Who hates anti-aircraft MAX's?

G

Gef

ME!!! Bunch of turdbashers, as soon as I see that "Missile Lock: Detected" flashing on my screen I hit afterburn in the opposite direction as fast as possible!

NERF!

W

Wij

Anti-Aircraft actually works ?

That makes it 100x better than BF1942 already in my book :)

O

old.pala hellraiser

The anti-aircraft MAX are good yes and the TR lock-on missle launcher (striker), but you have to remember that an anti-aircraft MAX is good for taking down aircraft and that's it. There damage sucks against ground vehicles and troops, if you keep getting locked on, tell your squad and get them to deal with him/her before going back :)

D

Deadmanwalking

If u fly a reaver you deserve to be shot down those spammy untalented losers.

:(

S

Scooba Da Bass

Hey, don't forget to say, once again, that anyone who flies in games only does so because they want to be in the RAF!

O

Old_Bean

Nah the only reason people like to fly is 'cos it's the quickest way to get to a fight.

And it's bloody mental when you're flying on afterburner through trees!

F

Faeldawn

AA max is gr8 vs planes, but useless vs troops and poor vs other vehicles, tbh i hardly ever see them in game.

If ya wanna nerf summit, nerf the reaver which is powerfull vs any target :)

B

boondock

omg the "nerf" post already beginning?

the game isnt even a week old!

Damn you board-whiners

O

old.pala hellraiser

LOL Boondock did you actually read what we said?

Only 1 person has called for a 'nerf' and that was the person that made the post :)

B

boondock

but the word "nerf" already being typed after 2 days after release . :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by boondock
but the word "nerf" already being typed after 2 days after release . :)

Its Barryswhine, what do you expect :)

G

Gef

Teehee .. i'm just trying to keep up the age old DAoC traditions damn you!!

When I typed that post my tounge was firmly in my cheek btw ;)

F

Faeldawn

Bury the past, leave DAoC at the door and enter the utopia that is Planetside BW Forums!!

P

[PS]Venom

For some reason my AA MAX never seems to hit anything... expect crazy people that don't use afterburners.

T

Tenko

As a talentless Reaver pilot :p I can vouch that AA only works when the flyer is doing the old hover and strafe. At speed you just hit afterburn and fly nap of the earth.

P

[PS] Glaive

Hate to state the obvious but without AA it would be a turkey shoot for reavers. I also agree with Faeldawn AA MAX's are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard against vehicles + troops.

S

SilverHood

get yourself teamed up with 2 AA max'es, 2 AI maxes, 2 AV max'es, 1 medic, 1 engineer... one has to drive an AMS, one has to fly a galaxy

head to sanc bubble, and park the ams out of sight

then stand in front on the road, and when the enemy galaxies leave the bubble... wham! dead

good for a laugh ;)

T

Tenko

I find also that I earn xp quicker as a grunt rather than as a Reaver pilot. The flying is fun and really can annoy squaddies in the open but if they have AA you just have to leave them alone!

I'm finding that unit types are pretty balanced, not sure if they're all equally fun though :)

M

Meatballs

3+ reloads to take out a galaxy with the NC AA Max. Thats with all the missiles hitting and other friendlies firing at it too :(

Then again it takes like 8 missiles to take out a reaver, if they dont burn off. I enjoy it when someone puts together a "pilot" group and you have a constant supply to take down, but other than that its pretty zzz :p

Managed to go from BR10 -> 11 in about 3 hours due to a constant supply of reavers attacking a base. 200 exp for the reaver, another 70 for the pilot = muchos exp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom