who has a zalman flower?

T

Testin da Cable

and what do you think of it?

I have a dragonorbIII on my XP1800+, and the hooge amount of noise it produces has finally managed to piss me off heh.
Anyone been using the so called 'silent cooling' gizmos floating about our www?

T

Testin da Cable

I found a place here in holland that sells 'em.

Methinks that I should prolly be getting the ZALMAN CNPS6000A-CU ,this one to be precise.

O

old.Dan_the_man

They aren't much good dispite their appearance. The fins extend too far to be of much use.

heres a review

Note - the lower the C/W the better the cooler.

W

Will

I have one, and I like it a lot, pretty quiet, but it's only rated to a XP 1900+

T

Testin da Cable

the fan sounds almost exactly like what I have in mind. the only thing I'm afraid of is that the fans will extend so far out that they will inhibit the placing of - or come into contact with the other components of my system.

W

Will

It's not a problem. The fan mounts on an arm that uses the side of your PCI slots to mount. Certainly on my system it's well out of harms way.

T

Testin da Cable

ah cool :)

and the 'flower' itself? how big is it? I'm man enough not to cry if yours turns out to be bigger than mine you know ;)

W

Will

It's huge, a very sizeable chunk of coppery goodness.

It fitted on my motherboard no problem (Abit KR7A-133) though, and the fitting is very secure.

I'll do you a low quality pic tonight if you want.:)

W

Wilier

Amazingly I got one last week. Mrs Wils fed up with the chinook style hover noise, so Im doing a whole load of quitening.

Got mine from Quiet PC and its rated to xp2200. :D

S

Summo

Tcsh. Always nay-saying, Embeh. :p

I bought one of these a few days ago and my 1.4GHz CPU is running at 48C idle with the fan speed turned up to max. Under silent running (slower fan speed) it hovers around 51C which is higher than I was expecting (and higher than I paid money for).

That said, I suspect there's something going on in my case. A few months ago the temperature of my previous 900MHz CPU suddenly increased about 10C or so and its running hot with this new CPU as well. Possibly dust on the components, but now I've managed to get the flower on I'm buggered if I'm going to take it off again.

H

Happy Go Lucky

It actually added a few celscius to my system, tho its probably coz the thermal compound dried up before the long period I actually put it on. hope to re-apply it when I get a faster cpu or more (thermal compound?!)

I also dont like the fact no extra mounting is supplied if you decide to add a extra fan to cool the vga card, which it clearly highlights in the instructions.

T

Testin da Cable

right, I'm getting one. I'll let you know how things work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom