White Wolf sue Underworld/Sony

D

Damini

White Wolf are in the process of suing Sony and Underworld claiming that the film steals ideas from Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocolypse and also a script that was published in White Wolf.

Good luck to them, I should imagine Sony would have enough lawyers to fend this one off. I personally thought at the time it was first being advertised that Underworld was extremely similar to Vampire the Masquerade, even the game being released was called Bloodlines (VTM's new game to be released soon is called Bloodlines too)

Link here:

http://www.white-wolf.com/News/underworldrelease.html

T

Testin da Cable

aye, I read about this. seems above-average dodgy imo. the lovely penny-arcade did a column and a strip about it

D

Damini

To be fair, without having seen the film, I do think White Wolf have a case. Vampire the Masquerade have set up an entire history and world, and although the secret world of vampires existing in our world is a common theme, there is a lot in the premise of this film that is similar to VTM. Have to watch the film to make any firm judgements, but as someone who used to love Vampire the Masquerade I'll be interested to see how this one pans out

S

stimpy

I wonder how many kids started school thinking you counted in a Transylvanian accent.

I'll be checking out the film anyway, kate beckinsale in leather can't be all bad.

E

ECA

Good good, just wish some more japanese animators would sue Disney.

Lion King / Atlantis they got done for.

I know lion king got settled out of court, with a silencing agreement, not sure about atlantis.

T

Testin da Cable

I'll watch it :) tdc has quite a soft spot when it comes to evil beasties hehehe :D

A

Arnor

im with white wolf in this one, also doesnt help that ppl that have seen underworld think its utter complete parp :\

and i was kinda looking forward to it :rolleyes:

Y

Yaka

Originally posted by ECA
Good good, just wish some more japanese animators would sue Disney.

Lion King / Atlantis they got done for.

I know lion king got settled out of court, with a silencing agreement, not sure about atlantis.

they did? got any links to site that covered it please

X

Xtro 2.0

Underworld has Kate Beckinsale in kink0r gear so I'll be watching it. If its crap so what, 90 mins of my life big wow.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
Underworld has Kate Beckinsale in kink0r gear so I'll be watching it. If its crap so what, 90 mins of my life big wow.
I used to work with Kate Beckinsales niece and she worked in a local pub for a while. Actually she still might do but I never go in there as it's a shit-hole.

T

The Kingpin

Ah Vampire the Masquerade, such a great game, with a great story line and the legendary Christof Romuald!

I do enjoy the modern twist of vampire undergrounds in the modern world, gaining control under the very nose of the humans..

Oh, in the mood to putting blade on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom