Which race have what strenght? :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Yo.

Started out EVE and loving it so far but...

I have searched around but never really found any clear answers anywhere so here goes!

What strenghts does the different races actually have? And does the subraces have different strenghts? Ive been told Caldari's missiles and shields are good so far but thats all i know :/

Im looking at stats and Amarri deffo seem strongest overall because of the gimped Char (which i dont think im gonna have much use of tbh).. but, i wanna make sure.

So, anyone that care to inform me alil bit? :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well, there really is no "best" race in EVE. It's maybe only what attributes and skills that you start with, but other than that it doesn't matter.
What matters however is what ship types you aim to fly. Since technically any character can fly any ship in the game, race is only for the stuff mentioned above and roleplaying or looks.
Amarr/Caldari/Gallente/Minmatar ships all have their strengths and weaknesses.
A short breakdown is:
Amarr
armor tanking, many low slots
guns is lasers (heavy reliant on cap)

Caldari
shield tanking, many medium slots, however some ships can be armor tanked or passive shield tanked
guns are railguns (uses some cap), many ships missile specialized

Gallente
mostly armor tanked
offense is a combination of drones, railguns and nos (cap drain module)

Minmatar
very diverse, many ships suitable for either armor tank or shield tank
guns is projectile weapons and some missile

That is just mentioning the ship bonuses. Always play on a ships bonuses. Don't think you are smart by armor and shield tanking a ship. Or using lasers when a ship has missile or railgun bonuses.

As it looks now with the new expansion (Revelations, Kali 1) coming up, Amarr ships look to get the short end of the stick.

And yeah, it's all about attributes in the start. If you plan to fight alot, go high perception and good willpower, but don't gimp intelligence completely. If you want to be an industrialist, go high memory and intelligence, with decent perception. There are lots of better places to read about this, try the eve-online.com forums, best pointers to information there.

//Uncarian

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
No probs :)
I've helped a few FH'ers settle in the universe of EVE. Just evemail Uncarian for any more questions

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
Gallente
mostly armor tanked
offense is a combination of drones, railguns and nos (cap drain module)

You missed Blasters .. they are the main form of attack for many Gallente ships, Gallente are the up close and personal race.

Blasters do an absolute tonne of damage but the range is awful, you literally need to be down your opponents throat for them to work.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ah yeah. I said railguns(long range) instead of hybrids (general description) and blasters (short range). Which might not be technically correct from my side :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Gef said:
You missed Blasters .. they are the main form of attack for many Gallente ships, Gallente are the up close and personal race.

Blasters do an absolute tonne of damage but the range is awful, you literally need to be down your opponents throat for them to work.

And auto-cannons are not up close and personal?

^^

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:
And auto-cannons are not up close and personal?

^^

dont think u can get anymore up and personal then with autocannons.. :) my T2 have a opted range of about 1200 meter... >.<

old_pihlss

Fledgling Freddie
mostly attributes are the most important when creating the char
and those attributes must be consider what you aiming for in eve

+ mail Pihls XIIX if you want more spec.. info ingame ofc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom