Who playing hib on devon then ?

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
just wondering if any known faces might make a toon there aswell

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Nfd will play Hib when Ywain will born (if ever :eek:).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Nfd will play Hib when Ywain will born (if ever :eek:).

Give replacement Bard/Druid/Champ/Eld/Vamp slot :)

(Me and 3 others are running a lot of small group action currently - but hard to avoid getting run down by the fgs & zergs).

Working on getting our 2 Infy, 1 Scout, 1 Minstrel stealth-lame :wub: group off the ground too - nearly there (most people just missing 1-2 items from templates and the upper ML's).

Everz

FH is my second home
Give replacement Bard/Druid/Champ/Eld/Vamp slot :)

(Me and 3 others are running a lot of small group action currently - but hard to avoid getting run down by the fgs & zergs).

Working on getting our 2 Infy, 1 Scout, 1 Minstrel stealth-lame :wub: group off the ground too - nearly there (most people just missing 1-2 items from templates and the upper ML's)

Would people stop doing this.. just making a situation worse for everyone.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Would people stop doing this.. just making a situation worse for everyone.
So what exactly should my RR5 Infil do vs the full groups, hib/mid stealthzerg (a good example of this was fighting one mid sb on benow bridge (when benow port was cut) last night and got flattened by 4 more hunters), or the occasional RR11/12 stealthers (half of whom are "soloers" who never go out of range of their tower-bound DI bot? A classic example of this is the 2* RR11 rangers who are both melee spec, but will never leave DI range from Crauchon 2 tower...).

I don't zerg by choice - i actually much prefer solo. However, i'm not a masochist and will return zerg with zerg if i cant find any solo!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to the world of being made to feel like a leper because you choose to play a stealth character with friends :lol:

Soulja

Everz

FH is my second home
So what exactly should my RR5 Infil do vs the full groups, hib/mid stealthzerg (a good example of this was fighting one mid sb on benow bridge (when benow port was cut) last night and got flattened by 4 more hunters), or the occasional RR11/12 stealthers (half of whom are "soloers" who never go out of range of their tower-bound DI bot? A classic example of this is the 2* RR11 rangers who are both melee spec, but will never leave DI range from Crauchon 2 tower...).

I don't zerg by choice - i actually much prefer solo. However, i'm not a masochist and will return zerg with zerg if i cant find any solo!

It's the vicious circle though that ends up in the game becoming worse and worse (look at devon's declining numbers), as noone likes to face up to zergs.

Like the 8man running over the solo/duo because they think they will add, so that solo/duo go on to add the 8man out of revenge, which causes the 8man to then run over any solo/duo they see. A stupid annoyance that ends up with people leaving.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
It's the vicious circle though that ends up in the game becoming worse and worse (look at devon's declining numbers), as noone likes to face up to zergs.

Like the 8man running over the solo/duo because they think they will add, so that solo/duo go on to add the 8man out of revenge, which causes the 8man to then run over any solo/duo they see. A stupid annoyance that ends up with people leaving.

Your statement was presumptive that the solo / duo doesn't add...In my experience they do.

It doesn't really matter if the chicken or the egg came first. The point is that 9/10 duos will kill a soloer, 9/10 fg's will run down a soloer, and 9/10 stealthgroups will kill a soloer. Since i don't find dying 9 times in a row to get 1 kill fun, why would i do that?

You're saying i should take the 1/10 and hope everyone else changes. Nope, i'd rather zerg right back at them (and please, don't bring out the L2P argument or similar, we're having a reasoned discussion) as that's more fun then die-rebuff, die-rebuff, die rebuff with no kills.

And yes, i'm aware they will come back with more progressively, but 2-3 dps and 1*CC is critical mass for a stealth-group in my view, you can kill almost anything that isn't a balanced visible FG with quality play with assist, surprise and a minstrel that is awake!

Everz

FH is my second home
True.. i just find it rather lame (from a solo pov) having my action on Devon consist of..

'oh lol look a scout.. its shot me, lets go kill'

-interupts scout and runs-
-scouts speeds and PS-
-3 inf's pa me and scout number 2 starting plunking arrows, die-
-<insert emotes>-

'oh fck this /ragelog'

Theres no way as a solo/duo to counter a stealth zerg, it's boring and its all Devon consists of, like i said, is it any surprise Devon's prime pop has dropped from 2700 to 2200, whilst Killi/Boss and Mord has all shot right back up?

I find the playstyle annoying however i understand the reasoning, but then i ask why not play visual.. oh that right, so they can dodge anything that they know could kill them and pray on hapless duo's/solo's.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
True.. i just find it rather lame (from a solo pov) having my action on Devon consist of..

-scouts speeds and PS-
-<insert emotes>-

'oh fck this /ragelog'

Theres no way as a solo/duo to counter a stealth zerg, it's boring and its all Devon consists of, like i said, is it any surprise Devon's prime pop has dropped from 2700 to 2200, whilst Killi/Boss and Mord has all shot right back up?

I find the playstyle annoying however i understand the reasoning, but then i ask why not play visual.. oh that right, so they can dodge anything that they know could kill them and pray on hapless duo's/solo's.

Basically you're saying if you play a stealther you have to solo. Anyways, i feel your pain, but you can't have it all.

/rant on

It just dawned (duh) on me why old frontiers whas so great in this respect.

Just milegates and portals, so you didnt have any dickheads camping near some tower or bridge, save to return to their di bots/keepguards. To reach the milegates you hade to walk quite a bit. Perfect to ambush people and no di bot is really save. Same goes for the distance between the milegates.

If you wanted to (stealth) zerg, camp a milegate. If you solo'd, you stayed somewhere in between and pick your targets.

Tbh they should put the docks AND THE towers even further out from the keeps and the towers should just be open. That would put some new dynamics in the game!

It's all that i don't wanne die attitude that fkups things for everyone anyway. In more ways then one.

/rant done.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
if towers were open you could nick a keep/relic REALLY fast! Would be great for the irvr community

Everz

FH is my second home
Basically you're saying if you play a stealther you have to solo. Anyways, i feel your pain, but you can't have it all.

/rant on

It just dawned (duh) on me why old frontiers whas so great in this respect.

Just milegates and portals, so you didnt have any dickheads camping near some tower or bridge, save to return to their di bots/keepguards. To reach the milegates you hade to walk quite a bit. Perfect to ambush people and no di bot is really save. Same goes for the distance between the milegates.

If you wanted to (stealth) zerg, camp a milegate. If you solo'd, you stayed somewhere in between and pick your targets.

Tbh they should put the docks AND THE towers even further out from the keeps and the towers should just be open. That would put some new dynamics in the game!

It's all that i don't wanne die attitude that fkups things for everyone anyway. In more ways then one.

/rant done.

OR

just readd OF and make MG destructable plxkkthnx.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
OR

just readd OF and make MG destructable plxkkthnx.

You really need choke points ingame tbh. I know i'm cursing in the church here (dutch saying), but there are a lot of people that want/need to be in a zerg. People that are solo and unbuffed for example seek shelter in the zerg and have no business beeing anywhere else!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
cut ports in a matter of seconds and a lvl10 isn't that big a deal anymore

Yes, but once you have it you still need to defend the tower, cause it can be taken back just as easy. Either way tactically(sp?) the port cutting works in both ways ofcourse.

Also, people will have to walk/roam more, which is a good thing. Especially for Everz :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Damn skippy.

Double the tower-keep distance, remove ALL boats from NF, create 2 additional entrances to each realm from Agramon separated as far as possible geographically.

Problem solved.

I see your pain etz, as i've been there but ultimately on the US servers you either have to be very high rr or grouped to get kills as a stealther. Also the culture takes some adjusting to - as the yanks will dump ALL toys at the drop of a hat (Purge, IP, MoC etc), whereas i'm used to seeing a more tactical style of play from Euro's and holding abilities back in reserve (to the point where i can often separate the Euro's from the Yanks just by who dumps what toys when).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye. because of all that fastfood you know....

/edit: anyway, think i'l stick to alb here, they seem to be the one needing most help looking at /rw :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
aye. because of all that fastfood you know....

/edit: anyway, think i'l stick to alb here, they seem to be the one needing most help looking at /rw :p

indeed they do.. We ran a trio an hour ago and first we got run over by a fgm three times! Then we tried a different location and ran into a 7 man hib grp with rr12 in it

Then we logged off

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie

-scouts speeds and PS-
-<insert emotes>-

'oh fck this /ragelog'

the decline in numbers could also be due to summer and ywain waiting?

I know for a fact that the german 8v8 guilds are waiting on ywain. My grp are on summer break as there is no way in hell 8 ppl are gonna be inside at the computer 3 nights a week during summer time:p

Everz

FH is my second home
the decline in numbers could also be due to summer and ywain waiting?

I know for a fact that the german 8v8 guilds are waiting on ywain. My grp are on summer break as there is no way in hell 8 ppl are gonna be inside at the computer 3 nights a week during summer time:p

Im speaking from people i know who've quit etc :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom