News who thinks this is bullshit spin ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"number of users on peer-to-peer (P2P) noticed illegally downloading music fell by 17% - down to 21 million worldwide."

Fixed it.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
It's probably true to be honest. A lot of people have moved to use spotify (for example). Actually, I really see little reason to download music nowadays unless you are living in a 3rd world country where you can't stream with your mobile.

Chilly

Balls of steel
iTunes, spotify etc make it easy to buy stuff legit. So people do. It's not rocket science.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I still download stuff illegally! though it it's any good I buy the CD too to stick on the shelf or if it's a smaller band I download the album directly from their website, thus avoiding giving money to the middleman (where possible)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
the number of users on peer-to-peer (P2P) illegally downloading music fell by 17%

Could be true. Everyone has moved to direct-download sites, private trackers or newsgroups instead.

It comes as a separate report noted that global music revenues had risen for the first time since 1999

Again that could be true. More likely that piracy has remained the same overall but there have been several artists this year that have sold very well.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I dont download music illegally any more. I dont even download it that much, sometimes I check on Amazon or Play and it's cheaper to buy a cd, so I do :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The figure quoted is total bullshit. There are political reasons for understating the numbers.

But to be fair, I find it difficult to care about what they say either way :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You care the hell out of all of his posts though because you seem to need to respond to each and every one of them. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You care the hell out of all of his posts though because you seem to need to respond to each and every one of them. :)

I like to think i try and answer everyones post with equal annoying persistence *nod*

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tsss even I don't do that any more. must be age. or all the time I spend fapping :(

rynnor

Rockhound
All stats about illegal activities are just guestimates - pick your own number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom