Which monitor to buy?

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Well i got my £150 refund accepted (see the other thread in this section about dead pixels), so now i need another monitor.
Got upto £200 max and must be sold in a store so that i can check it first for these dead pixels. Would prefer it NOT to be widescreen, dunno why im just too used to square, but please show me your widescreen argument as to its advantages to try persuade me.

If anyone can advise me one and maybe a link to it on a stores website or something it would be greatly appreciated. Thankie!

edit - PC World, Currys, Dixons, Comet are all local to me :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm well.. I cant help you with stores, every time I go in somewhere like PC World I get the impression they cba to sell anything and all their stock is old and overpriced (same impression for most of them stores).

I know you had a bad pixel experience with online ordering, I would normaly recommend novatech online for most PC stuff, I bought my TFT from them a week or so ago, they have a no-messing-around replacement system in case the pixels strike twice, very reasonable prices, and ive yet to have to return anything. You can call into the store I believe, think its based in portsmouth.

Nothing to recommend a widescreen in my eyes. Not if you intend it for gaming and PC use as opposed to just watching widescreen pron.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Samsung SM-940BF 19" LCD Monitor - Silver/Black (MO-041-SA)
The Samsung SyncMaster 940b Series is a 19-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD monitor delivering crisp, clean text and bright, vivid colors. The SyncMaster 940b Series display offers the option of using either a digital or analog interface for viewing images and text. The Digital Video Interface (DVI) ensures a shaper, cleaner image and a more accurate representation of the original video source. Since video starts out digital in a PC graphics card, the digital output is directly interfaced to the digital input of the LCD panel and always provides the optimum quality image. In addition, no adjustments are required with a digital display, even when randomly changing resolutions. Input connectors for this display include 15-pin D-sub and DVI-D.

- 1280 x 1024 Optimum Resolution
- 700:1 Contrast Ratio
- Viewing Angle 160° horizontal, 160° vertical
- 2ms Response Time
- 300 cd/m2 Brightness
- One Analogue Input
- One DVI-D Input
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty

Full Specification

Price: £174.99 (£205.61 Including VAT at 17.5%)

linked from overclockers.co.uk, but probably find them for slightly higher markup in somewhere like dixons or currys

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
novatech - You can call into the store I believe, think its based in portsmouth.

it is based in portchester (just above portsmouth) you can call in and i also believe they have JUST opened a new outlet in bristol.

they are always a no mess place to return things to, i've returned countless things to the poor bastards, including plenty of stuff that worked fine, but i just didnt like the product when i un-packed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom