Which NF RAs

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
So which RAs are people going for in NF? Divine Intervention sounds like the fotm healer RA :p

I'll probably try this with my cleric:

AugDex 3 - (+22 Dex - should give ~340 Dex with my SC)
MCL 2 - (+50 % power restored non-combat, 180s resuse)
Purge 1 - (5s delay, 15m RUT)
Divine Intervention 2 - (+2000 healing pool group buff, 10m RUT)
Perfect Recovery (+5 % HPs,Endurance,Power resurrection, 5m RUT)

That needs RR6, I'll probbly save the next 15points for DI3... maybe test some passives like Ethereal Bond in the mean time.

RA calculators are here and here

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
I heard hibbies are getting some overpowered realm abilities that allow them to interrupt casters 100% of time in keep sieges. One is called TWF, the other I forgot. Unsure how they work. Need to read up on it more.
Thank You for the RA calcs links :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The Banelord line has some interrupting abilities... but I think you meant Thornweed Field, which can be used by Reaver, Warden and Bonedancer. Ichor of the Deep is a similar RA, open to Necro, Sorcerer, Valewalker and Shaman.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well sos is nerfed :'( dunno what mincers are ment to do not having an uber ra :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Charge 2, purge 2, det 4, IP 2, aug str 3, aug qui 2, pain 3 and some toughness/aug con if i have spare points xE

Might go charge 3...do not think it's worth it for this server though.(drop det to 3 perhaps and go charge 3 could be good)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
charge is a good RA, used very well i hear.

I wanted PR3 for my cleric.
guess thats going to have to wait till i'm RR7 or 8 :)

Guess i'll go PR2 , DI2 , purge1.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Making people spend 15 points on purge alone is nuts :( So going Purge 2, Pbaoe 2, the rest undecided, but us paladins got nothing but a slap in the face with NF RA.

Calgacus

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
well sos is nerfed :'( dunno what mincers are ment to do not having an uber ra :)

SoS nerfed??? Bugger! I recently got my mini to lvl 50 as well :( Is it true they are nerfing FH as well? If so I may as well not play my chars :(

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
make a friar mate ;)

Static tempest 3 FTW

Won't be long until Venerable is RR5 = whirling staff Oo

reflex attack nice too

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Thorn Weed Field 3, and banelord 10 reaver for the omfgm8slolwtfpwn :worthy:

prolly get purge 2 too :)

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
The Banelord line has some interrupting abilities... but I think you meant Thornweed Field, which can be used by Reaver, Warden and Bonedancer. Ichor of the Deep is a similar RA, open to Necro, Sorcerer, Valewalker and Shaman.
Exactly. When I was reading the VN Boards, I got to a thread that was saying its impossible to defend a keep thats being assaulted by hibs with Wardens and Valewalkers using those two ML abilities.
It also said Friars and Reavers are very very useful when it comes to countering that.

I'll be RR4L0+ when NF comes out, no idea what abilities to get for my wizzy. Most likely MoM3, WP3, Aug Dex3.. and that leaves me with 0 pts. So no MCL/Purge. Probably will have to go MCL,Purge, Aug Dex3, and a little bit of MoM and WP. Not sure.

Simba

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking on:
Mop3
Mastery of stealth 4
Second wind 1
purge 2
viper 1
vanish 1

Low RR stealthers will suck hard with nf becase mastery of stealth needs only 20 points and without it they will allways get spotted by high rr stealthers.
And minstrels dont have this RA (R.I.P) for them in solo :(

Sajspurs

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the earlier post in NF us pallies got screwed.
I will probably go with ignore pain 2, purge 2, mob 4, mop 4, vehement renewal 2, determination 3 wrath of champions 1

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I have played so many classes now on gorre that my eyes hurt xD

Have to say that rr5 sorc RA seems a bit strong when facing it Oo , mastery of stealth 4 is a must have for stealthers too, charge 2/3 is a must have for light tanks, blademaster rr5 ra rocks, merc one sucks because i am sure it breaks mezz (it's decent solo probably, haven't tested it much yet).Been hit by caba pets for absurb damage like 600-700 with that juggernaut ra.

I been playing a sb on gorre for a bit, first time i played an assasin and it's damn hard vs buffed wankers on there who think they are good but most only do good due to the buffs :p i pa'ed a minstrel who was buffed and i am unbuffed, it uses sos and runs xD

Alb seems to have the best ra's i think, i am probably not going to get IP 2 on merc, it's not as good as current IP, infact half as good.Pain 4 seems decent, aug str 3/4 is nice and the nerfed prevent flight sucks ass except on my zerk it was pretty good.Static tempest is apparently one of the best ra's people are saying which friars/thanes/champs get.I also tested merc on there as thrust with 1409ws unbuffed(1536 as slash) , his damage variance was bad and style bonus seemed lower but ws wasn't much lower, perhaps thrust damage per swing is calculated one time from str or dex stat?(i know ws of thrust is 50/50 but i am talking damage here)maybe random each time hmmm confuses me.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I tried a Healer on Gorre and Perfect Res1 seems a waste, doubt I'll buy it as those 5 points would be better spent on MoC1 or some other RA imo.

I haven't been able to test Divine Intervation properly(there's no message when it heals someone). The 'Heal Pool' lasts for 20mins and the RA has a 10min re-use timer. So you can activate the RA and if 10mins pass before you have a fight, the spell is ready to be used again. Giving the potential to use it twice in one fight. If someone has DI3(3000hp), that will give the group 6000hp uncasted healing.

Unless I've got something totally wrong here, a mid group with three healers + DI3, who use it twice in a fight will give their group an 18,000hp healpool oO - That's in the extreme maximum though :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I think its like a group buff.
If one person can't have it twice, so the healing pools is down to 12000 :p

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
That pool spreadheal will not save anyone from /assist nukage. I tried DI2 and the delay was nerfable to say the least. It will however work great where minor damages are involved (bumping 3-4 people in your group from 70% back upto full from pbaoe damage for example). As for Perfect Rezz, since normal rezz is 50% power i found it nice to have, especially because it cannot be interrupted.
But i only tried it for 3 days, so cant say i thoroughly tested it.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Tested DI 2 last night and was not to sure if it worked at all, since as Escape said you get no heal message and 1/2 my group was dead and the buff was still up (so had no idea how much it heal'd for if it heal'd at all). PR was bobins aswell (at low levels)

Tank wise after seeing the evil un-purgeable RS (speed decrease + other Poop) Veil Recovery seems a good RA to get now (level 3 = 60% reduction)
Agree with Sycho about IP (for group based tanks atleast for Archers mini's still could be usefull). I think Aug (stat) is a waste of points, small damage increase and would rather stick points in AoM for magic dam absorb. Also empty mind 3 and seems very nice combined with AoM but need to test it more. Det total waste of points.

Had Static tempest used against my group (Prydwen Posse ;>) and it seem'd well worth the points, usefull in both offensive and defensive situatons (nice for blocking off area's (gate house's etc).

Stealther wise Vanish 2 and Mastery of Stealth 3 seem'd essential to assasins purge seem'd a waste of points if you have vanish. Mini was fun RR5 ability was usefull in DF vs 10 million caster pets, lack of MoS did not seem so bad if you had IP2 up, SoS still was usefull.

Over all had the most fun on DAOC for ages (give 1 week extension!!) and just shows how fun the game can be.

This Weekend caster time !

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Why is determination a total waste of points?Oo i would get lv4 max but no higher, good mid fgs will cc your non stop otherwise(purge 3 is a waste)....even happens to me at the moment with lv5, aug str 4 is around 9-10% more damage too for a slash/crush merc aswell as the extra ws vs shield/high evade targets, i am not too sure about avoidance of magic, with charge 2/3 you will use that mainly vs casters anyway to stop being nuked out in 3s or so.Reflex attack 3 i haven't tried yet.

Perfect recovery 1 seems not worth the points too, tried it on my healer and didn't like it at all, the class seems to need as much power as possible(raging power 1/2, mcl 1/2 and perhaps some ethereal bond, but actives are very nice for a healer, not tried DI yet, just got it though)

For an assasin, i would get mastery of stealth 4 MINIMUM, my sb had lv3 and i could be seen by archer classes now and then but when i got 4 it rarely happens.The rr5 sorc ra seems a bit too powerful and probably the best one i seen so far.On my merc i think i will be going:

Aug str 3
Pain 3
Toughness 2
Longwind 1
Det 4
Charge 3
Purge 2

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Turns out that the most l33t ability is Serenity 5. Pretty much like FoP :D

Dorac

Fledgling Freddie
Just wanted to add, higher MoS does not negate others MoS, they will still see you from just as far away. It will only allow you to see them at further range as well.

Had MoS3 on my Gorre infil, and I think that's as far I'll go.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Debating which way to take my scout atm, Falcon's Eye 5 deals a truckload of extra crits when buffed but I would only have MoS1 and couldn't get MoS3 for another 350k. Saying that though I made 170k in 2 days on Gorre so it might be worth the risk. Guess I will use those free respec stones and see.

selim_segor

Fledgling Freddie
Calgacus said:
SoS nerfed??? Bugger! I recently got my mini to lvl 50 as well :( Is it true they are nerfing FH as well? If so I may as well not play my chars :(

Don't go mate!! Im here for ya :fluffle:

selim_segor

Fledgling Freddie
Scout rr6, Im thinking of Trueshot 3 and MoS4 but might scrap Trueshot and stick some nice passives in and IP...

Paladin i will be going for at rr6, Wrath of Champions 2, IP2 Det 3 MoP3

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Why is determination a total waste of points?Oo i would get lv4 max but no higher, good mid fgs will cc your non stop otherwise(purge 3 is a waste)....even happens to me at the moment with lv5, aug str 4 is around 9-10% more damage too for a slash/crush merc aswell as the extra ws vs shield/high evade targets, i am not too sure about avoidance of magic, with charge 2/3 you will use that mainly vs casters anyway to stop being nuked out in 3s or so.Reflex attack 3 i haven't tried yet.

Yes but Empty mind 3 seems a far better choise (+30% resists) than Det 4 (only 20% + <25% base> reduction for 20 points compared to old Det 90% for 22 points) .. downside is it lasts 45 secs. Plus with purge now on 15 min timer rather than 30 mins its gonna be up much more.

AoM 3 (10% passive spell damage absorb) + Empty mind 3 (+30% magic resists) + standard Sc and Resist buffs (50% ?) = 90% Spell damage absorb ;> (Empty Mind and resists stacking? will need to check this)

With the res sickness effecting movement speed by 20% (?) if you die it basicly renders you useless (RvR sickness cannot be purged remember) so i would consider getting Vail recovery 4 (80% RS reduction) .. if you have spare points free

At RR 10 you should have no trouble dishing out damage, but with current caster damage i would work on a RA template that will Keep you alive long enough to dish out that damage.

For instance i would go for @ RR 10 (not that im RR 10 ofc ;P)

AoM 3 - 10% spell damage reduction
Empty Mind 3 - +30% magic resists 45s every 600s
Purge 2 - 15 min
Charge 2 - 5 min Unbreakable speed 2
Vail recovery 4 - 80% RS reduction

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta say though, in addition to my point a few posts above, Midgard will benefit the most from active healer class RA in NF since they run 3 healer + shaman groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom