[WHITE LION] White Lion impressions

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Making a separate post for all of us that have decided to roll a wl. So far the numbers of wl i saw on t3 scenarios and on t4 now, are limited and i was wondering if ppl start dropping this career and rerolled to something else.

My impressions so far for the wl career are mixed. At first i thought that the wl would be the opposite of the marauder. Now i can definitely say that it is far from it. He cant dish out the insane amount of damage that the marauder will, but in the end game i think that it will have the fonds to be a very high utility interrupt class as long as they fix the huge problems with the pet.

Concerning the mastery paths, so far the axeman has disappointed me and i am currently using the hunter path.The amount of damage you make in the scenarios is descent, plus when you spec the whirling axe, you can actually chain kill 4-5 mobs in pve which is quite good.

On 40 (rank and renown) i have 3 possible setups that i shall test.

Hunter/Axeman/Guardian:

16/0/10
0/16/10
10/0/16 or 11/0/15

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Heya,

Currently rank 22 WL on Karak Eight Peaks.
I think people drop the career mainly because of the bugged pet (bad pathing and getting stuck) and possibly because it's not one of those careers that are welcome in groups in the higher tiers.

I like the career alot and while it's true what OT mentions about damage, the pet is full of utility and can swap it's abilities at the touch of a button. I also thought the WL as an interrupt type career, disrupting enemy healers and ranged dps. Maybe more so when going down the right Mastery Path and Throat Bite at rank 35.

As for masteries, I just dumped points Axeman, since I use those abilities the most. But I'd like to hear any higher rank WL for their experiences at tier3 and tier4.

If the career is unwanted in end game, I'll consider rerolling. But for now it's great fun.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Played WL on higher levels a bit.

If you are able to command your pet correctly and 'time' attacks and interupts good, your class has a very very high utility.
It's an interupting class with very decent dps.
With charge your the first to run in on fg vs fg (yes not the tanks!:O)!
You will have to select various ranged enemy's to keep em busy in very short time.

WL is very cool class and very fun to play.
ps. you dont need a 1337 setup to win, it's all about how you wanne play and you can make a group with allmost every setup be a winning group.

communication is the key for WL.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
WLs are gold in tor anroc for order since destruction has a shorter path to the bauble. The wl is able to run straight through the lava and survive giving order a huge edge there. From what i tried in the beta, i noticed that the WL is excellent at fuxoring sorcs, shamans and other hybrids...against a tank its a losing battle really... having the pet to fuck over zealots self healing etc is gold... i did nicely with my pet back then interrupting the healer with the pet and going straight at the casters which are quite squishy against the almighty axe :) in a way, the WL is the only class that can go up against a healer + caster combo and have a fair ground to stand on hehe

Fast

Part of the furniture
Dies to quick, average dps, whats the point. 2h IB :drink:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Dies to quick, average dps, whats the point. 2h IB :drink:

low levels yes

watch higher level ability's.

and we die because lack of enough decent healers.

Because, 99% of the healers out there atm are uterly crap players.
I play one myself and i have no problem keeping players alive who charge in.

If i see healers with 10k dmg and 10k heal dmg i say wtf where you dooin.

Tier 1 i reach about 20k heal and tiers 2 sometimes over 100k
dunno what other healers are dooin tbh. I never played healing chars befor as main, so i know im not that exclusive.

[no offense to healers here who do know how to play their char]

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
how the hell do you manage to heal +100 in tier 2?! i play a runepriest and tbh in tor anroc i rarely get above 70k healing...even though im constantly spamming big heals and rune of resto...

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
low levels yes

dunno what other healers are dooin tbh. I never played healing chars befor as main, so i know im not that exclusive.

I have had highest 70k in t2 or something and then I spammed heals full stop due to us being outlvled hard.. Usually 30-50k in a game we win easy (which most of them are if we run with friends) Going over 100k must mean you were only healer on youre side in a scenario that lasted very long?

As for WL, Im gonna pick it up again now after patch to see if its improved. The class itself was good fun even with bugged petcontrolling.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
low levels yes

WL is a paper tank, they drop in seconds because they try and go toe-to-toe with 4-5 enemy DPS at once which is a tanks job.

Speaking as a healer if a WL kites and doesn't over extend they are relatively easy to keep alive, problem is most think they are as tough as ironbreakers, which they aren't.

Don't pile this all on healers when most WL's have no idea how to play their own class effectively in a group environment. You have no idea how much time i spend chasing WL's and WH's around scenarios because they have chased something small and fuzzy half way across the map straight into a group of enemies ;)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
In addition, WL needs to know when it's in tough shit and use Submission and get the hell out. And yea, I think the role is mainly for disrupting. Healers have troubles with the fat heals and such with a pet on.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

you know, thats not only a white lion issue. but even WITH decent healers you die to easily.

the pet while ok in pve is pretty pointless in pvp because of its craptastic pathing and general ease to get rid of in just a few seconds.

the problem most white lions have in pvp is that they dont assist their pets. they set it on a random healer and then go charging in on some melee group and gets slaughtered. and then, no healer can save it no matter how much it wanted to.

white lion pets isnt the killing machine it used to be in beta. its quite fragile now and NEEDS to be taken care of. because any healer/caster with its head attached to its shoulders wont even care if its only the pets thats munching on him. sure it may be a slight neuissance(sp?) but its absolutely not the interrupt tool pets are in DAoC/WoW. its a damage add, nothing more.

same with squig herder pets. tho slightly more important to have alive then white lions are, but as far as i know white lions buffs stay active even if the pets are dead, SH's arent.

Athrun

Fledgling Freddie
If you are able to command your pet correctly and 'time' attacks and interupts good, your class has a very very high utility.

as others said so much of WL utility relies on your pet being alive.. once you start playing regular vs good groups with a clue they will take your pet out asap (and it drops fast) and their goes all your "very very high utility"..
atm WL seems a broken class to me :/ cant really see much reason to take a well played WL over a well played WH despite the WL having better survival chances.
can see WL/SW getting a boost in future patches, and probably slight nerfs to WE/WH so if u really enjoy the class then have fun, but i would personally start looking for a new dual wield dwarf picture for avatar angelheal :p
and very decent dps compared to what? xdddddxddd

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
how the hell do you manage to heal +100 in tier 2?! i play a runepriest and tbh in tor anroc i rarely get above 70k healing...even though im constantly spamming big heals and rune of resto...

euh dunno just do it xD

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

I usually came out of T2 with 70-100k (although i had some absolute disasters along the way to the tune of 10kish and sometimes less), T3 my best so far is 146k (but im only a lvl 23 RP) and T1 at level 2 i was coming out with 20k and often top of the scenario just by spamming insta heal and insta hot for 15 minutes.

It's all down to knowing how, when and who to hot/heal/group heal etc. Also knowing when to use your level 1 morale ability and when to use your level 2.

Some players only heal their group mates, if i have the time i'll hot other players and often i'll properly heal other realm mates providing my group is ok.

In T3 i hot players as soon as they start taking damage, absorb buff the one i can see in the most trouble, then spam either group heal or single target large heal depending on the situation while keeping a close eye on all friendly players and my morale levels. You need to know roughly who has what hot and how long it has to run before it needs recasting etc. Also the leaping hot is handy as it's a quick cast and heals reaosnably well in conjunction with the insta ans 2-sec castable hots.

Keeping track of your group mates is hard, but essential. This is where a group on vent is invaluable.

REZZ THE DEAD! Loads of healers don't bother and it's criminal, rezz em, hot em, heal em up and get em back into the fray asap...there is no penalty for the resurrected so get em up!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Imho the main problem of the class is the pet:

bugged pathing
bugged control (never ever obeys you when u try to disengage it from target)
bugged pet styles (pet needs to be literrally on top of the target in order to launch the abilities)
keeps despawning for no reason
randomly gets stuck in the last loc of its target
dies with barelly 3 hits in T4
the rare chances it gets the correct path axis requires a tactic slot in order to chase properlly a running target (Speed Training)
****disapears when you mount****<--- this is a killer for open rvr
some of the mastery special abilities dont even work (pet stun works half the time)

Considering this, I stopped caring to summon the lion in rvr and gave up the utility it has (snare and armor debuff, the rest are just a mobile dot) in order to take the 25% dmg increase from Loner. This way, with decent gear and a proper weapon, I can say Im able to put some dps on my targets...

sad but true

Datus

Fledgling Freddie
i like the WL.
I love cats in real life and having it arround is company when soloing.

I have specced guardian as it suits my style of play and its good damage.

U

Umenrelle

White Lion

WL arnt the worst class in the game to be honest. Sure they cant take lot of beating but they have a nice survival rate when it comes to pve. Wl are really fun to play in rvr and Scenarios becuse they are hard to master

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
They need a few things then they will be fine

1 pet needs to stay active while mounted, It's a right pain to resummon the lion every time you dismount. When you consider pre 20 WL is the order fast class, once you get into T3 order have disadvantage as Marauder is still as fast as ever, but WL has that pet summon delay after dismount.

2 Too much utility comes from pet, also WL have a bunch of PVE only abilities, like swings that cause threat drop for team mate, they should give one of these swings a snare effect so your not dependant on pet for snaring (and thats pet in trained to threaten only anyway) - again compare this to to Marauder CC. Personally I don't think WL needs as much CC as Marauder as WL seems a bit tougher to compensate, but should have some CC that isn't pet dependant.

3 Pets stats need to scale as a % of WL stats, especially T, I, WP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom