Which Sim City?

C

.Cask

I haven't played Sim City since I had the original on the Amiga. I remember it being pretty good but had problems like being able to cheat with the taxes and for some reason all my cities would decline over time and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Anyway I've been feeling the urge to play the game again but am not sure which version to get. I was looking at the Sim City 4 box deciding whether to buy it but was a bit worried that all the extra knobs and buttons they've added would detract from the main game.

Sim City 3000 was also on the shelf but was still pretty expensive for an older game and I didn't want to waste the money if 4 turned out to be better.

Anyone know which I should get? :)

S

(Shovel)

I have 3000 and 4.

I never got into 3k, there were some issues with the graphics on my system - possibly an XP problem.

It was widely recieved as "Sim City 2k but prettier" at the time.

Version 4 however I really do like. Not played it for a little while, but I really like it. A lot of detail, very thorough, lots of nice little touches too. Integration with The Sims is also more than just a gimmik (provides some nice feedback from "the man of the street, doesn't require the Sims to use this btw).

A very nice game I think.

S

Summo

I built a city in 4 but fuck me I wanted sktcrapers and high-density luxury apartments. I'm my mother if I managed to get the bastards to build them. I reached a plateau, and it became clear that the only way to get a really good city would be to create other cities purely as industrial or residential zones, and link them somehow. I ditched it after that.

In conclusion then, SimCity 4 is the only way to go.

S

Slug

Sim city 4 is the best by miles, you can make your own islands up and everything, and not in the gay way that the other sim citys let you.

M

mr.Blacky

1. the simple way it played was much more fun, it even made me buy SimWorld. I gave it up after that.

C

Custy

Sim City 4 is quality, its very hard tho.

You better have a fairly good puter tho cuz the game starts to run slow when you have sky scrapers

S

Sir Frizz

I have SC3000, i have played it for 5 whole minutes. Please, someone...help.

S

]SK[

SimCity on the SNES was class, never managed a Megaloplis though :|

T

Tenko

SimCity3K when using the european tile set is cool, especialy when you set fire to Liverpool :)

SC4 looks the mutts nuts but I've just not played it as much as the other versions. As said above its very hard to make big high rise cities without continously expanding the population by making other cities.

I prefer to make one city and tinker with it making it prettier something very hard to do in SC4.

C

.Cask

Originally posted by Tenko

I prefer to make one city and tinker with it making it prettier something very hard to do in SC4.

That sounds more like my kind of play style. I think I'll go for 3000 seeing as it's a fair bit cheaper. I'll most likely only play it a few times.

Basic version is only £5 according to the GAME shop so sounds like a bargain :)

S

]SK[

I like it how on the SNES version the public cry if you go above 7% tax.

N

Neural Network

I still enjoy a good game of Sim Ant once in a while. No other game quite like it.

T

Teh Krypt

Ive only played SimCity 3000, originaly got it to build mcdonalds on every street, of how nieve I am :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom