Which new RA for my Cleric?

H

heilel

I have MCL and Serenity.
I'm playing a lot of RvR with my Cleric These days.
So which RA should I get next?

H

heilel

I was also considering Purge, which would be nice so I can actually DO someting about getting mezzed or Faith healing for the extra insta heal.
But yeah, BoF looks great too.

So you think BoF would be the best out of all of these?

K

Karnage

I would have got BoF first, then purge. Then go for the power RA's

Not a lot of use having lots of power if your group dies in 2 hits and you can't heal 'cos you're mezzed :p

H

heilel

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
Not a lot of use having lots of power if your group dies in 2 hits and you can't heal 'cos you're mezzed :p

Yeah, I guess you're right.
If I see a big fight about to happen I can just hit BoF and then it won't be so bad even if I DO get Mezzed.
Then yes, I can save up for Purge to save my own butt..:D

M

MesS°

This was the way i did it...

MCL II
BoF
Purge
MoH II
WH I
RP
AoM I

Edit: Raging power not Wild power doh...

E

Eggy

Originally posted by heilel
Faith healing for the extra insta heal.

Clerics don't get faith heal?

If you mean Battery of Life, it heals for 1070hp total, doesn't heal yourself, and is basically pants in a tin.

Get BoF, then Purge etc...

H

heilel

Originally posted by Eggy
Clerics don't get faith heal?

Don't they? I thought I saw it on my RA list in game.
But maybe I'm wrong, as I've been looking at them online as well.

If you mean Battery of Life, it heals for 1070hp total, doesn't heal yourself, and is basically pants in a tin.
Get BoF, then Purge etc...
Hadn't really considered Battery of Life, but thanks for the heads up.:)
Yeah, it looks like BoF is my next RA..

O

old.Prof

Went first purge and only then BoF (always having to do it differently :p)

They're both pretty much essential and after that it's Raging Power and MoC you're going for.

Don't buy any smaller RAs (like WP, MoH, etc) unless you have the 4 big ones (BoF, Purge, RP and MoC).

O

old.Ramas

Assuming you are rejuv go BoF.

Immeadiately.

tbh I don't find much use for purge while healing - because I'm normally standing far back enough not to get mezzed unless the group is totally overrun. And it that case you die anyway.

After BoF a littel wild-helaing/MoH is nice, then work on the cheap but effective passives, AoM I, Toughness I etc.

Don't get BoL. BoL is crap.

A

Ambulance

I agree with Abel, i went Purge first as standing around mezzed while the rest of your group gets killed isnt much fun.

Then BoF, RP, MoC etc etc

A

Asha

I would say MCL, Purge, BoF. Purge helps in alot of situations - for instance if your mincer uses SoS, you still can't heal or stun if you're mezzed unless you purge.

I am going for MoC at rr5L4..
so purge, bof, aug auq. 3 (require fore MoC), MoC
Going to miss MCL for those 3 lvls :/
Then MCL and WH, aug dex, AoM, aug Con etc.

I don't think I would go for raging power when you can get pots for that.

If you aren't 50, then I would go for BoF before purge.

H

Hit ^_^

id sas mcl>purge>bof>random stuff >rr7+ moc.

bof is nice but purge is better as it can be used even if your mezzed/stuned a mezzzed/stuned cleric dont heal that goood and have a hard time getting bof on :p

A

Asha

moc 4tehwin!!

I hope or I will be organising a dragon raid :(

btw anyone besides herbal have it? :p

O

old.Prof

IMHO RP >>> MoC

Got RP first and used my RA respec to get MoC and tbh so far I'm not that impressed - and I have been using it for a while now, it's not really the "uninterruptable for 15 secs" I was bought into :(

I ran into far more instances I have to use RP then MoC, and using mana potions has a number of practical constraints which make it less handy in a fight then just pressing RP.

Now don't get me wrong, MoC is still a very powerfull RA, but also a very expensive one, and one I personally don't really use all that often (I use RP all the time though).

A

acei

You've done fine in your decisions upto now with MCL and serenity, i'd go for BoF, then serenity 2, then the rest is upto u :) (although wild healing is a must imo :p)

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by old.Prof
IMHO RP >>> MoC

Got RP first and used my RA respec to get MoC and tbh so far I'm not that impressed - and I have been using it for a while now, it's not really the "uninterruptable for 15 secs" I was bought into :(

I ran into far more instances I have to use RP then MoC, and using mana potions has a number of practical constraints which make it less handy in a fight then just pressing RP.

Now don't get me wrong, MoC is still a very powerfull RA, but also a very expensive one, and one I personally don't really use all that often (I use RP all the time though).

I was trying to tell herbal it's useless but ;)

N

noret

You get 2 free RA respecs, not sure when tho.

My plan was:

• MCL1
    purge
    BoF
    <specced some cheap RAs to test them then at rr4.9 respec to: >
    MCL2+RP
    AA2
    WH2
    AA3
    Mastery of the Art1
    aug dex1
    Toughness1
etc...
Then respec to MoC at rr7.3 if i ever get there (will leave only mcl2, rp, purge, bof and moc. maybe not, still thinking ;) ).

Serenity, Mastery of Healing and Avoidance of Magic doesn't worth even ONE point for cleric and there is NO free points before rr7.3.

A

Asha

why useless exactly?
I am thinking I should wait til I can have mcl 1 at least tho, no point in having MoC w/o power..

Raging Power doesn't appeal to me. I don't see the point of spending 10 points for something you can get with pots plus MCL. Also, on 30 min timer? No thanks. Maybe I'll try it later...

Dunno, we have one of the best RAs, bof, but I would like something fun like aoe snare ^^

F

fl_gorre

all depends on how activly you see yourselve Rvring with your cleric

mcl
BoF is second Ra to get especially if your not 50 yet , it comes very handy when your pve grp seems to get intoo trouble
Purge
MCL2
RP

this will get you all the way to R4L9
every self respecting RR5ish cleric should have these actives imho
only MH1 and seren1 are worth it to get before RR5

from then on spend points in handy passives
WH is first in line
aug dext /mota to boost your casting speed a bit
moh (max 1point)
serenity is nice to especially when you got no sorc around to pot you(or a potionbot)

if you'd end up being near RR8 you could consider lf a RA respec stone cuz saving 14points for MOC while you have many other passives wich will make your healing a lot more effective
as long as you play it smart ( find a good spot to heal from not drawing much attention from enemies, runing to a shield tank in your grp or to your grpcasters incase you got agroo and using your instas wisely ),their wont be many occasions where MOC will acually be needed to save your grp

cast your dps buffs incase you got a greypet on you that you can kill it yourselve in a couple of wings
insta pbaoe mezz to get a spreadheal off with agroo(you just might get lucky with no resists)
insta pbaoe dd if your grp gets mezzed and chanters start to pbaoe
become a treehugger: you will love trees or any other spot wich makes you less visible for teh enemy
put charges on your shield to interupt something casting at you
sprint out of range when being nuked
go stand between your casters: they will help you if you got agroo and you can do teh same for them: sometimes a stun is better to cast then healspamming him till his QC timer gets back up
keep your grp in eye and anticipate :start healing the moment 3zerkers are running after your caster
if you got a sorc in grp always have him selected while roaming
etc etc

life expectensy enhancing RA's such as aug con toughness arent really such of a must imho
if you manage to get hit or nuked your useless to the grp anyway
aom1 might make you feel more confortable but there it ends

F

fl_gorre

ow yeah and dont get MoA
if ppl in your grp are whining about buffs etc tell em to roll a bufbot then

H

Hit ^_^

btw moc gets interupted by amneia and hibs got insta that :p
pretty anoying.

H

heilel

Just to clear thing up, I already have serenity 2 (and MCL) and I'm lvl 50 and have my Epic armor.

So it seems the view is I ought to get either BoF or Purge.
I'll probably get BoF, which is a really nice RA, then save up for Purge next.

B

belth

And 4x savage, 2x healer, 1x skald, 6x shammy doesn't work either.

H

Herbal Remedy

just fyi i have moc bof rp mcl 2 purge aug acuity 3 at rr7lvl3 bof+moc+spamming spread heal for teh win imho ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom