids on the site. Nearly 740 videos on the DAoC video section were watched today - a new record :).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just out of interest do you cap bandwidth or have bandwidth charges? I am reviewing the hosting costs for FH and would appreciate any answers you can give.

Obviously if you prefer PM then that is fine with me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom