White names in 1.70

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any way to remove the white names over heads except using the original skin?

Wanna use my custom skin.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
its a bug that was on NF beta gorre also. goa said they would fix it.. guess not.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's also mentioned in the news as one of the known bugs

Darzil

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
This is the worst bug ever. The names goes blue, white, yellow (like mobs), grp color and guild color, all randomly. Tho guldies got right colorsos mostly. Really a pain to mess when u dont know who u have target. Hope this bug gets fixed within a day, as it kinda ruins half chance to use last attacker and nearest eny succesfully

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Really annoying bug as you can't even see who you have targeted, as everyone is the same colour now. I spent 10 seconds trying to hit someone before realising it wasn't him I had targeted :D

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
Really annoying bug as you can't even see who you have targeted, as everyone is the same colour now. I spent 10 seconds trying to hit someone before realising it wasn't him I had targeted :D

yup yup yup. so annoying... a hunter was shooting me and did /face manytimes till i noticed had wrong target ^^

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I stopped 'testing' on Goore because I found it unplayable with this bug - it was there for 4 weeks and they didn't fix it, I wanted NF as much as anyone but this is truly annoying thing to let onto live servers :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's annoying but I didn't really notice it after a while - maybe it's because I was playing away from the zerg so not so many people to be white (once you select and deselect them it fixes - I held down my "nearest friendly" key at sauvage heh ;))

Does using the default skin fix it?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin the elitist anti-zerg 1FG guy? :p

I truly have seen everything now :wub:

The white names are incredibly annoying for such a simple bug: simply because its very different to what we're used to. To answer your question it doesnt seem to be related to choice of UI: had it with both the default (on Gorre) and custom (on Excal)

Guess we've got Mythic to blame for this one: its been known since day 1 of testing on Gorre and yet still isnt fixed. Perhaps its not as 'simple' as it seems.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed the bug on Gorre and hoped it would be fixed, what worry's me is that after this long on Gorre its still not fixed i hope we don't have to play a month like this.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It's not just a rvr issue as I had it on mobs in Cammy Hills too (the only mobs I really noticed yesterday)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Javai said:
It's not just a rvr issue as I had it on mobs in Cammy Hills too (the only mobs I really noticed yesterday)

Correct, it seems to happen to anything that has a name above its head. That is why it is prooving so difficult in tracking down the cause of the bug (because it's so random).

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Correct, it seems to happen to anything that has a name above its head. That is why it is prooving so difficult in tracking down the cause of the bug (because it's so random).

I'm sure you guys are doing all you can to fix it - and I should say that although it did effect my standard of play (with the exception of my gt wizzie who didn't care :)) and lessen the experience it sure as hell didn't stop me having fun :)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't notice this until I was actually RvRing, since I play with all friendly player (except guild and group members) and mob names switched off... I did get slightly confused when it appeared I had 3 members of the enemy group targetted! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom