Which is best server to start on ready for ywain

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
As title says im going to come back to DAOC tried Uthguard and realised how much i missed it.

I heard there is a new super server being set up Ywain as i want to be part of this which server can i start on now, and still use this character on Ywain?

Reason being dnt want to join a US server start Xping and find i cant be part of the super server ..

cheers

Ziro

Fledgling Freddie
I would definately say the Devon Cluster. That is if you plan on enjoying the BGs along the way while leveling. All chars on US clusters (except the PvP and Coop servers afaik) will be given the option to transfer to Ywain.

It's still a little unclear excactly when the server hits, so at least start on a ToA cluster - you may be able to do some artis and MLs before it goes live :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Killi/Boss have a higher xp bonus, but Devon has the population in all BG's (least when i was taking vamp from 1-24 i found fights in all), which makes leveling more fun.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
So has there been any more news on Ywaine, given it's *supposed* to hit tomorrow last I heard?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
So has there been any more news on Ywaine, given it's *supposed* to hit tomorrow last I heard?

Dark Age of Camelot has information about character transfers before we go on the break. Most of the work is complete. Characters and Houses transfer successfully internally. Guilds and Guild Houses are in progress. When we return from our break, we will address name rules and naming conflicts. The goal is to be done the week after next and possibly go to Pendragon testing by the end of that same week.

June 26 at 2:04pm

================================

Dark Age of Camelot looks to be on track for having character transfers ready for testing this week.

July 6 at 10:24am

================================

Dark Age of Camelot is going to start internal testing of character transfers today. In theory, the testing will move to Pendragon early next week.

July 10 at 6:28am

Copied this from there facebook, and some staff member just came off holiday on monday and they now have more people in the daoc staff. So I'd guess a little while of testing then sorting out other things like tradeable BP items or something for the classic people. So maybe the End of July or First weeks of august ??

They seem to be on scheule whatever they are doing now but..... http://www.camelotherald.com/devblog/news_article.php?storyid=24
It would take quite a bit of time to sort all that out

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Cheers, Madmaxx, most of these sites blocked here, so...

Not in any hurry for supercluster, but good to know it's still on the cards at least, not another unfinished project. Currently PvEing on classic taking advantage of the peace, quiet and pop bonuses, but do not want to be stranded on another dead server!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeah also I know its seems like theres no response on herald, but they/Lori does respond sometime's on Vn board,facebook,twitter you just need to know where to look I guess. If the sites are blocked for ya I'll copy and paste so Q & A's incase there's something you wanted.

Dark Age of Camelot at 6:32am June 8
Our release goal for the first phase is July, ideally the week after the 4th. However, because of the small team, anything that comes up between now and then (which is fairly common) can cause that to slip backwards.
=============================================
Dark Age of Camelot at 6:33am July 10
Certain elements with the guilds proved to be more time consuming than they appeared at initial glance. The work has been finished, but it took longer than expected.

Is there a timeline we can expect?

"Our release goal for the first phase is July, ideally the week after the 4th. However, because of the small team, anything that comes up between now and then (which is fairly common) can cause that to slip backwards," was all I was able to overhear as Knights noticed my presence and whisked me away.

[Note: As of the posting of this Inquisition, the timeline was approximately 1-2 weeks behind the original. The exact time will be determined based the results of testing.]

A bit about the 200p per char cap...
Dark Age of Camelot wroteon July 10, 2009 at 9:25am
I've investigated this a little bit, though a detailed look at it can't happen until the character transfer work is complete. We do not yet know why it was capped at 200p, but because the value on the character is stored in copper, we're dealing with very large numbers. If we find that we can increase the limit easily, then we will try to slip it in along with the character transfer version.
Seems dragon armour for BP's to.
Dark Age of Camelot wroteon July 6, 2009 at 10:28am
There will be an alternative mechanism for acquiring dragon-equivalent equipment.
Lori's reply "You are correct."
"In order to cut down on development time, the initiation of the transfer will require the person to log in to their existing server and execute a command. This will pack up their house, collapse their guild (if they are a guild leader), and log them out. The transfer function will eventually be available via the account center, but the person we need to work on this has a backlog of other high priority tasks and would not be able to get to

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers, Madmaxx, most of these sites blocked here, so...

Not in any hurry for supercluster, but good to know it's still on the cards at least, not another unfinished project. Currently PvEing on classic taking advantage of the peace, quiet and pop bonuses, but do not want to be stranded on another dead server!

Still giving the Ment some love or rerolled?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Still giving the Ment some love or rerolled?
As point of stubboness, there probably will be a ginger-haired mentalist at large. :( My excuse is I've not played with the new toys yet (pbaoe heal nuke, amnesia, etc). Hopefully might be some other NFD and even a grp, but it's jsut talk atm.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
As point of stubboness, there probably will be a ginger-haired mentalist at large. :( My excuse is I've not played with the new toys yet (pbaoe heal nuke, amnesia, etc). Hopefully might be some other NFD and even a grp, but it's jsut talk atm.

Talk??? Some of us are busy not RvRing on Devon & trying to lvl stuff so we're ready to help the ginger one ascend to levels of drunkness.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

Nice - i look forward to PA'ing you/Mezzing you ;) I have hibs too, so might even be playing alongside ya.

If it starts with Elend it's probably me :) Yeah the PBAOE heal is nice in PvE, not really sure how good it'll be in RvR.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Brack m8,

God thats a name from the past, not on their yet m8.

In process of setting it all up, etc and then DL the patches.. Will be on the US Server Devon i take it thats the one to join.

My characters names will be same as before Tigersan, Tomme, Wolfster.

Might as well carry on the name if possible in US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom