Which Realm?

D

Danamyr

In a bit of a quandry ATM, and need a little BW style direction :)

In the year I have played DAoC, I've flitted a number of times between Alb and Mid on Excal.

I really cannot decide which Realm to stay in, and it's very frustrating!

I played in Albion for 8 months or so, then went to Mid, then left because I missed Albion too much :)

I love the Mid characters, but prefer the Alb landscape :) (and why is Mid so dark all the time? ;) )

The only two characters I'd be interested in playing on Alb at the moment are an Ice Wiz and an Armsman. But I have a real problem with the attitude of some of the less mature in the Realm. I know most Realms have their fair share of idiots, but I seem to get more irritated by them in Alb for some reason.

I have a number of characters on Hib Pryd already, and that's great, but I need to be able to go to a different Realm from time to time.

The characters I have played in the past are:

Minstrel
Paladin
Scout
Necromancer
Fire & Ice Wiz (Not higher than Lvl 10 though)
Cleric
Armsman

Zerker
Shaman
SB
Healer

Suggestions please, as to what Realm I should concentrate on, and why. ATM I have a Lvl 30 Arms in Alb Excal.

L

loxleyhood

Quandry is too big a word for barrysworld. You'll kill half the forums carrying on like this.

Anyways I played Midgard briefly leveling a warrior for bgs, and I only got to lvl13 because the land is so damned depressing.

For me hibernia is too cute, midgard too ugly. Albion is juuuust right.

As for people, shut yourself up in a nice guild.

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Quandary is too big a word for barrysworld. You'll kill half the forums carrying on like this.

Anyways I played Midgard briefly leveling a warrior for bgs, and I only got to lvl13 because the land is so damned depressing.

I am in a great Guild at the moment, but recently have spent all my time in Hib Pryd getting my first Lvl 50 character, so I haven't been here really to get to know them all.

I also know nothing of Lvl 30+ XP spots in Albion. Although I spent 8 months here when I first began playing the game the highest character I had was Lvl 31.

I agree with your comments on Mid though, the landscape is depressing, and daylight seems to last only 5 minutes there :( The characters are absolutely superb though (well, the ones I've played anyway).

I am starting to think I'll stay in Albion - we'll see. I think the final factor will be how difficult it will be to get my Armsman to Lvl 50.

Thanks for the reply though mate - it's greatly appreciated.

S

Stina Handfast

Midgard is not for wussies, indeed. Stay out.;)

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Stina Handfast
Midgard is not for wussies, indeed. Stay out.;)

LMAO ;)

I'm not a wussie, I just like to be able to see what I'm doing :)

O

Onedda

dont matter what realm u join they GIMPED

:)

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Onedda
dont matter what realm u join they GIMPED

:)

Okay - my wife would love to read that - she's always moaning at me to pack it in and watch some crap on TV until bed time ;)

B

becana

In my oppinion you made your mind for mid m8.. if u think mid got the most fun classes too play, then go mid. U get tired of every landscape after a while, and hey after lvl 50 u gonna hang out in emain anyway, so :) Go for the most fun class in your oppinion, that is the best in the long run.

X

xplo

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Quandry is too big a word for barrysworld. You'll kill half the forums carrying on like this.

I played a warrior to 21 first to ;>

V

vargen

Join Midgard for better RvR experience and tactical playing.
Join albion if you want to spend the rest of ur life at amg.

imo.. stay in Hibernia, hib is cool.

K

kirennia

Originally posted by vargen
Join Midgard for better RvR experience and tactical playing.
Join albion if you want to spend the rest of ur life at amg.

imo.. stay in Hibernia, hib is cool.

No no, hes wrong

Join Midgard if you want an easy ride.
Join Albion if you want to play where perfection is the only way to win a fight...
Join Hibernia if you want a balanced realm :D But please don't roll a chanter....far too many of em around :(

G

Gewny

Originally posted by kirennia
No no, hes wrong

Join Midgard if you want an easy ride.
Join Albion if you want to play where perfection is the only way to win a fight...
Join Hibernia if you want a balanced realm :D But please don't roll a chanter....far too many of em around :(

ROFL easy ride ? maybe to lvl 10 or so, no realm is as overpowerd in pve as hib (helo can u say chanter ?)

No join Mid if ure made of the real stuff, u will die alot but instead of moaning and whining like the other realms u will laugh about it and try again.

Mid is the melee realm, meleers love to deal and take dmg....

L

leoric

Originally posted by Danamyr
I love the Mid characters, but prefer the Alb landscape :) (and why is Mid so dark all the time? ;) )

Stay mid for the fun classes and turn the brightness/contrast on ya monitor up :p hehe

On a serious note though, Go with what feels good, I have a small attention span, And used to change class in alb all the time :|

R

rynnor

You could always try the Midgard SI lands - better cash/drops and has a different feel to the old world?

V

vargen

Originally posted by kirennia
I think that is more like..
Join Albion if you want to play where skill and teamwork is irelevant and zerging + outnumbering is the way to "win".

btw :D is this turing into a flame war?

D

Divinia

Originally posted by vargen
I think that is more like..
Join Albion if you want to play where skill and teamwork is irelevant and zerging + outnumbering is the way to "win".

btw :D is this turing into a flame war?

think the username "Mistaar. Generaliser" is free for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom