Who thinks Tron 2.0 will be a populer FPS?

R

RSO:Gray

I'm betting some of you do and some of you don't thats what i think I should address this by posting this topic.

I have been watching Monlith's devlopment of this Movie to video game sequal and tbh it looks Bloody SexeH.

I am a big fan of GL lightcycle games and if They include the lightcycles in MP modes I would love to see a Light cycle leauge or tournament.

[call it BWT2LCL If you will]

But we got outher games comming out soon as well as Tron 2.0

you got Half-life 2 [no doubt a Serios Doom III rivle]
Jedi knights III : jedi academey [I love da JK games]
Breed [nice looking game with HIgh end Gfx]
HALO [long awaited Xbox port]
& the sone relesed
Elite force II [Spock eat your heart out]

IF any of these games have demand for Servers with GAME.net I just hope to see tron 2.0 as one of them /me loved the movie

D

DaGaffer

Saw it at E3 and it does indeed look fantastic. We're due to get code for mp testing soon. I don't think lightcycle is available in multiplayer though (hugely lag dependent as you might image) - we'll confirm that once we've got it.

R

well the Melee light cycles may be a problem due to lag i understand that cos i love playing armorgedtron on the network and when you Lag YOU LAG TO FUCK.

but a Light cycle race maybe wher you do a Al-a mario kart style race useing weapon power ups n stuff. who knows it may make a good mod if its not in the game.

N

nath

Originally posted by RSO:Gray
you got Half-life 2 [no doubt a Serios Doom III rivle]

You've got that all wrong. Doom III is a potential rival to Half Life 2.

Actually, no. It's not. Doom III will be as bland as Quake3/RTCW etc. It'll look spiffy though.

Half Life 2 has the looks (albeit on the surface doesn't look quite as good, there's depth to it, the physics engine is astounding). It'll be a fantasticly involving game like the first, and it'll spawn a ton of great looking/feeling mods because the engine has been designed to be easy to make them with the fantastic physics still applying.

I can't wait, I just need a better computer :)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Deus Ex: Invisible War.

Thief 3.

/me drools.

Doom 3.

/me buys new machine.

HL2.

I think I came.

R

doom 3 will not be MP though from what i gather.

HL2 i'm not shoure about

Thief 3 :eek2:
Um as fir Deus Ex 2 umm i was't likeing the first one

W

Wij

There is no such thing as a first-person-perspective. It is an illusion caused by localisation of fields.

N

nath

Of course Doom 3/Half life will have extensive multiplayer modes. Both are focused around the single player though.

HL2 will be better on both counts.

E

ECA

Doom 3 has MP but not standard style it will be co-op based.

N

nath

Not especially, I'm really not bothered about Doom 3 tbh. It looks really rather bland.

Half Life 2 however..

uNF.

D

DaGaffer

The one thing you're not going to be short of this year is top-notch FPS games. My picks:

Half-Life 2 (of course)
Halo (although I don't think multiplayer breaks much new ground - and yes, I have played it).
Doom III (n.b. it will have multiplayer, but v. limited, possibly peer-to -peer only. id have Quake IV to think about when comes to MP).
Call of Duty (I think it will be better than MOHAA from what I saw).
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Breed
Dredd versus Death
XIII (one of my faves at the show, but then I'm a big fan of graphic novels).
Far Cry
Counter Strike Condition Zero.

M

mank!

I'm betting some of you do and some of you don't

"Apart from their goals, Norway haven't scored"

Colemanballs anyone?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Doom 3 vs HL2

The rabid legions of fans are already getting warmed up, it'll be worse than q3 vs UT :/

N

nath

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Halo (although I don't think multiplayer breaks much new ground - and yes, I have played it).

Halo on the Xbox is HIGHLY overrated. Some levels look fantastic. Some are just: Tunnel>room>tunnel>room that looks the same as the last>tunnel>Room that looks eerily like the last two. Ad Infinitum.

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass
Doom 3 vs HL2

The rabid legions of fans are already getting warmed up, it'll be worse than q3 vs UT :/

At least with Q3vsUT there was clearly an arguement to be had. It was just a matter of opinion. Doom III will clearly be DWARFED by HL2 in physics engine/gameplay/immersion etc. etc.

R

I would say over all Doom III is yet anought shooter with an updated grapics engin

But Half-life 2 OMG

they are useing Havok2 Ragdoll software to animate LIFE-LIKE models even if the models looked crappy the Havok2 side would make it look more real then anything else

Only outher games i know of that will be useing Havok2 is Dues-Ex 2 & max payne 2 :) maybe even Duke nukeum forever will be useing it
cos it seems REAL likely.

P

PR.

I read this on IRC which usually means its been seen by every living organism already, but it made me laugh :)

05-27-2003.gif

R

LOL i bet Id software thought that till some one got wind of HL2

TBH they should of got on board with Havok2 in the first place

and if they do it now this will mean anouther few months wait

HL2 has all the realisum you need in a FPS to make you shit your paints

Cos i know when i first played HL thats what i kinda did

was hell of a Rush

S

Scooba Da Bass