Which is the strongest of the 3 archer classes?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Scout, Hunter, Ranger?

Which is the better at killing visuals?
Which is the best at killing assasins?
Which is the best at killing other archers? (assuming both are roaming stealthed) (scouts are obviously the better snipers)

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
scouts scouts and erm scouts no doubt about it, tho rr9+ hunters pretty solid, all you rangers smell of pee. like the rest of hib.

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
lo pee ridden filth :), stop nearsighting me ya gimp, bloody 1.5 mins picking my fingernails every 2minutes sux

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lathoniel said:
lo pee ridden filth :), stop nearsighting me ya gimp, bloody 1.5 mins picking my fingernails every 2minutes sux

:D

was a fun fight the other day at crau docks, nerf all your abilities :p

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I would say a class, wich you can fit all the styles, abilitys etc on one QB to have a 100% win against anyone in 1on1 would be the stronget class?
You figure out wich one..

Funkybunny

Banned
Ogen said:
I would say a class, wich you can fit all the styles, abilitys etc on one QB to have a 100% win against anyone in 1on1 would be the stronget class?
You figure out wich one..
hmm.. slam bow critshot fz ip shapechange... what are the last 4 for?

Kais

Banned
Funkybunny said:
hmm.. slam bow critshot fz ip shapechange... what are the last 4 for?

assist, rude, laugh and disembark macro? :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
censi said:
Scout, Hunter, Ranger?

Which is the better at killing visuals?

Ranger

Which is the best at killing assasins?

Ranger

Which is the best at killing other archers? (assuming both are roaming stealthed) (scouts are obviously the better snipers)

Ranger

Ranger can kill all classes; except perhaps boneys and necro's. Can kill boneys with mezz-poison from friendly nightshade (dont need disease really then), cant kill necro unless necro screws up; necro cant kill ranger unless ranger screws up.

P.S. Censi you screwed up badly against my RR3 reaver; dont use FZ on shieldtanks while he's approaching; shieldtank can basically strafe all he wants coz he will block arrows regardless. The enervating on your weapon was abit Zzzz but then again I think a scout pushed a few arrows in u at our fight so i guess that evened it abit :p

Tilda

For necro, surley, stun pet, FZ shade? or does FZ not work on shades, i dunno.

Tilda

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
For necro, surley, stun pet, FZ shade? or does FZ not work on shades, i dunno.

Tilda

you won't zephyr the shade far away enough to make the pet die, have to run it opposite direction and hope the necro is a noob who doens't pull back the pet

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its definetly not a stealthed scout whine.

I dont think scouts are necesarily the best, its highly situational. I think they got it reasonably balanced.

Worst thing still is the underperformance of BC and PF. PF is basically the worst spec line in the game. BC is ok just for the blue insta pet, all be it a buggy pet. Whereas shield is like a great line for a scout and important to spec it.

Id have to say a hunter for me probably wins it. in the Archer V archer in open field, mainly cuz his pet stops the scout slam and crit shot and forces scout into dick swinging contest which the scout will loose. Hunter V ranger well lots of peeps would back the ranger, but I would say a well specced hunter can really dish out obscene amounst of damage (lots of poor hunters do really sux donkey balls in melee though, which has given hunters a bad reputation).

so in archer V archer i would say hunter is best.

In killing visuals in the open field, I would say Ranger maybe. dunno, there aint much in it there.

In sniping definitly the scout. just cuz they have arrow immunity which is a big advantage. Range helps a tad too.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i think they all can, it comes down to the player. hunters aint as gimped as they make out.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Scout, Hunter, Ranger?

1. Which is the better at killing visuals?
2. Which is the best at killing assasins?
3. Which is the best at killing other archers? (assuming both are roaming stealthed) (scouts are obviously the better snipers)

1. Scout. Good range, access to nice slow bows, good self defence in shield.
2. Scout. Shield, Slam\Critshot on assasins must be nice.
3. Ranger. People who say Hunter spear does good damge often forget it is a 5.3+ dps weapon, I'd say DW out performs spear, but I'm guessing.

It's all a bit wooly really, as it is all dependant on Spec (Mele v Archery), RA's (purge, IP, PD etc) and ML's (PS, FZ). Many many hunters are not specing BC for the blue con pet as it doesn't do enough in combat.

For damage output the ranger is probably the best, and this is reflected on the PvP servers as the ranger is the most picked archer, although self buffs probably sway some of this....

Level 50 Archers...

Code:
	Camlann	Excalibur
Ranger	74	213
Hunter	27	248
Scout	24	282

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i would have thought it would be a ranger for the assasins and other stealthers.....

Duel wield natural bonuses > shields (so that covers scouts and in the process explains why they have more chance vs assasin classes than scouts)

also since large weps get natural penaltys vs evade (i think) and rangers only defence is evade on paper they should beat hunters.

i guess the amout the bow is used vs visuals is kinda dependant on the player and "visuals" is to diverce a catagory to make a decent judgement realy so for this part its situational and player dependant.

Thats my late night not very knowledgeable opinion ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
large weapons halve the enemies parry skill...

it's dw that counters evade, so rangers are more likely to land things on assassins.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Melee wise, I'd have to say all 3 archers can do about the same dmg over time.
Range wise, Scout would have to be the best towerhumper with the range, altho dmg is around the same as rangers, hunters lack in this area.

Relics is the main thing, which ever has them out of the 3 will of cause be the strongest.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:
Melee wise, I'd have to say all 3 archers can do about the same dmg over time.

I would love to see the logic how a S/S scout can do same dmg over time as a dualwielder or someone swinging a 2H weapon.

What you're saying is that a merc does same dmg overtime in melee as a S/S armsman.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I would love to see the logic how a S/S scout can do same dmg over time as a dualwielder or someone swinging a 2H weapon.

What you're saying is that a merc does same dmg overtime in melee as a S/S armsman.
But is Slam/CS mele or . . . ??

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
when hitting each other, the damage won't be too far off.. considering you block quite a lot, even with the dw penalty

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
i think they all can, it comes down to the player. hunters aint as gimped as they make out.

Friar > hunter , well used to be anyways :(

Stupid BB's

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

True a ranger will deal more dmg up front, but a scout would block alot more hits, giving it time to deal the dmg.

Note, I said dmg over time, not up front dmg.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Range wise, from a hunters point of view, i'd say Scout (Lathoniel u hurt, damn u...), and engage (block arrows) and slam/crit are just a bitch (/endwhine)

Not too sure about rangers, hardly see any about anywhere imo...

Hunter pet is a bit of a pain, but must admit, the 32 BC insta (L41 pet) does actually do 70-100 dmg when it hits, and it all helps

Hunter spear does do a lot of damage when it hits, but it gets evaded so many times...

So, range wise = Scout, melee = Hunter (if not evaded/blocked too much)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:
True a ranger will deal more dmg up front, but a scout would block alot more hits, giving it time to deal the dmg.

Note, I said dmg over time, not up front dmg.

Think DW makes the more then up for the blocking. Also dont forget the DW cuts both blocking and evading in two; where the scout doesnt cut in half the evade of the ranger.

Now with the Wyrd-specs for rangers I would be pretty sure the ranger wins hand down in dps dealt compared to the scout in straight up melee.

Slam --> Critshot ofcourse is something a scout can do; but in most cases the slam gets purged pretty often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom