Who knew this?

H

Hargh

We will start with a little trick, not really known, allowing you to give better weapons to keep guards. You can actually give a weapon to any keep guard (must be better quality than the one he is holding currently) and the guard will wield it and use it during battle. Of course, the weapon will disappear if the guard happens to die. You cannot equip keep guards with armours or other items

F

Fafnir

I known it since HH held Bledmeer the first time, when Zebarmy gave our Keep Lord a nice Duskwood bow. :)

Wonder if there is any difference on the damage they do, just like normal chars. Just think lvl 10 keep guards with mp 2h weapons with dot proc. o_O

R

Roo Stercogburn

I knew. I also knew Fafnir knew. Fafnir knew I knew. I knew Fafnir knew I knew but I don't think we knew you didn't know.

F

Fafnir

I also knew you could give them Roo. And keep them happy.

O

old.Belorfyn

When Blackbyrd Family held Nottmoor Faste, few archers and lord had crafted heavy composite bows :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Fafnir
And keep them happy.

Happiness is relative. I think the guards are relatively happy but I don't know if they have any happy relatives.

O

old.Tohtori

Relatives might be relatively happy compared to the guards though.

A

Archeon

I'd heard about it, but i wasn't going to spend my cash on some arc weaponary to find out if it worked or not :)

I

Indiana Jones

i knew it was possible in some kind of way

but i can't get it to work, i drag the weapon to the guard next to me, but he doesn't want that item. I can't imagine that a df sword is weaker then the sword he's carrying atm

R

Roo Stercogburn

However, just because the guards' relatives are relatively happy compared to the guards doesn't make them actually happy since we don't know how happy the guards were to start off with. The guards may have been relatively unhappy compared to their relatives but it doesn't actually tell us how happy they were.

O

old.Tohtori

Yes we do have to think of the fact that the relatively happy relatives compared to the guards might have been relatively sad compared to the guards of the relatives who are relatively happy compared to the guards. So if the guards of the relatives who are relatively happy compared to the guards are -infact- just happy and not too happy then then relatives who are relatively happy compared to the guards are not at all happy which makes the guards who are relatives to the relatives who are relatively happy compared to the guards...*that..and..umm..yes* sad.

T

the_smurflord

At one point at Caer Erasleigh, most of the archers has heavy duskwood longbows, several of the knights has glowy swords and a nice shiny Legion-drop crush polearms was in the hands of Lord Erasleigh (aka "John").

Guild: A scout has just been killed with 35 enemies in the area.
Visit says: <sigh> Let John sort em out.

....and he did. Twice.

H

Hargh

The guards don't have relatives. They are all orphan boys (and girls).

K

Kharok Svark

They might have wives (or Husbands) ... they would be relatives ...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Rumble
Go back to sleep Tohtori

Remotely possible since i'm working but relatively useless since i -am- working. I dunno, might have a shave...s-have? Have shave? Save have shave? Don't shave? Or don't have shave?
Odd....

H

Hargh

Yep think so, being slow tho. Tho being slow has kept some in the know that weren't in the know.

I am at work too :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

Since there is a direct relationship between relatives' happiness and how close together they are it can be assumed that if guards are related they will relatively unhappy as no relative can remain in close proximity to another relative for very long and remain happy because it can be shown that a relative's relative happiness is not constant but decreases over time when in close proximity to another relative.

This doesn't clear up the one remaining question: is the amount of happiness constant, but shared between all the relatives that turn up, or are they just miserable gits to start off with.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
However, just because the guards' relatives are relatively happy compared to the guards doesn't make them actually happy since we don't know how happy the guards were to start off with. The guards may have been relatively unhappy compared to their relatives but it doesn't actually tell us how happy they were.

Roo was talking funny all night on guild chat too - we think he may have bought some new marker pens...

H

Hargh

funny peculiar not funny haha.

why you little!

it's an interesting concept that there is a happiness is a constant, H and the number of relatives divide that constant by the number of the there are, r possibly in an exponential way thus:

h (happiness of individual) = H (happiness constant)/ (rxr)

So if H=100 and you have 3 relatives over then your happiness is 100/9 = 11 but if you have 6 round then it drops to 2.8!!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by parisienscot
Roo was talking funny all night on guild chat too - we think he may have bought some new marker pens...

I was going to comment that this thread was starting to look remarkably like the pretty colours on guild chat...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I was going to comment that this thread was starting to look remarkably like the pretty colours on guild chat...

You mean the Box of Many Voices?

And particulary the Green Voice. Now it is the only one originating from lettuce, thus being a veggie i believe. Very rarely curses, speaks quite interesting facts and is quite organised. Strangely it only speaks to certain "guilds" in different ways that worship the Green voice in various ways.

There's the Orange voice, who originates from the orange fruit in my sincere and honest opinion. Quite sensible voice that one. Does say things like "oom" "oop" "peel FFS!!" and "HEAL!" alot. Quite a nasty tongue it has too. Peel must be a nightmare for Orange voice, considering the past as an orange. Peeling usually did lead to eating.

Nothing like the White Voice who speaks a lot of silly things like "KKTHXbye" and "giv G plz". White voice is ofcourse originates from the fluffy bunnies and those guys rarely were the sane ones.

Now the Blue voice speaks silly things sometimes too, originating from the blueberry of the wicked west it comes as a small suprise like a gift from your Auntie Jean. Mostly things like "AF180 Need FS of Stud svatskodd plz!"

I think the Blue and White voice are related in some way...though bunnies and blueberries only start with the same letter.

Anyway...yes, it's an interesting thing.

S

Sharma

I remember giving a keep guard the legion friar staff and watching him fight with it, was so funny to see a guy in plate fighting people with a staff :clap:

R

Roo Stercogburn

Teh Seal's box of many voices!

rofl I remember that from the VNWhine forums and lots of confused Yanks.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

R

Roo Stercogburn

Forced into hiding I seem to remember since the Yanks finally rumbled you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom