whine @ lag / packet loss / ld

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
today i ld'ed more than 10 times...
maybe want to give a look at ping plots

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that looks nasty...

10% packetloss on the first hop out from your lan - not good.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Same happend to me, loads of LD and red square lag today.
Even went LD once and came back and lost ALL my Qbars.. good thing theres something like a system restore because the backups I made didn't work :(

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
lookin at those ping plots dont mean shit to me.....dont understand em.....but the brief period i was on today it was pretty damn laggy......not good.....aint got a great connection...but my comp can handle anythin daoc throws at me no sweat.....so from what i can make out its either the servers or somethin between....which is known as open transit??

Drizzt

Fledgling Freddie
thats the french connection lines they need replacement or at least maintenance; when was the last time they checked them???

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Drizzt said:
thats the french connection lines they need replacement or at least maintenance; when was the last time they checked them???

When the French last won a war ;)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
that looks nasty...

10% packetloss on the first hop out from your lan - not good.

amazingly how fast did u notice 10% packet loss on my 1st hop but not the 50% on wanadooportails-1 and excalibur itself

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'd recommend changing the samples to include to greater than 10. It'll make the upper graphs show things a bit clearer. My gut feeling is that you were getting a small % on the first hop, and more from Opentransit, but it's not entirely clear from the graph.

The reason Flim picked on the first problem was that it's generally how you start debugging this stuff.

Darzil

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
anioal said:
amazingly how fast did u notice 10% packet loss on my 1st hop but not the 50% on wanadooportails-1 and excalibur itself

if you have problems on your first hop it'll affect every other hop as well.

There are general lag problems at the moment (I'd guess OT have issues again but I've not done any pingplots yet to check that it's not blueyonder or whatever as it's not been quite annoying enough - just the odd freeze here and there) - but if your own ISP is sucking as well it's harder for anyone to make use of the pingplots ;)

I'm not meaning to diss your pingplot btw - just trying to help locate the problem - might be your ISP has problems as well as Opentransit so you get two lots of connection lag. Keep taking those pingplots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom